Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Birthday Sets? Hoping they are still doing this...

Opps I had accidentally put this in GD before I moved it here. :oops:

I had heard about this set (though you could get it only once)...I've not received it. I was told last year to be patient, well, it didn't come, and this year looks like a "no" as well. Either way my birthday is soon(July 5), and just wondering about it. Because these balloons are the best for simmies birthday paries. I signed up for the Sims 3 (and now Sims 4) community quite awhile ago well before my birthday on previous years.

thumbnail128x128.jpg

Comments

• smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited July 2013
    I believe they stopped this and replaced it with giving out discount codes to origin instead.. I never received this from EA though.
  • SimbolicSimbolic Posts: 925 Member
    edited July 2013
    My birthday was a month ago & I didn't get the code for the birthday set or a discount code for Origin (which wouldn't be much use to me anyway) so I think, like many of us you will probably get nothing.

Sorry - I'd have liked to get that set myself. :cry:
  • NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited July 2013
    aye id have loved to have it too. I signed up in 09 i think it was, never recieved anything for birthdays :(

*edit* oh wait no i signed up in 2010 apparently :lol:
  • Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited July 2013
    Some people reportedly got this set code more than once..
    It could be shared too.

I wish I could find one simmer who doesn't need it anymore :)
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited July 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:
    Some people reportedly got this set code more than once..
    It could be shared too.

I wish I could find one simmer who doesn't need it anymore :)

me too :( I've been signed up for years and never got anything, I'd love to have those balloons
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited July 2013
    Same here...
    I've been registered sice 2009, have all emails/contact allowed, and never received the birthday code or origin code. My birthday is the 5th maybe I'll get it this Friday. **fingers crossed**
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I too have been here since '09 with all the right permissions etc and never received anything for my birthday. Maybe this year will be the year. My birthday is in October and its the big 3-0 so hopefully I will get this cute set, I really want it :)
    WznfzGr.gif
  • SimsFan619SimsFan619 Posts: 1,320
    edited July 2013
    My birthday was last month and I didn't get this set or a discount code from Origin. It's too bad because I would have liked to have received this set.
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Member since Sims 1 and only randomly rec'd discounts codes from S3.(I think it was $5 off of a minimum purchase of $40 or more.)

I really hope they make this available as a free set to everyone now that they've announced S4. There's no reason not to, and everyone would love them.
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited July 2013
    Member since Sims 1 and only randomly rec'd discounts codes from S3.(I think it was $5 off of a minimum purchase of $40 or more.)

I really hope they make this available as a free set to everyone now that they've announced S4. There's no reason not to, and everyone would love them.

yeah, this would be the right thing to do. let us all have it, I mean we all have birthdays after all.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't know why they don't just make this set available in the Holidays and Gifts section of the store... :|
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited July 2013
    Opps I had accidentally put this in GD before I moved it here. :oops:

I had heard about this set (though you could get it only once)...I've not received it. I was told last year to be patient, well, it didn't come, and this year looks like a "no" as well. Either way my birthday is soon(July 5), and just wondering about it. Because these balloons are the best for simmies birthday paries. I signed up for the Sims 3 (and now Sims 4) community quite awhile ago well before my birthday on previous years.

thumbnail128x128.jpg

My birthday is July 6. I always check my e-mail account in case I have received the birthday set, but I don't think I ever will:-/ I really want the cute teddybear, so I wish they would give us the set at least before everyone moves on to Sims 4.

• murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    Simbolic wrote:
    My birthday was a month ago & I didn't get the code for the birthday set or a discount code for Origin (which wouldn't be much use to me anyway) so I think, like many of us you will probably get nothing.

Sorry - I'd have liked to get that set myself. :cry:

I didn't get a daggone thing, either. :x
  • MyrrhawaMyrrhawa Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2013
    I never received the set either :(
    tumblr_nt1u2tH5cj1sicac5o1_500.gif
  • SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited July 2013
    Been a member since June 16 2009 and never received birthday set.
    I did receive a % off coupon one year IF I bought something....

HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited July 2013
    Ah, I want those cute cupcake balloons so badly! The Teddybear too... EA, please bring this back, it would be such a nice thing to get on ones birthday.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have been registered since 09 and have never received this either. I am also still waiting for my BB download code along with the code for the costume set for pre-ordering IP, but that's a whole other story! :evil:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have been registered since 2009 also.... NO birthday sets for me!