Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sneak Peeks for this upcoming Thursday, July 18th! [Last Edit 07- 16 - 13]

Comments

• candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited July 2013
    I guess we are going to get only NPC and we will not be able to play with our SIms owning and operating the business themselves.
  • TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    edited July 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    Good, because I am getting tired of this. :P

I want my sims to share a meal at the same time.

That was too funny! :lol:
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited July 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    I could see it now...

Interactions:

- Serve Sim... (Food Options)
    - Get Served by...

And then there's a rap dance off and the loser gets the "You got Served!" moodlet?

j/k :lol:

(Sorry for condensing the post.)
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited July 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    I could see it now...

Interactions:

- Serve Sim... (Food Options)
    - Get Served by...

And then there's a rap dance off and the loser gets the "You got Served!" moodlet?

j/k :lol:

(Sorry for condensing the post.)

:lol::lol:

• CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited July 2013
    I hope the sims going to the restaurant will share table, and that there are new interactions they can do at the table, maybe for dating. And that they don't finish the meal in 5 seconds. :D

The restaurants in TS2 were so much fun. :D Except for the timer counting down during dating. :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hopefully this will work similarly to the Island Paradise buffet tables in that there is a 'Dine With...' option for Sims who are grouped up with non household members.
  • miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited July 2013
    So completely excited for this content, can barely wait :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well, I was trying not to get my hopes up too much, didn't want to expect things we might not be getting, but these previews are killing me! :wink: So yeah, gave up on that. :D

Open restaurants, wooooooooot!!!!!!8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

*fingers and everything else crossed for proper, sims 2 style restaurants*
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2013
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-VWDC6Q8IoQo/UeBstIgJkaI/AAAAAAAAACI/Fe2dy0PkNn0/s640/Screenshot-62.jpg[/img]

This is definitely a new Bar :D The sim behind the counter is most certainly a NPC :D This gets a huge :thumbup: from me!! :mrgreen:

I think the Bar and the Menus are not related. I am hoping that this Venue/Set contains a few premium content items, the Menus pertaining to Restaurants, and perhaps the Bar is for the Bakeries we have long desired 8) 8)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2013
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-VWDC6Q8IoQo/UeBstIgJkaI/AAAAAAAAACI/Fe2dy0PkNn0/s640/Screenshot-62.jpg[/img]

This is definitely a new Bar :D The sim behind the counter is most certainly a NPC :D This gets a huge :thumbup: from me!! :mrgreen:

I think the Bar and the Menus are not related. I am hoping that this Venue/Set contains a few premium content items, the Menus pertaining to Restaurants, and perhaps the Bar is for the Bakeries we have long desired 8) 8)

I hope so as well, Kateoverend. I think it's clear we're getting a restaurant, and from the other, unrelated?, pics potentially a store soon as well. With but a few modification a bakery is not a far stretch at all, and I'd love to see that be the next thing after the open restaurant and open store.

just...now just waiting for a picture of a community lot stove, with an NPC cooking at it. :shock: Here's hoping!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited July 2013
    Best. DLC. Ever.

Enough said. :lol:

By the way... I think that Sim behind the counter in one of the pics is probably a hostess of some kind. Maybe they seat the Sims and then waiters come to take their order, similar to how it worked in TS2.

Either way, it seems like they've finally given into the pleas of many of us who have wanted open restaurants for a long time. So exciting!
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited July 2013
    I thought bar when I first saw it too, but there are no stools, and with the railings on the front, it reminds me more of a cafeteria counter or something along those lines. The sims behind the counter looks like she could be a chef or food prep person.

Maybe they look at the menu to decide then go over and order/receive the food at the counter?

What would be cool is if you could put items for display (like food) on the little shelf in the center. What would be cooler is if you could put different items on display because you could sell different items. ;D

ETA: I have no intention of bringing anyone down or anything, but it might be better to NOT think of these items as working in any way similar to how items worked in TS2. The game engines are so different, it probably can not be done the same and I would hate to see people so disappointed with these items (as has happened in the past) because they did not act the same way they did in TS2!
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited July 2013
    i agree Mariesalias i am trying to contain my hopes of a full functioning restaurant but i must say its the reading the menus thats truly getting me excited!!

another thing thats got me excited is the idea that though we only have one more EP and stuff to go the series could still via the store add many more cool things!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm still wondering if the store and resturent will be comboed and combined.
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand why so many people are complaining that it might not be like OFB. I understand that people want those features, but open restaurants came with Night Life in TS2, not OFB. People have been talking about wanting open restaurants pretty much ever since Sims 3 came out.

I really don't care whether our Sims can own this (potential) venue or not. I'm just thrilled to see that we may finally be able to take Sims on a date to an actual restaurant with NPCs again.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    edited July 2013
    Cororon wrote:
    I hope the sims going to the restaurant will share table, and that there are new interactions they can do at the table, maybe for dating. And that they don't finish the meal in 5 seconds. :D

The restaurants in TS2 were so much fun. :D Except for the timer counting down during dating. :lol:

Oh yea now that would be great bring romantic interactions back to tables. I don't know if the store could add this but if it could it would be awesome feed a bite,hold hands,blow kiss,feed a bite,steal a bite,footisie,kissing and suprise engagement. :D

The resturents in the sims 1 were fun as well. :D
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    I thought bar when I first saw it too, but there are no stools, and with the railings on the front, it reminds me more of a cafeteria counter or something along those lines.

I agree--I thought these were new counters, too, instead of something more. Just larger, with more slots possibly.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hmmmmm...I see no cash register on this counter, and the display case has nothing in it and is also far less open and expansive than the barista bar we got in University (which also sells food).

However, the Sim behind the counter looks like she's wearing a food prep uniform perhaps? Maybe she prepares dishes to order? That would be nice, but overall, I don't see a big difference then from just having the WA food register w/NPC, or the barista w/NPC that we already have.

It would have importance if it were to have play action where you could bring a non-household member with you (such as on a group outing or date), and be able to also order for your guest. Or maybe...

...I remember in TS2, when Sims ate out, they always ordered what was designated as their favorite food, so their meal was always the same, no matter where they ate. So if a Sim's favorite food is grilled cheese, will they always get grilled cheese, or can they choose something else? And can your Sim order for another, or does the other Sim just get their favorite food all the time? Hmmmmm, I'm curious how this works! :)
    edited July 2013
    murfeel wrote:

I agree--I thought these were new counters, too, instead of something more. Just larger, with more slots possibly.

I'm still sticking to my guess that it might be a host/hostess counter. ;D It's not so far-fetched.. there's no reason that it would have to be a podium like in TS2 again. A counter could work just as well.
    edited July 2013
    Now I can make that seafood resturent I wanted to with this set and the stuff from island paradise. :D:wink:
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited July 2013
    Keep the pics coming.Thanx :D
    edited July 2013
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Hmmmmm...I see no cash register on this counter, and the display case has nothing in it and is also far less open and expansive than the barista bar we got in University (which also sells food).

However, the Sim behind the counter looks like she's wearing a food prep uniform perhaps? Maybe she prepares dishes to order? That would be nice, but overall, I don't see a big difference then from just having the WA food register w/NPC, or the barista w/NPC that we already have.

It would have importance if it were to have play action where you could bring a non-household member with you (such as on a group outing or date), and be able to also order for your guest. Or maybe...

...I remember in TS2, when Sims ate out, they always ordered what was designated as their favorite food, so their meal was always the same, no matter where they ate. So if a Sim's favorite food is grilled cheese, will they always get grilled cheese, or can they choose something else? And can your Sim order for another, or does the other Sim just get their favorite food all the time? Hmmmmm, I'm curious how this works! :)

Hello Pamhamlet :) I hope that the fact we are seeing no cash register on this counter/bar is because the register we saw in this image posted by SimGuruSmitty [below] is a new premium content register that will come with food and staff options :) This would be so super awesome!! :mrgreen:

BOx9ovoCMAIqlbS.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand why so many people are complaining that it might not be like OFB. I understand that people want those features, but open restaurants came with Night Life in TS2, not OFB. People have been talking about wanting open restaurants pretty much ever since Sims 3 came out.

I really don't care whether our Sims can own this (potential) venue or not. I'm just thrilled to see that we may finally be able to take Sims on a date to an actual restaurant with NPCs again.
    Hello StarlingGray :) While I prefer that it be an OFB type venue that our sims can own/operate I shall be just as thrilled if it is not :) I am very excited about a Restaurant. I long to add one to my IP Resorts :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    Kinda wierd that EA would show off counters, though. I mean, nothing special about some boring old everyday counters, right? :hunf: Hrm...
  • AntonouzaAntonouza Posts: 76 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sneak Peek #3: He sure makes that look easy
    Screenshot-32.jpg

Wow!!!!! :shock: