Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IP Caw Version 1.18.46 Up! Discussion & Troubleshooting Thread

2...Next

Comments

• aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you so much everyone for figuring this out and posting all this information.
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited June 2013
    Jollister wrote:
    I opened buydebug and there it is!
    It's called Gangway Style.

:lol::lol: Gee I wonder where they got the name LOL >_>

I also wanna say thanks to you guys for all the work figuring stuff out. =]
  • JollisterJollister Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    I am having trouble attaching the gangway to my dock. It keeps telling me "Must be placed at dock height above sea level" It is above sea level! Did either of you have this issue?

Edit: Derp. All I had to do was start building the dock from the ocean in, not from the land into the ocean. :oops:
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited June 2013
    Jollister wrote:

Edit: Derp. All I had to do was start building the dock from the ocean in, not from the land into the ocean. :oops:

I'm glad you posted that. You probably saved me 30 min of derping around. :lol:
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2013
    So we cant just add houseboats to other worlds? They have to be placed in CAW? Im confused :-/
    edited June 2013
    happyjme, no need to use CAW to place houseboats in other worlds, this is so we can include houseboats in our CAW builds :)

to add:
    SimGuruSemedi has posted a guide to placing houseboats in worlds AND in CAW and it looks like he will be adding more info:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/690014.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2013
    Great detective work everyone!!! :D
    edited June 2013
    Ok, so I'm having a really hard time getting the house boat lot to actually appear on the hull that the gangway creates.

I did exactly what SimRealtor said and I can't get them to attach. I'm unable to do much editing of the boat lot because of how they're located outside of the world boundaries.

Also, I deleted the gangway after placing the hull and now I have an empty hull stuck in my world that I can't seem to get rid of. It showed up in my global layer and says I have to remove it via EIG but I can't seem to grab it with MOO or use the sledgehammer.

Frustration! :evil:

I really wish Graham would add the part about CAW.
    edited June 2013
    aminovas,
    Thank you for that link! I'll start updating the first thread with everyone's information. I kind of stopped testing, and started playing Isla Paradiso. :lol:

Jollister,
    You can clean the global layer to get rid of it. Here's a tut by Simsample: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=473791

You can skip the nasty bit with the hex editor if you still have a copy or backup of the world without the hull in it. You can just drop in the pre-global layer. Read the second post by Sweet Mystre, who is Rflong7 on this forum.

Or

You can use s3pe to splice in the resources simsample provided in post #9.
    edited June 2013
    Auntielynds! You're a world-saver! (as well as Simsample) :D
    I knew I should have made a test world to fiddle around with stuff. Lesson learned! :oops:
    edited June 2013
    Another link!

This one on how to make hidden islands in game... but it doesn't look like setting up the whole unlocking process is figured out yet, but having the hidden island lot marker will spawn the fog effect in the world.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=506296

edited June 2013
    Thanks Aminovas!

Monsoon over at MTS has figured out how to place the house boats in CAW!
    Monsoon: "Okay, I know how to add houseboats in CAW. You need to add them using the new button, add houseboat lot, then when you are in Edit in Game, edit the port lot, Shift+Ctrl on the gangway and then select "DEBUG Create and dock houseboat" and then Shift+Ctrl on the hull and "DEBUG Set houseboat lot" and select it! Et voila."

Here is the link to the thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=495190&c=1&ht=&page=100&pp=25#startcomment

This may have been what SimRealtor said, but I just didn't understand. xD
    edited June 2013
    Great tut finds!

I've updated the first post in this thread with all the links we have so far. If anyone finds new ones, let us know. :D

Island Paradise Tuts

Sims BR's Tutorial: How to Place Diving Spots in Other Worlds by mcrudd EA IP Forum
    Guide to Houseboats in game & in CAW by SimGuruSemedi EA IP Forum
    IP Caw Version 1.18.46 Up! Discussion & Troubleshooting Thread by the Community EA Caw Forum
    Quick Stilted Foundation Guide to Fitting Lots onto Water by Joolster EA Creative Corner Forum
    Tutorial: How to Make Hidden Islands by nikel23 @ MTS
    The Sims 3 Island Paradise Fog Emitter Codes @ Sims Globe
    How to set House Boats in Caw by Monsoon @ MTS
    edited June 2013
    OK, I have been doing some investigations into dive lot building placement and posting over in the Island Paradise forums. Here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/689285.page
    Probably boring them to tears with it, so I won't reiterate again here except this one key piece that I haven't figured out yet:
    aminovas wrote:
    Regular lots that are partially in/out of the water (docks, beaches, islands) use the WATER LEVEL to guide placement pretty consistently in my tests. Dive lots use the ocean floor. You can correct for this when placing a lot by either having controlfloorelevation on or off (if it doesn't place the way you want it to with one, bulldoze the lot and replace it from world editor, turn on cfe, place again). I'm having no problem using that trick to get dive lots placing where I want them to in relationship to the surrounding sea floor elevation. What isn't working now is the relationship to water height... not distance between the sea floor of my lot and the water height, but the water height as calculated by the game as the playable water surface. I sometimes have to lower the ocean floor of my dive lot in order to place the dive buoy on the surface of the water, otherwise it may be just floating in air... something we can fix by tweaking in our own games, but if we are set on importing a specific dive lot (or building one for export) this is really tricky. I would LOVE to know if there is a cheat to reset where the playable surface is. Or maybe this is a glitch?

In some instances the lot placed correctly in relationship to the playable water surface/where the dive buoy sits. In some cases it did not: (note floating sims, boat, dive buoy)
    94bm.jpg

Ideas???

Edit to add: I've also explicated the problem here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/692327.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2013
    Shanna1986 wrote:

I'm wondering about the version number though. When I go to install it says I have version 1.19 and this new one is 1.18. That's what it's supposed to be?

They've done this before. Gone down, then back up. So, yes we're going from University Patch # 1.19.4 to Island Paradise Patch # 1.18.46.

Wow that sure did confuse me. I must have tried to get CAW on the first day they released the new version and tried to install but it kept telling me that I had a newer version (based on version numbering) so I didn't want to uninstall what I already had to install an "older" version.

Glad that I found this topic as well as the live streamer over on twitch that told me the new version was out and what version number it is.

Now back to editing my world, removing old smaller lots to make way for some of the larger buildings that have been put out since 2010.
  • zombie615zombie615 Posts: 10
    edited March 2014
    Has anyone found out how to put Island Paradise into the CAW so we can edit the town?

I ask this because the town is super laggy an just unplayable. I'd rather just take it to CAW an delete all the lots an redo them myself.
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2014
    zombie615 wrote:
    Has anyone found out how to put Island Paradise into the CAW so we can edit the town?

I ask this because the town is super laggy an just unplayable. I'd rather just take it to CAW an delete all the lots an redo them myself.
    It's a tricky process that I haven't quite figured out fully for myself, but some of the Simmers over at ModsTheSims seem to have a system that works for them. It's definitely not for the faint of heart, but here's the link in case you want to try it:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469942

*EDIT: Just wanted to add that this isn't specifically for Isla Paradiso, but just premade Worlds in general. If you want to edit Isla Paradiso, you'll need to find the .world file in Program Files-->TS3 Island Paradise-->GameData-->Shared-->NonPackaged-->Worlds. Make sure you back up everything though, before you begin! It never hurts to be prepared.
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)