Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm going to try CAW

I've tried it before but I got annoyed and impatient so I uninstalled it. Now I'm ready to give it another shot, so wish me luck because I don't know what the hell I'm doing. :?

Comments

• Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited July 2013
    None of us knew what we were doing either. I still don't. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited July 2013
    lol what the above said. It's fun though once you get in the swing of things. If you learn better when you don't have to worry about showing others, just open a map and start messing around with the tools and learning what they do. Do some crazy stuff and just have fun with no pressure. As you're going think about what you might use for your real project. :) and if you have not already, I'd read/watch some tuts to get some guidance.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi :D

Don't try, Do. :D

Don't worry about being perfect the first few times, just have fun! :D
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, this CAW tool is pretty cool. :D
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited July 2013
    None of us knew what we were doing when we first faced an empty green square, most of us are still trying to learn, but it is so funny!!!

Do create a world for you, try anything you want to do with the CAW tools, don´t think in what other people will be thinking of it, read some tutorials to find help (there are very good ones in this forum) you will find your way...

Wellcome to the CAW community
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    HLVARGAS77HLVARGAS77 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I installed CAW for a second time just the other day. The first time I looked at it and closed it down coz I didn't have a clue. This time I actually looked at a couple of YouTube videos, and now I have a slight clue. lol My world is pretty average right now though, I tell you. lol
  • Options
    SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited July 2013
    Enjoy. I love it and probably spend more time in CAW than the actual game. A small tip, start with a small island or town, not a large map (like I did my first time, a little over ambitious - spent months working on it and it was so bad, the routing was such a mess)play around with it and see what works and what doesn't.

- Always check routing and rebuild routing often
    - Never move a lot in CAW once you have built on it
    - This is a personal thing, but I try and build as much as I can in the actual game rather than Edit in Game
    - If you plan on using seasons, make sure your land level is not too close to the sea level or you'll get that ugly snow thing

have fun
  • Options
    tmlizzytmlizzy Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Sinkala wrote:
    Enjoy. I love it and probably spend more time in CAW than the actual game. A small tip, start with a small island or town, not a large map (like I did my first time, a little over ambitious - spent months working on it and it was so bad, the routing was such a mess)play around with it and see what works and what doesn't.

- Always check routing and rebuild routing often
    - Never move a lot in CAW once you have built on it
    - This is a personal thing, but I try and build as much as I can in the actual game rather than Edit in Game
    - If you plan on using seasons, make sure your land level is not too close to the sea level or you'll get that ugly snow thing

have fun

Good advice! Thanks. I'm also just beginning to play around in CAW (for the 2nd time)
  • Options
    MizzRoseBudMizzRoseBud Posts: 71 Member
    edited July 2013
    What the other said - CAW is not perfect and you will run into problems, just remember that we all did that and got it solved some how, mostly with help from the community.

A list wirh pictures of the CAW MetaData. It is not complete and not all the objects are listed with their names, but it is good for inspiration
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Content_Lists:CAW_Content_Lists