The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hunger Games Contest for the fall? Calling for Input!

I've been reading The Hunger Games books again this summer and I think it would make a really great contest. I am hoping to hold it near the time Catching Fire is released in theaters, to get as many interested participants as possible. In my mind, this is a very ambitious project I would like to include:

-Someone to build a world for the games, or suggest a suitable map to play on. Wouldn't have to be a HUGE map, and it would not have houses or buildings. I may venture into Create a World again, but last time I did it baffled me. This would be a great way to show off your creative abilities with world-building as it would not need to be a conventional "world", since the arenas were made up in the books as well.

-The Tributes. Would work something like a lottery, based on how many people we get interested in the games. You could reserve a tribute, then later be assigned a district and gender. Or would you want to create your own tribute from the district of your choice? The problem with the second option is I feel like there would be districts that would go un-picked and there would be holes in the games. If we can only muster up enough interest for 12 tributes, then we would only have 12 instead of 24 tributes.

-Sponsors. To sponsor the winners, but also along the way like in the books, to send Tributes things to help them on their way. A potted-plant decor item to smash their enemies with. A spring-ride to distract a tribute, so you can clobber them? Maybe a generous sponsor will send in a cow-plant to a favorite tribute, to really help them eliminate competitors! This could happen like the real games, where the first days sponsors send 25sp items, and as time goes on, you have to send 50, 75, 100 100+ sp items. Just an idea.

-Skills/Traits. I think the contest should allow for skills to be used, to better make the tribute. They should hopefully line up with the sim's/tribute's traits. Maybe the careers will all have maxed physical skills, and all be athletic. Perhaps your tribute will be a virtuoso and can sing to Mockingjays. Maybe you're a bit eccentric and you've honed your inventing skills to aid you in the arena. You're a bit insane and you talk to yourself so much that people steer clear of you altogether. Perhaps you're irresistible and you've maxed out your charisma and people can't help but flock to you.. only to meet their untimely demise. I think as long as your sim isn't maxed out on ALL skills (as this would be unrealistic, as the ages of the tributes is supposed to be in their teens) skills would be a great addition to the story.

-Uniforms A universal uniform (is that redundant?) would be assigned, just like in the games.

Winners- There would be one winner. But, like in the games, perhaps small prizes would be awarded along the way to the top 12, 8, 4, then maybe larger prizes for 3,2,and 1. Suggest away!

Pre-games- Would we do interviews and the parade where your tribute would be unveiled, revealing their pre-game score and talents? This would be a good time to design a costume for your sim. Not necessary, but could be fun!

I think this could get to be a very involved contest! Let me know your ideas, I've still got a few months to drum up support and plan it all out.
Babies.jpg

Comments

• Hello83433Hello83433 Posts: 3,403 Member
    edited July 2013
    interesting idea, i would definatly be in to participate! :)
    403046191195314s.jpg
  • DayshatwDayshatw Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited July 2013
    It sounds creative and I'd do it. I can't build the world but anything else like uniforms, etc I could help with.
  • aitkens08aitkens08 Posts: 5,922 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hey! Its a great idea! I could help you build up your idea a bit more if you would like :)
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited July 2013
    There are a few world creators that are willing to share their world files.
    You might want to look into that.
    I have a small no roads island I built for a story. I'd be willing to share the world files for you to customize for Games.
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=400"
    This is link to more in world pictures .
    Of course I'd remove the dinosaurs & lots :wink:
    It's base game/AMB & never been uploaded.
    If your interested I can post more info :)
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • HollyhocksFluffHollyhocksFluff Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2013
    There are a few world creators that are willing to share their world files.
    You might want to look into that.
    I have a small no roads island I built for a story. I'd be willing to share the world files for you to customize for Games.
    This is link to more in world pictures .
    Of course I'd remove the dinosaurs & lots :wink:
    It's base game/AMB & never been uploaded.
    If your interested I can post more info :)

Maybe leave the dino's in? ;)
    It looks lovely!
    Babies.jpg
    edited July 2013
    I was thinking some of the creatures from Supernatural would make good Mutts in the games. And would there be actual deaths, or would we just remove the tributes? Ideas swirling in my mind all morning.
    Babies.jpg
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited July 2013
    Since it's so hard to get Sims to actually dispatch each other :wink:
    You might have to settle for just fighting & removing the loser.
    Kinda like DangerDanger's "Fight Club"
    You could always post a more dramatic cut scene of a Tributes end for dramatic effect :)
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • BambiScott5BambiScott5 Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love this idea! I would do something for this though I only have the base game so I couldn't play the game.

Unless im confused one person will play this game correct? we would just need to upload our tribute?
    edited July 2013
    I love this idea! I would do something for this though I only have the base game so I couldn't play the game.

Unless im confused one person will play this game correct? we would just need to upload our tribute?
    Yep! The gamemaster (me, lol) would play the game and post the storyline.
    Babies.jpg
  • BambiScott5BambiScott5 Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2013

Yep! The gamemaster (me, lol) would play the game and post the storyline.

Then I would love to make a character for this. I'll help out any way I can!
    edited July 2013
    bumpus
    Babies.jpg
  • NewYork7NewYork7 Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2013

I'm definitely interested, sounds like a great fun idea for a contest :D
  • SmilzPrettySmilzPretty Posts: 5,143 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well this sounds nice!
    In the mean time you can check out my hunger games lotto. Its quiet different then what you are trying to do but you can take a look at it and steal any and all ideas you like from it. Also it may help you figure out what you DONT want to do in yours :D

Edit: It would help if I posted a link!: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/699858.page
    GznnJ.gif <--- Click (right clicking doesn't count as a click)
    Acts 20:35- it IS more blessed to give than to receive