Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Video Tutorial Added!! Scuba Diving Ouside Isla Paradiso (Updated)

Hi Guys and Gals!

TS3HowToBuildDiveLots1_zpse206fd44.png

I managed to get scuba diving to work outside of Isla Paradiso! :D I spent the day yesterday trying to get it to work and finally did! I was Tweeting about it and a lot of people asked for a tutorial, as were people on my YouTube channel, so I have made a tutorial.

I thought I would share it here as I am sure I'm not the only person who wants scuba diving in other worlds!

<a href=http://youtu.be/TXqe2XTivb4&gt;Watch the tutorial here!!</a>

Worlds which this method works in, with videos! (Click the name of the World)

Base and Expansion Pack Worlds:

Appaloosa Plains - Diving Areas work! I did a Live Broadcast yesterday (7/7) and had Diving Areas working! Video coming soon!

<a href=http://youtu.be/w2rC_5vAO6Y&gt;Bridgeport&lt;/a&gt; - Some areas under the sea have grass textures.

Moonlight Falls - Diving Areas work! I did a Live Broadcast yesterday (7/7) and had Diving Areas working! Video coming soon! - Confirmed to work by <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/694293.page#11056346>TheSexyTardis </a> - Thank you!

Starlight Shores - Confirmed to work by <a href=hhttp://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/694293.page#11058686>JEREMYSIMS01 </a> - Thank you!

Sunset Valley - This does work, but the YouTube link generated is flagging the forum censor for some reason. Sorry!

Twinbrook

Store Worlds:

<a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3zjnYf2dEg&gt;Aurora Skies</a>

<a href=http://youtu.be/uYJmjgQCtAI&gt;Sunlit Tides</a>

Dragon Valley - Confirmed to work by <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/694293.page#11051242>Ravenslightt </a> - Thank you! JEREMYSIMS01 has some fantastic images of his lot <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/694293.page#11054514>in this thread</a>

<a href=http://youtu.be/8g0e_bYSaMU&gt;Monte Vista </a> - Confirmed to work by <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/694293.page#11054514>Frimlin</a&gt; - Thank you!

Riverview

Lucky Palms - Diving Areas work! I did a Live Broadcast yesterday (7/7) and had Diving Areas working! Video coming soon!

Hidden Springs - Diving Areas work! I did a Live Broadcast yesterday (7/7) and had Diving Areas working! Video coming soon!

(I do not own Barnacle Bay or Lunar Lakes so unfortunately I won't be able to test their compatibility, if anyone with these Worlds is able to try this out and let me know that would be a great help! I can update this post to let everyone else know too!)

World Adventure Worlds:

Shang Simla

Al Simhara

Champ Le Sims

University Life Worlds:

University - Confirmed to work by <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/694293.page#11051670>MGSFan612 </a> - Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2013
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited July 2013
    I can also confirm that it works in Sunlit Tides! I am uploading a video now. It suffers from the same 'jump' as before, a little higher this time, but it still continues on as usual. I will update the first post with a video when it is finished :) I also realised that I put this in the wrong forum, I meant to put it in the Worlds one. Sorry!
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thank you! I wish I could view it right now, but I'm at work--it's a thing I have to do in between simming. But, I definitely plan on viewing your video later this evening.

Also, I'd love to hear how you placed the dive lots in AS. I haven't tried to place dive lots in other worlds, but I know there are a few guides out on how to do this. I don't know the best method.

Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hi there! I tried the guides on the forums earlier today but I encountered a lot of problems with them. They weren't game breaking or anything bad like that (in fact, they were hilarious! Flying boats, mermen and Sims!).

I ended up spending all day working it out for myself and to find a method which works and is easy to do (I'm sure Cinderellimouse can back me up! I've been talking about it all day and uploading pictures to my Twitter!).

I've uploaded the gameplay videos to show that it does work like a normal dive lot, and that there is some weird 'jump' whenever a Sim or Boat travels across the boarder of the dive lot. It isn't anything major and so far it hasn't caused any problems with the game.

I will be making a video tutorial tomorrow showing what it is I've done. For now I just wanted people to see that it does work, that there is a slight issue, but it isn't a major one.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited July 2013
    Wow scuba diving in Aurora Skies looks kinda scary in that super dark water. I'd expect some kind of sea monster to come out and eat the sims! Like a plesiosaur or something!
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited July 2013
    Wow, scuba diving in AS sure is different from SLT. The super dark water sure does have a scary effect to it.

I appreciate the videos, especially where you showed the "jump" on the border of the dive lots. That's good to know.

I look forward to your video tutorial! :)
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited July 2013
    I can't wait for the tutorial

well done Weealbet
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Weealbeat :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    I can also confirm that it works in Sunlit Tides! I am uploading a video now. It suffers from the same 'jump' as before, a little higher this time, but it still continues on as usual.

I can live with a little jump as the sim swims off the edge of the lot, I'm just THRILLED! that we can dive in other world than IP. I do think all features should be available in ALL worlds.
    Weealbet wrote:

I ended up spending all day working it out for myself and to find a method which works and is easy to do (I'm sure Cinderellimouse can back me up! I've been talking about it all day and uploading pictures to my Twitter!).

Oh yeah! I'm just happy you've saved me the pain and anguish of trying to figure it out for myself! :twisted: :lol:

I was suggesting the fourm pages that I'd bookmarked (trying to be helpful) and you were like 'tried that, 'tried that'! :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wow scuba diving in Aurora Skies looks kinda scary in that super dark water. I'd expect some kind of sea monster to come out and eat the sims! Like a plesiosaur or something!

I know, right! I was kind of worried about diving in other worlds when I was trying to get it sorted because I was sort of thinking that it would take on the whole "tropical" vibe from Isla Paradiso!

It was a pleasant surprise when I first dived into the lot and saw how dark and murky it looked! I was then worried about the fauna we got with IP because they are so bright and colourful, which wouldn't look right in AS. I'm happy to say that they are all recolourable too!
    Wow, scuba diving in AS sure is different from SLT. The super dark water sure does have a scary effect to it.

I appreciate the videos, especially where you showed the "jump" on the border of the dive lots. That's good to know.

I look forward to your video tutorial!

I know, right! It takes on a whole new life of its own down in AS!

Thank you. I wanted to show the 'lump' so that people were aware of it. I originally had a lot of issues trying to get it all to work properly and the only thing I can't get rid of is that 'jump'. In all honesty though, I am happy to be able to incorporate Scuba Diving in most other Worlds so that jump isn't a problem for me. It might be for others though, which is why I showed it. I didn't want people to be happy thinking that we can go Scuba Diving in the game, then find that ump for themselves. I'd rather be honest and up front about it :)

The tutorial should be up later, after I record it of course lol.
    jacqpinks wrote:
    I can't wait for the tutorial

well done Weealbet

Thank you! The tutorial should be up later today! :D
    Thanks Weealbeat :-)

You are most welcome! :)
    Weealbet wrote:
    I can also confirm that it works in Sunlit Tides! I am uploading a video now. It suffers from the same 'jump' as before, a little higher this time, but it still continues on as usual.

I can live with a little jump as the sim swims off the edge of the lot, I'm just THRILLED! that we can dive in other world than IP. I do think all features should be available in ALL worlds.
    Weealbet wrote:

Oh yeah! I'm just happy you've saved me the pain and anguish of trying to figure it out for myself!

I was suggesting the fourm pages that I'd bookmarked (trying to be helpful) and you were like 'tried that, 'tried that'!

Yip! I'm thrilled by it too! I can't wait to go and build dive spots in AS and turn that town into a sea-side resort town! I am so excited by this! :D

Oh, don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciated your help! I had used those as a starting point and I wouldn't have been able to sort it had I not read those posts, so thank you again! :D

Thank you everyone! I will be recording the tutorial in a little while, so hopefully it should be up by the days end!

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2013
    looking forward to this toturial
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I would have been uploading it now, but I forgot to enable my microphone! :oops:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hi guys! I've done the tutorial and I am uploading it now :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Just an update to let you know that the tutorial has been added, watch it <a href=http://youtu.be/TXqe2XTivb4&gt;HERE!!&lt;/a&gt;
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2013
    Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks so much for posting this. It's so nice to see it in video form.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, great tutorial! Have you tried importing your custom dive lots to other worlds or do you plan on creating new lots for each world? I am definitely going to try a custom lot for DV. Importing the original IP dive lots to different worlds can be tricky.
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited July 2013
    thanks, great information
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks so much for posting this. It's so nice to see it in video form.

No worries! I prefer video tutorials over written ones as I sometimes find them hard to follow. With video ones you are pretty much seeing how it is done in game (or in general) which I like as you know what you are doing :)
    Thanks, great tutorial! Have you tried importing your custom dive lots to other worlds or do you plan on creating new lots for each world? I am definitely going to try a custom lot for DV. Importing the original IP dive lots to different worlds can be tricky.

You're welcome! I haven't tried importing custom dive lots, this wasn't something I thought about until a few hours after I recorded this as I don't download lots lol. I did try the other method of importing the IP lots, but had so many issues with that. My Sims and their boats were floating 50 feet in the air when on top of the lot. It wasn't like the jump bug in the video's either, they all literally learned how to fly! It was amusing but annoying lol.

I think that there will probably be similar problems with Custom Dive Lots as it seems some graphics (like the ripples) are tied to the buoy, which seems to have a connection to the sea bed level.
    thanks, great information
    No worries, I hope that it helps! :D
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited July 2013
    Are you tricking us? You made it seem so easy!
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Are you tricking us? You made it seem so easy!

Haha, I want to take that as a compliment :D

But yeah, it actually is really easy to do! Everything that is important to get these lots to work are in the video. The only things that I don't show are the loading and me building the lot (unless I jump in to show something that I realized needed a mention).

It is a little bit fiddly to begin with when you need to get the buoy height right, but once you figure that out, you can start and finish a lot in about an hour.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the video. I am now going back to my dive lot in Barnacle Bay to see if I can make it work. Problem is my game is mid winter now and I don't really feel like making my Sims go diving with snow falling. But I'll edit the lot anyhow.

A little later - I added some fog emitters and sent my Sim diving and got a video of it. So I can report that diving lots at Barnacle Bay do work. The thing is though, the seabed is covered with grass. I left it as it was so that it would blend in with its surroundings.

EDIT: Here's a link to the video.

I haven't had any feedback from anyone about whether or not they can get the original video open. I've given up on it and will probably delete it soon. I did another version of it that I can get open. This has less in it but it opens.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=455087

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I just ordered my IP copy yesterday, and I've heard about this - I'm so glad you took the time to share this! What is SLT without a dive spot? Thread has been bookmarked.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wow! I completely forgot about this thread on this forum haha! I have to update the front page!!

Karritz, thank you for letting me know about Barnacle Bay! I don't own this world (or Lunar Lakes) so I've been waiting (hoping?) someone would try this out in their world and post about it so I can update the front page! Thank you so much! :D

Jillyson, you are more than welcome! I love that it completely opens up more of the game for us all! When I'd figured it out properly and I was able to consistently get it working every time without problems, I had to share it! I'm getting so much more out of my game now, and it's only right that others should too I think :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'll try to check LL out if no one else does in the meantime. It probably won't be until next weekend for me though. I have a feeling I read somewhere that LL isn't suitable for diving though.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    I'll try to check LL out if no one else does in the meantime. It probably won't be until next weekend for me though. I have a feeling I read somewhere that LL isn't suitable for diving though.

Thank you. If you could that would be a great help! There is absolutely no rush at all, whenever you have the time or feel like trying is a great help! I had read that other Worlds weren't suitable for this, but people have reported success when using my method lol. So there could be a chance.

Thank you so much though if you are able to. If you aren't or you don't want to, that is also fine lol. :D