Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else thinks the MultiTab 6000 is one of the coolest things in the store?

I bought this store item a couple of months ago and it's great. Probably the most useful thing I've gotten from the store yet. It can teach you a skill while you are learning another skill, kids can do their homework faster. You can read any book in your Sim's household and order new books from the device itself. And you can play games on it. And it's cheap enough in game that I buy one for every Sim I have.

Anyone else like it? I wonder if there are mods that add more Tabcasts to it.

Comments

• Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited July 2013
    It's definitely the most useful item in the store.
  • Options
    RadSimGirlRadSimGirl Posts: 138 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Yup, I'm a huge fan of it too! I didn't know the kids could do homework on it though, so thanks for that :lol:
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited July 2013
    I like the multitab too. My sims use it a lot while at Uni. It's great for learning skills. It's the best premium content they have in the store, IMO.
  • Options
    EyeofShaktiEyeofShakti Posts: 304 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love multitab item. It convenient!
    25up6pu.jpg
  • Options
    vgaddiction2259vgaddiction2259 Posts: 506
    edited July 2013
    No love for the Not So Routine Machine?
  • Options
    NewYork7NewYork7 Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2013

Love it too :-)

I use it a lot and buy one for most of my sims, unless I really want to make learning skills hard for them :twisted:
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love it too :) Sometimes I completely forget about tabcasts, and then suddenly I get a notice that one of my sims has reached level x on some skill they've not been doing anything for! So I think they just listened to a tabcast autonomously.

And I love it how doing homework is fast and fun. Also, at the university, I've found it very useful, if I want my sim to work hard in class and she has more than one class that day. I just make her play online social games before she goes to her first class, so her fun meter is full. Then, when she works hard, the meter drops. Right after the class I make her play again, and once she goes to her second class, she again has a full fun meter, and she can work hard again :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    West_WindsWest_Winds Posts: 305 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm happy to see how many fans the Multitab has :) It really is the best download from the store. I wish I had one in real life. Hehe.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love it too! Twallan has a mod called Once Read that has a extension to allow for all the skills to be implemented as tabcasts, even hidden ones.
  • Options
    MarLee67MarLee67 Posts: 217 Member
    edited July 2013
    All of my sims get one. It's the best premium item I ever purchased. IMHO
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited July 2013
    I do like the multitab, if only sims could listen to tabcast while taking a shower/bath, sleeping or during work/school just like doing activites. Also if only sims not try to listen on a different tabcast to learn a new skill on their own.
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would love the Multitab if it worked completely in my game. Tab casts have never worked for me, they go to put in the ear piece and then they take it back out and the action cancels itself. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it numerous times and it never fixed it. But it is handy to use to buy books, my sims don't have to go to the bookstore.
  • Options
    neptunesring8neptunesring8 Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love the multitab! I have one sim who constantly uses it for homework and to learn about fishing. I like being able to easily purchase books on it too.
  • Options
    AHeitlerAHeitler Posts: 123 New Member
    edited July 2013
    The multitab is wonderful. My sims tend to go a little crazy after a while and learn random skills from it, which I think is great.

"Ok, didn't know you knew anything about nectarology."

Sim looks smug.
  • Options
    SVTonySVTony Posts: 243 New Member
    edited July 2013
    kmsim15 wrote:
    I would love the Multitab if it worked completely in my game. Tab casts have never worked for me, they go to put in the ear piece and then they take it back out and the action cancels itself. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it numerous times and it never fixed it. But it is handy to use to buy books, my sims don't have to go to the bookstore.

I used to have the same problem until I downloaded the ccmerged.package from the following page: http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items/ (Scroll down the page).

Put it in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup folder (it replaces the older one). This should make all your premium content work fine.
  • Options
    EivindbroenEivindbroen Posts: 223 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I love it! I overuse it all the time, my firefighter was level 10 in 3 days :D
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love it, but there's always one sim in the house that hogs it up, so I always have to buy one for each sim. Even then I have to quickly get it in their inventories, or that same sim will hoard them all!

My favorite feature is that they can shop for books on it. Very handy for sims with full busy lives. I wouldn't mind if EA updated it so they could also shop for groceries, elixers, pet shop or consignment items.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited July 2013
    ldmarko wrote:
    My favorite feature is that they can shop for books on it. Very handy for sims with full busy lives. I wouldn't mind if EA updated it so they could also shop for groceries, elixers, pet shop or consignment items.

Simazon.Com? :)
  • Options
    SimsFan619SimsFan619 Posts: 1,320
    edited July 2013
    The MultiTab 6000 is my favorite premium content item from the ones that I own. It's really useful for adult sims as well as for the child sims. I love that my sim can exercise, cook, etc. and learn a new skill at the same time. I highly recommend it! :D
  • Options
    prettyminotaurprettyminotaur Posts: 262 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Makes the game too easy, IMHO. I'm not a fan!
  • Options
    Misschrissi10Misschrissi10 Posts: 124 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I LOVE the MultiTab 6000. Its the 1st thing I buy my sims whenever i start a new game.
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited July 2013
    SVTony wrote:
    kmsim15 wrote:

I used to have the same problem until I downloaded the ccmerged.package from the following page: http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items/ (Scroll down the page).

Put it in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup folder (it replaces the older one). This should make all your premium content work fine.

Thank you for the help, I had went through and fixed my ccmerged file before, but I will try just replacing the file with the one provided on the web page. If that works I will be so happy!