Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U 10: MOO U! Guest Professor:TarynTempestwind_Self-Paced Tutorial--See Post 1

ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Sims3ZooUCourse10Banner.png"width=700"

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to Zoo U!

Course 10: MOO U!

zoo_u_plumbobseal_Dividers.png"width=700"

Guest Professor: TarynTempestwind

Description:
This course is about enhancing your builds with the moveObjects cheat. From basic furniture placement tweaks to actually making new furniture and architectural features in your house, the fabulous TarynTempestwind (known MOO Master and candy lover) will lead us through using this very versatile (but potentially problematic) cheat so that even beginning builders will be using it with confidence by the end of the course. The course will be broken into two lessons, starting with basics and proceeding to some more advanced techniques. THIRD LESSON ADDED BY REQUEST!! Taryn will be adding a lesson on using MOO to make your exterior facades be the envy of your friends!

Course Prerequisites: It is very desirable to have a Builder's Blank Neighborhood and a quality Tester Sim (see post two of this thread for both these topics) but not required. You should also read the "Note from Your Teacher" post (post five of this thread) and be sure to follow the link to the model home we will be using for class.

Skill Level for Students: Beginning Builder

Required Supplies: Sims 3 base game and patches for each EP..

zoo_u_plumbobseal_Dividers.png"width=700"

Lesson One: Follow this link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/165/696970.page#11113205

Lesson Two: Follow this link:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/435/696970.page#11143549

Lesson Three: Follow this link:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/690/696970.page#11195627

ZooU_HeraldicSeal_CAPSTOCK.png"width=400"

For Zoo U classes that are "live" a time and date will be given, but they may not be given using your time zone.

You can find out what time the class starts in your town using the World Clock site and their time zone converter. Here is a link:
http://www.timeanddate.com/

ALSO IN THIS THREAD:
POST ONE: Course Description and Lesson Links
POST TWO: Information for Zoo U Students
POST THREE: Class Roster for Each Lesson of This Course
POST FOUR: Student Showcase
POST FIVE: A Note From Your Teacher

ZOO U MASTER THREAD (This thread contains all links to Zoo U courses and bookmarking this thread will allow you to always find us), just click the banner below:

zoo_u_threadbanners_mainlogo_masterlink.png"width=700"

oow785m
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited August 2013
    zoo_u_threadbanners_mainlogo_studentinfo-1.png"width=700"

Zoo U students, after registration, please do the following (some things are marked optional, but if it is not marked that way, I will assume that you will do it before the next lesson).

1. Bookmark this thread so that you can find us for the next lesson. This is where the class will be taking place. IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL, but not required, IF YOU WOULD REGISTER FOR EACH LESSON OF THIS COURSE. It keeps the thread bumped so that new students will see it.

2. If you have not accepted a friend request from me, please consider doing that. (this step is optional)

3. IMPORTANT: The class may involve moving back and forth between this thread and your game. You will be posting questions and comments as well as seeing the photo and description of the build step you are supposed to be doing. It is important that you can have the forum opened to this thread but minimized as you build and have your game open but minimized as you come here to post. Please try this out before the course starts by minimizing this window right now, opening up your game and starting a new game, saving your game and hitting the "windows" key on your keyboard (if you have a Mac, kindly scroll down to post four and my friend Wibble will tell you how to do this!) and posting something in this thread (like "Testing that I can post while my game is open") and then going back into your game to make sure all is running well. This all works fine on MY computer, but everyone's machine is different and you don't want any unpleasant surprises when the first lesson begins.

4. I am going to be adding some links to useful threads I'm making for students in Zoo U. It is optional that you do any of those, but they will help you have a smoother time as a builder. I would at least go look at what has been posted, but even that is not required. (This step is optional)

zoo_u_plumbobseal_Dividers.png

Here is a link to a thread about Tester Families:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/486961.page

Here is the Exchange link for my favorite Tester Sim if you don't want to make your own:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5018210

Here is the Exchange link for a vastly updated version of my favorite Tester Sim (she has a CAP pattern that I made but no CC) and her cat Helix:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6722698

Here is the Exchange link for a group of Tester Sims that would be very helpful if you have Supernatural and are building with Alchemy potions and the like:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6767525

Here is a link to a thread about making a Builder's Blank Neighborhood:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/488892.page

Post edited by Unknown User on
    oow785m
    edited August 2013
    zoo_u_threadbanners_heraldicseal_classroster.png"width=700"

To Register for Lesson One of "MOO U", the tenth course offered by Zoo U, please post at the end of this thread with the words:

"Register Me!"

Class Roster for Lesson One:
    ZooProfessor3
    annin7
    blinky47j
    gngrsnp
    FinnyFman
    WrathofCath
    priscapup
    Larifari2009
    suepea
    Army008
    Hidehi
    Glenkarri
    glenkatko
    blinky47j
    BreeMiles
    Springfairy556
    jenny0786
    Corwim
    pinknomadgirl
    Hi9266
    HeatherNolte87
    JWgirl28
    ccourter
    chelled1975
    pam2297
    BrysonCityGurl
    HenryDob
    CrazySims88
    Marit_Watery
    BlueMurder
    Sha_Sha_thesim
    Finvola
    courtneylillyyy
    ninabonita4
    cherylzoey
    Nohism
    jali3993
    Deeiutza_SIMS
    Jaddae
    t2evans2000
    alverdinedrake
    pammats
    XangstyXbutXawsumX
    KellyMicheleG
    georgebass
    AZSpudKing
    xkaylanicolex
    SadieLynn
    fancykiss86
    patalano2
    jesuisdiana
    pam2297
    Lenne42
    Warmy1
    ericcmilliga
    plutofigaro
    Wreck_Diver
    HARLEY2
    pixsidust2

Class Roster for Lesson Two:
    ZooProfessor3
    Hidehi
    nerdy3000
    suepea
    annin7
    Marit_Watery
    glenkatko
    WrathofCath
    pixsidust2
    KOCHIE1210
    priscapup
    t2evans2000
    cdavistheriault
    noracelwyne
    Springfairy556
    Army008
    okido1987
    Idontrcall
    jenny0786
    Corwim
    Glenkarri
    samiam662
    suepea
    BreeMiles
    blinky47j
    twinewlipsedawn
    InvisibleLyndz

Class Roster for Lesson Three:
    ZooProfessor3
    twinewlipsedawn
    BreeMiles
    DataHead
    jenny0786
    glenkatko
    Glenkarri
    priscapup
    suepea
    annin7
    WrathofCath
    KOCHIE1210
    junceda
    t2evans2000
    will2586
    Marit_Watery
    samiam662
    Corwim
    blinky47j
    Idontrcall
    gngrsnp
    alverdinedrake
    pixsidust2
    3TREES
    Hidehi

zoo_u_plumbobseal_Dividers.png

What should I wear to class today?
    Screenshot-54-1.jpg"width=800"

Screenshot-46-1.jpg"width=800"
    oow785m
    edited February 2014
    The Blackcat Builders (Student Showcase)

Here you will find the links for threads with student work related to this course.

BreeMiles
    Marit_Watery
    Springfairy556
    annin7
    ZooProfessor3
    priscapup
    t2evans2000
    suepea
    KOCHIE1210
    pixsidust2
    Hidehi
    InvisibleLyndz
    twinewlipsedawn
    WrathofCath
    Corwim
    Idontrcall
    3TREES
    DataHead
    DolphineQ

Snowflake-- Official Mascot of the Zoo U Blackcats
    Sims3ZooUBannerSnowflakephoto-1.png

Directions for Posting Photos in a Forum Thread:

1. Get a free account from PhotoBucket or any other photo hosting site. This should NOT require a credit card.

2. Follow the directions on the photo hosting site to create an album and upload photos. It will give you an option to Browse your computer to find the photos to upload. If you want to upload screenshots from your game, you will find them in the Electronic Arts folder, in the Sims 3 sub-folder, and in the Screenshots sub-sub folder.

3. Once your photos are in the photo-hosting site, you want a thing called the image code. On Photobucket you hit the little gear icon and choose "Get Links" and then click on the image code one and it copies the code to the clipboard.

4. Open up a fresh forum thread and right-click inside your first post and choose "paste" (that will paste what is in the clipboard-- in this case the image code for your photograph--- into your thread).

5. Photographs that come from a photo-hosting site are too big and will break the thread if you don't resize them. To resize them just type "width=600" (INCLUDING QUOTES) right before the [/IMG] in the long string of symbols which is the image code. Be sure you don't have any spaces added in when you do this and make sure you don't gain or lose any of the symbols from the image code.

6. Choose "preview" to look at what your post will look like before you post it. If you photos all look to suit you then post away!

oow785m
    edited August 2013
    zoo_u_threadbanners_mainlogo_teachernote.png"width=700"

Hello Zoo U Students! Here is a note from Taryn:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hello everyone!

In MOO U, I will be showing you the how, what and whys of learning to use and enjoying to use the cheat MoveObjects On. (hereafter referred to simply as MOO.)

We will start at the beginning, to make beginners feel welcome and comfortable, but in no time at all, you will see how easy it is, and we will move on to more advanced versions. The class will help you understand when MOO works, Why it works...and why it doesn't, and how to make it work! And how MOO will help your builds become very, very customized and detailed and cozy. I personally think that MOO really is that little edge between what makes a nice home, and what makes a great home.

I think the number one complaint is that MOO causes routing errors. This is both true and false. Bad MOO causes routing errors if you are careless with it, do not test it, or don't understand why it works or why it doesn't. I will help you understand how to make it work, and not cause routing issues. There are tips and tricks to this that I will explain and demonstrate. Good MOO, well placed MOO, will not cause routing errors, and it will make your homes come alive! I fully believe that MOO lets my homes be CC free, but look totally customized.

A couple of things for beginners to think about before the class. To use the cheat code Moveobjects on, hold down these three keys all together at once to make the cheat code box appear. The Shift key, ( the letter) C and the control key on your keyboard. The blue cheat code box will appear on the top of your screen. Now type in this, code MoveObjects on To remove it, press Shift, C, and Control again, all together, and type MoveObjects off

If you have a typo, and don't feel like backspacing to correct the word, hit the escape key to make the cheat box disappear and try again.

Note: you do NOT have to have "testingcheatsenabled on" to use MOO.
    MOO works independently without that. You can use it with or without "testingcheatsenabled on"

You may type it without the capital letters and it will work too. ( I typed them with capital letters so you could see the word breaks) Like this: moveobjects on moveobjects off

Use a tester sim in your game when learning MOO. It is really important that you have a sim test your MOOing for form AND function. So have a sim ready for your class. If they have the handy skill maxed, all the better! They can upgrade your fireplaces to fireproof, make tvs and plumbing unbreakable, or self cleaning, and test at the same time! But do not pick up and Move your sim in build/ buy mode using MOO. They hate that! That alone will cause routing issues. They will become absolute pills and will have tantrums and refuse to do your bidding. You may think it is your MOOed objects causing routing issues, when it fact, it is the sim you have moved yourself with MOO.

Playing your sim in live Mode with "MoveObjects On" can cause, not always, but can cause, them to become confused and irritating. They may not want to go anywhere or do anything you ask. You can reset them by bring up the cheat box again, and typing in the cheat code ResetSim Taryn Tempestwind ( use your own sim's full name here instead, of course). When building alone, not actively playing, mind you, I can use my tester sim for long periods of time and not have it be a problem. In fact, I have had it happen only one time. It is a known issue though, so if you are playing, really playing, it's best to make sure to play the Sims with MoveObjects Off. This is another reason that people will tell you that MOO causes routing errors. They have forgotten to turn MOO off when they went from building mode to playing mode, and it has confused their sim. Again, you can use the cheat ResetSim (first and last name of your sim) or save yourself frustration and get into the good habit of remembering to turn MOO off (MoveObjects Off) when in live mode.

Zoo has a wonderful tester sim in her studio, Julianna, if you don't have a "handy" sim. Just download her. You will love her! The link is in Zoo's instructions on this page. (See Post Two)

People may tell you that MOO causes their computer to lag. I personally feel that it is their old, outdated or tired computer causing the lag, not the MOOing. Let's be honest. Many of us are using old, outdated and tired computers. I am! We can not all have soured up, speedy, up to date machines! Sims 3 is a pretty intense, complicated, graphic heavy game! I don't think MOOing is the cause of the lag. I think it is the computer.

So come join us...learn to MOO like you mean it! I promise you it is easy and super creative. Your homes will look better! You will feel like you are making your own CC objects, and you will feel great about how detailed and custom you are making your homes!

Even if you do not have all the expansion packs, stuff packs, and store items you want, MOOing will make you rethink, reuse, re-color and repurpose what you do have! You will feel like your build/buy options have grown!

I hope to see you in class!

Taryn

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

P.S.

GO HERE FOR OUR MODEL HOME TO WORK ON FOR CLASS:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/696970.page#11095078

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ZooU_HeraldicSeal_CAPSTOCK.png"width=500"
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    zoo_u_forumfooters_decal_try.png

Just post the words "Register Me" in this thread to join us on Saturday, July 20th!
    oow785m
  • blinky47jblinky47j Posts: 495 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yeah! I really want to try this!

PLEASE REGISTER ME! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Bookedmarked!
    edited July 2013
    blinky47j wrote:
    Yeah! I really want to try this!

PLEASE REGISTER ME! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Bookedmarked!

Welcome to Zoo U! I will put you on the class roster right away!
    oow785m
  • gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited July 2013
    Bookmarked.
    Register me.
    edited July 2013
    gngrsnp wrote:
    Bookmarked.
    Register me.

Hi, Cookie! *waves*

You are registered! Welcome to Zoo U!
    oow785m
  • annin7annin7 Posts: 405 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm on my way! 8)

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-ylnRpgH6_5A/UeDqsgs3PrI/AAAAAAAADSg/hxv61EuzbSo/s600/Screenshot-41.jpg[/img]

Screenshot-42.jpg

Screenshot-43.jpg

Screenshot-44.jpg

1Screenshot-41.jpg

MOOUT2.png

• TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited July 2013
    Lol! Annin is sailing over! With Scoutie! Annin, if you upload your tee shirt pattern I will have Fairy Taryn wear it for the class pictures! Please-oh-pretty-please?!

I am getting my thoughts together for the class. I,still think many of you are coming to gang up on me, mock my typos, and heckle the sub, because I have seen wonderful MOO work from so many of you! I will have to up my game just to keep up with you!

Until then!

Taryn

PS. If you are joining the class, I'd love for you to send me a friend request! I will be so proud of you and will love to see your new builds when they come up on the exchange, and how your own builds evolve after the class.
  • FinnyFmanFinnyFman Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Register me please!!! :D:D
    edited July 2013
    annin7 wrote:
    I'm on my way! 8)

IMAGES

HI ANNIN!!! *waves*

I love your MOO shirt! I need to go put mine on, too!
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    Lol! Annin is sailing over! With Scoutie! Annin, if you upload your tee shirt pattern I will have Fairy Taryn wear it for the class pictures! Please-oh-pretty-please?!

I am getting my thoughts together for the class. I,still think many of you are coming to gang up on me, mock my typos, and heckle the sub, because I have seen wonderful MOO work from so many of you! I will have to up my game just to keep up with you!

Until then!

Taryn

PS. If you are joining the class, I'd love for you to send me a friend request! I will be so proud of you and will love to see your new builds when they come up on the exchange, and how your own builds evolve after the class.

Did you see all the candy on Annin's ship? I think he's planning to try to bribe the teacher!
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    FinnyFman wrote:
    Register me please!!! :D:D

Welcome to Zoo U! I will put you on the class roster right now.
    oow785m
    edited July 2013
    Screenshot-315-1.jpg"width=800"

Okay, I'm dressed appropriately now! I hope Julianna Tester's cat Helix will get along with Scoutie.

Here is the pattern I used in my MOO shirt. I used bits and pieces of stuff that a Zoo U student put on the Course 9 thread (I will have to check to see WHICH student). Notice the graphic is the back end of a cow? LOL!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7480639
    oow785m
  • LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love your shirts!!! lol

Where can I buy it? :D
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi Zoo and Taryn! PLEASE REGISTER ME! I'm so looking forward to this class!!! :mrgreen:

Annin! I LOVE the tee shirt! :thumbup: And I didn't notice the candy at first, but when I went back to see, I noticed an apple and a notebook on the table too, lol! Annin is completely prepared for class!!! :P

Gotta get to the candy store next...
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yay!!!! Hello everyone! Register me, please! :mrgreen:

Annin is definitely gonna be teacher's favorite with all that yummy candy! And I want a MOO shirt! :D
  • Larifari2009Larifari2009 Posts: 679 Member
    edited July 2013
    This sounds so great " Professor Taryn Tempestwind" :D and the pictures annin posted just make me smile - so cute, so funny - great t-shirt :D
    bannerforum1.jpg

edited July 2013
    The candy! The candy! Annin gets an A + already!!! I can be bribed! Plus! You saw that candy, and you know it was MOOed. Annin already knows what he is doing! He is another one that I will watch for shenanigans and hijinks in class!

But wait!!! Take a close look at Annin's first picture! I just noticed! His Fatty sim is at the top of the boat with a triumphant fist pump in the air....and look..he is wearing cow patterned sexy swim trunks! :lol::lol::lol: I laughed so hard!

Scoutie loves kitties! So don't worry Zoo. She thinks "they are sooo fluffy!!!" She trembles with excitement when she sees the kitty at the vet! I think she wants one. She loves my daughters bird too! He got out one day..my fault, again, and he crash landed on the floor and Scout ran over and just sat and stared at him.

And Zoo looks marvelous!

T
    edited July 2013
    EeeeEeeeeEEeeee! Annin just uploaded shirts for us in his studio!!!

• annin7annin7 Posts: 405 Member
    edited July 2013
    Zoo have the lovely blue T-Shirt,so we have four colors now! 8)

• suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited July 2013
    There's candy? Enough for all of us? Hope Annin's gonna share :mrgreen:

Hi everyone!

Register me, count me in -- can't wait to join the party 8)

ETA -- Annin -- love the tee shirts!
    h2xmsbl]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top