Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims BR's tutorial how to place diving spots in other worlds translated to english ;)

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2013
    Mcrud your dive lot looks awesome :) one question could you possibly upload it?

Sure I can, just not hundred percent sure it will work for you, like I said, some of my own lots work for me and some don't, so to make the percentage higher I suggest you place it in very deep water, of if you have sunlit tides exactly where I placed mine :mrgreen: will update with a link once done
    Thank you mcrudd :)

Its my pleasure :)
    Avytar2 wrote:
    Thanks for the help.

Glad to have helped in some way :wink:
    Is it possible to have an already made diving spot... i dont wanna make up one

Its another of that 50/50 things, some people have luck with it and some don't, I suggest using the deepest colour water and perhaps you will be lucky :)
    edited July 2013

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7460573
  • puppydog515puppydog515 Posts: 216 Member
    edited July 2013
    mcrudd wrote:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7460573
    Thanks! :wink:
  • guitarangelguitarangel Posts: 167 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have a question....I tried placing a diving lot from IP to SV and when I put the lot in that world, at the bottom of the ocean floor, it's all blue....no ground detail....am I doing something wrong? It's not showing no sand or ocean terrain on the bottom floor. Any ideas why this is happening? :(
  • noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited July 2013
    Every time I try to put the Bouy in it won't let me anyone else having this problem.?????
    edited July 2013
    I have a question....I tried placing a diving lot from IP to SV and when I put the lot in that world, at the bottom of the ocean floor, it's all blue....no ground detail....am I doing something wrong? It's not showing no sand or ocean terrain on the bottom floor. Any ideas why this is happening? :(

Its probably ajusting it to the SV floor covering, I suggest trying to go into build mode and spraying some floors down in build mode, perhaps that will work, remember to go down to the lowest floor to make it easier to control the camera :wink:
    noddy wrote:
    Every time I try to put the Bouy in it won't let me anyone else having this problem.?????

Did you remember to go up all the floors so you are on the most top floor, the buoy does not place under water :wink:
  • minirexgalminirexgal Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I made a dive lot for my all medieval game in Dragon Valley> still trying to work around the taxis and such but anyhow.... yes my dive lot is now fully functional. I followed the instructions just like here but when it came time to place the bouy it floated a ways above the water. It made the lot impossible to dive on. The fix is to place the bouy and then just like you did with the lot you delete it but then reverse your decision rather than replace it with a new one. When it pops back in it will be on the water. Set the the bouy to dive mastery level you want and save. I have all spawners and the cave working. I also followed a tutorial( here at http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=506296) so that the two smaller islands off shore were hidden and the cave I placed on my dive spot leads to one of the as a reward. The other will need a mermaid to befriend and tell location. I'll try and get pictures up. You'll need the mod he has there to make the marker for hidden islands show up in buydebug If you mess up on your hidden Island you can't re-open the lot wihout the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands. You will have to delete the lot and start again because you can't as far as I know build buy on it once the marker is activated> Now you can have the whole deal pretty much anywhere. I absolutely love this expansion and enjoy what it ads to my game play. Good luck!
  • AmbaAestheticAmbaAesthetic Posts: 955 Member
    edited July 2013
    KezJona wrote:
    I followed this guide to add a Dive Spot to Appaloosa Plains in the following position:

Screenshot-7.jpg

It was a 30 x 30 lot as I wanted to test it to see if it worked, added some objects and spawners a long with the buoy that set the Dive level to 0. The dude in the ranch on the left of the marker swam out to the edge of the lot space, but when I asked him to Dive the action cancelled immediately on me and he kept having the "I can't get there" icon above his head so is this place entirely unroutable..? Even though I could place a lot there?? I lowered the terrain as stated in some of the replies as well.

If anyone else has tried in AP let me know how you got it working!

Kez

P.S: Sorry you need to click the photo to see the marker, won't show on Thumb for some reason.

Hey,
    I have this exact same problem however mine is set to level 8. I have full diving level but still had this problem, HOWEVER I had a message come up saying about setting a 'front of lot' (go to your lot, go under water, hold down shift & ctrl and click, should come up with 'set front of lot') I guess this was meant to work so I suggest trying it, it hasn't worked for me but I'm going to have a fiddle around and see :)
    Back after a 5year break away.
    I mainly build. I don't use CC just 'moveobjects'.
    Was mainly known on the good old sims 3 forums.

• itsjazzmin01itsjazzmin01 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    My sim can not scuba dive or swim near the spot...???
  • jcundyjcundy Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2013
    I followed the Tut, every seems to have worked except the icon for the dive spot is still a picnic table? what step did I miss.....

thanks again! everything else seems to have worked.
    edited July 2013
    jcundy wrote:
    I followed the Tut, every seems to have worked except the icon for the dive spot is still a picnic table? what step did I miss.....

thanks again! everything else seems to have worked.

You missed changing the lot back to a diving area after demolishing it the first time :wink:
    edited July 2013
    I am so happy, after lots of trials and errors I finally made a diving lot in Barnacle bay :)

Screenshot-33_zpsbe6977c3.jpg

Screenshot-32_zps6d227e79.jpg

Screenshot-28_zps33ccca73.jpg

Screenshot-27_zps9ff286b2.jpg

Screenshot-29_zps7cbf87a0.jpg

Screenshot-25_zps2ad85ce2.jpg

Screenshot-24_zpsb69535e0.jpg

Screenshot-26_zps6c4aeb45.jpg

When I went to take screenies, even the townies were using it and a mermaid joined in too. This is a brand new save to make the diving lot.
  • ToliberaTolibera Posts: 1,366 Member
    edited July 2013
    How does placing a dive lot in Lunar Lakes work? there's no Ocean to use out there, and the rivers are unroutable. it also refuses to allow lots to be put in the lake.
  • mrln420mrln420 Posts: 577 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have a question. When you enter those cheats. Do you have to turn any of them off?
    edited July 2013
    Tolibera wrote:
    How does placing a dive lot in Lunar Lakes work? there's no Ocean to use out there, and the rivers are unroutable. it also refuses to allow lots to be put in the lake.

I have not tried Lunar Lakes, yet, not a big fan of that world, but I could play around in it if you would like me to have a look.
    mrln420 wrote:
    I have a question. When you enter those cheats. Do you have to turn any of them off?

Once you completed your lot and locked it, you can use the cheats again but changing on to off and true to false and then the chats will be switched off and normal game play can resume :wink:
  • mrln420mrln420 Posts: 577 Member
    edited July 2013
    mcrudd wrote:
    Tolibera wrote:

I have not tried Lunar Lakes, yet, not a big fan of that world, but I could play around in it if you would like me to have a look.
    mrln420 wrote:

Once you completed your lot and locked it, you can use the cheats again but changing on to off and true to false and then the chats will be switched off and normal game play can resume :wink:
    oh, ok, thank you I thought if you didn't turn them off it would mess up your game. That's why I never used them nor wanted to until now. :D
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    edited July 2013
    Tolibera wrote:

Dive lots may not be placed in Lunar Lakes. It's considered by the game to be above sea level and they may only be placed in bodes of water that are considered to be at sea level.
  • Avytar2Avytar2 Posts: 659 Member
    edited July 2013
    lilsis3421 wrote:
    wow thanks! i can't wait to try this!

*bookmarked*

Yes you can. However you can't interact with them the way you can on land. I found this out on a YouTube tutorial, but no explanation as to why.
  • kimmyfrmtxkimmyfrmtx Posts: 140 Member
    edited July 2013
    I did manage to put a dive lot in AP after many many tries with different lot sizes in different places.

Used a 40x30 lot. It is near where the ocean would be if the world didn't end there.

I had to keep lowering the terrain until it worked. The sides are flat because of the depth but my sim can dive there. When he returned to the surface there was another boat there beside the taxi.

Then my power went out & I lost all my progress so I will have to start again.

I am going to try the largest lot so I can possibly slope the sides more to see if that will make it more attractive and easier for the camera to navigate.
    The sims 4: I give up.
    Maxis and EA have killed the sims. RIP
  • VanHelsin37VanHelsin37 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2013
    UNRESPONSIVE DIVE BUOY:

Folks who've built dive areas and have the command to use them cancel out instead of being initiated; the problem seems to be the dive buoy is too high in the water.

I wracked my brain for days over this before finding this video on YouTube:
    not my work, but very very helpful

http://youtu.be/TXqe2XTivb4

It showed me how to lower the terrain below the buoy to sink it so its usable. I tried it on an existing faulty dive area and it worked for me and has continued to work since. I hope it helps some of you.
    edited July 2013
    UNRESPONSIVE DIVE BUOY:

Folks who've built dive areas and have the command to use them cancel out instead of being initiated; the problem seems to be the dive buoy is too high in the water.

I wracked my brain for days over this before finding this video on YouTube:
    not my work, but very very helpful

http://youtu.be/TXqe2XTivb4

It showed me how to lower the terrain below the buoy to sink it so its usable. I tried it on an existing faulty dive area and it worked for me and has continued to work since. I hope it helps some of you.

Thank you very much for this information.
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't know if this has been covered or not but when binning and placing a lot to the same or another worlds my lot (which functions fine in its original place/lot) won't place correctly, it is under water but not fully and you cannot go below surface nor see the floor grid.

Have I missed a step or missed something?
    edited July 2013
    I don't know if this has been covered or not but when binning and placing a lot to the same or another worlds my lot (which functions fine in its original place/lot) won't place correctly, it is under water but not fully and you cannot go below surface nor see the floor grid.

You did not miss any steps :( I for one have not figured out how to use a pre build dive lot yet, not even if I place them in the exact same spot. That is why all the tutorials you find only shows how to build one from scratch.

If I ever find a successfull tutorial I will link it here :wink:
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited July 2013
    mcrudd wrote:

You did not miss any steps :( I for one have not figured out how to use a pre build dive lot yet, not even if I place them in the exact same spot. That is why all the tutorials you find only shows how to build one from scratch.

If I ever find a successfull tutorial I will link it here :wink:

Oh boo, this makes for trouble, I built mine in a sandbox world so I will not have in my main template world D:

screenshot_original.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Oh boo, this makes for trouble, I built mine in a sandbox world so I will not have in my main template world D:

screenshot_original.jpg

Aww that sucks :( Now you will have to rebuild it in your own world. For what its worth, its a beautiful diving lot :wink: