Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

◄Has This Ever Happened To You In The Game?!►

when im playing the game and if it happens to be on fast mode trying to get the sim to hurry up, the sim just stops and looks directly at me. and when your in front of the game and the sims turns and stares at you its down right creepy..

I don't know if its a glitch or not, but feels like they are watching you. its like "so you are the one controlling my every mood!" and then they continue on like nothing has happened.

has anything like that happened to you? if so, isn't it creepy? I wonder why my sim does that....

Comments

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2013
    It doesn't happen too often. TS2 sims used to break the 4rth dimension a lot more.
  • Options
    WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    edited July 2013
    This used to happen quite frequently in TS2. It was one of my favorite things about the game. I didn't know it happened sometimes in TS3 now. Never noticed this and I've been playing for a while. Maybe it came with a new update? Now I have to go play and check... I'll be ecstatic if this is true.
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • Options
    SimsSimmerie3333SimsSimmerie3333 Posts: 1,008 New Member
    edited July 2013
    meant move not mood. lol

I never seen this happen in sims 2. but in sims 3 it has happened twice.

they go about and stop and stare at you and then they continue what you are asking of them. when it happens again I have to take a pic of it. its quite creepy...

• Options
    Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited July 2013
    Never had this happen that often in TS3 but in TS2 my sims would stare up at the camera whenever they had nothing to do. What I do find creepy in TS3 is when your sims has their gaze set to a certain object and you move them with 'moveobjects on' their heads will turn to that object wherever you move them. :P

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    you mean they move the object with their minds or they move to the object after you move it yourself?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    oh you mean they follow the item when you select move objects.. ya that's creepy.. lol

of all the creepy stuff that happens in the game. we should video it... make a great Halloween horror sims movie...
  • Options
    Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, when I move the sim it´s head will still turn to that specific object. :P
    A horror video of sims shouldt be too hard to get together. :wink:

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited July 2013
    my Sims in TS3 do this to at first it really freaked me out to have them suddenly turn and look at me but now its less creepy LOL.
  • Options
    alexmb1008alexmb1008 Posts: 15
    edited July 2013
    Nothing like this has ever happened to me, not even in TS2. I would probably freak out.
  • Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sometimes they move their head while its paused.

That happened to me with this set of pictures:
    Screenshot-55-2.jpg
    Screenshot-56-1.jpg

I was pretty creeped out tbh
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sims are programmed to do this by the developers (break the 4th wall). It is called eye-tracking and they are programmed to track another Sim's eyes as well as the main User-Interface camera eye (you). Of course they are not sentient beings so are not aware of you as a person, but the UI control will sometimes "advertise" to them and so they will often look up at it. It's eerie, but a fun built-in feature of the game.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited July 2013
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Sims are programmed to do this by the developers (break the 4th wall). It is called eye-tracking and they are programmed to track another Sim's eyes as well as the main User-Interface camera eye (you). Of course they are not sentient beings so are not aware of you as a person, but the UI control will sometimes "advertise" to them and so they will often look up at it. It's eerie, but a fun built-in feature of the game.

Interesting, but I still get the feeling that Samara from "The Ring" is masquerading as one of my simmies and biding her time until she can crawl out and kill me! :shock: :lol:
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited July 2013
    This has happened to me plenty of times.

One time, I paused the game to check on the other Sims in a household, and the Sim I was controlling looked over at me while he was flirting with his husband, which led to his expression:

10d7eq9.jpg

And then there's this sort of situation:

bi2y5w.jpg

Another thing that can happen, though much more rarely, is when you pause the game at the right time, and everything about a Sim freezes...but their head keeps moving back and forth erratically. :shock:
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    EivindbroenEivindbroen Posts: 223 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh god i have so many memories of this! I'm just casually zooming in on my sims because it feels so much different, it's something i do all the time. When i got SN and played with my horrifying witch she suddenly looked at me like: :shock: with a creepy smile, i could not breathe because it was a late night, maybe 2 am when my parents was asleep.
  • Options
    brightpawbrightpaw Posts: 233
    edited July 2013
    I'm officially creeped-out now. Thanks guys! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    when my sim looked at me, it has the ring movie feeling... or the shinning movie feeling... redrum.. creepy..

@rednenemon

what is that red stuff on the door behind the couple kissing on the couch? looks like blood? and their is a red line on the blonde guys head on the couch?

the first pic of the guy with the "hehehe" look was creepy..

back to the topic. I never heard of a 4th dimension in sims before or a 4th dimension... I think the game gets weird if the computer cant keep up with the human and gets weird...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    sorry bright paw... :(

• Options
    edited July 2013
    @Hallonsaft11

making a horror movie might be fun. but how do we make a movie from pictures? oh, a haunted slideshow picture movie? with music in the background...?
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited July 2013
    @rednenemon

what is that red stuff on the door behind the couple kissing on the couch? looks like blood? and their is a red line on the blonde guys head on the couch?

At one point, the guy on the right (the one in the brown jacket), he became a fairy, and his wings are the "Majestic Monarch" type colored a dark red. Those are actually his wings sticking out from his back.

That red line in the other guy's hair, also from the wings, I'm not sure why it does that.

Yes, his wings do look blood-colored. Come to think of it, that might have been what I intended.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Darkling wrote:
    Interesting, but I still get the feeling that Samara from "The Ring" is masquerading as one of my simmies and biding her time until she can crawl out and kill me! :shock: :lol:

Be afraid of what lives under Sim childrens' beds....be VERY afraid! :twisted:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ...back to the topic. I never heard of a 4th dimension in sims before or a 4th dimension... I think the game gets weird if the computer cant keep up with the human and gets weird...

Not a 4th dimension, but a 4th WALL. Breaking the 4th wall is a theater term. A theater stage has three walls (back, and two sides) and the 4th wall, which is presumed to be there, is invisible of course, and is actually the audience. The actors on stage or on a movie set are normally never supposed to look at the camera or audience, but when they do, it's called "breaking the 4th wall" because they are seemingly aware that someone is watching them outside of the little world in which they are performing.
  • Options
    aleyna06aleyna06 Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    This never happened to me... Now I want it too! Lol it just seems creepy and funny. :P
  • Options
    PunkiMommaBearPunkiMommaBear Posts: 77
    edited July 2013
    Remember in the TS1 they constantly broke the 4th wall? Whenever they needed something... And TS2 they did it occasionally. I've only seen it once or twice in TS3
  • Options
    yoursharona34yoursharona34 Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited July 2013
    070313-2255e.jpg?w=1024
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    sorry for the late replies. thanks for the info...