Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims BR's tutorial how to place diving spots in other worlds translated to english ;)

Comments

• midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited June 2013
    I must try this and thanku :)
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well all I finally got my game. I was very happy when I made a lot in sunlit tides and it worked, but then I thought of retrying it after returning to the main menu, and now it no longer works, so I think for diving I will just play in Island Paradiso until EA gives us something official, I tried and tried in vain and just could not get it to work again, its a pitty though had fun playing with it, look at my pics when it did work the first time round

Screenshot-12_zps589768aa.jpg

Screenshot-11_zpsb35916ce.jpg

Screenshot-9_zps6696a29c.jpg

Screenshot-10_zpsee54d406.jpg
  • AldeaAldea Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2013
    Just finished. Thankyou! The hard part was coming up for a good name of the dive lot! Coral Reef..? #NoImagination #LackofCreativity
  • HalalloverHalallover Posts: 124 Member
    edited June 2013
    Anyone success with Barnacle Bay? Anyone able make dive Barnacle Bay?
    2dihvli.png
  • Titanic1Titanic1 Posts: 95 Member
    edited June 2013
    well we can make dive lots but not use them mot even in the town that came with island paradise. so it seems we not allowed to make our own worlds if he want dive lots :(

UPDATE:
    I got a divve lot made. used this tutorial;
    http://simsvip.com/2013/06/25/moving-placing-dive-spots-in-other-worlds/#respond-sys.

Then after step 8 flatten the lot and you will be able to go under the water level however it seems we can't use pre made dive lots. i made my own (or well just threw in a rock) and it worked. my sim was able to dive on that lot. Well make a few more before declairing this a way to make dive lots in a town i will make. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    edited June 2013
    Anyone success with Barnacle Bay? Anyone able make dive Barnacle Bay?

Yes. But I haven't tried to dive on it yet.
    edited June 2013
    I am going to give this another go. I read somewhere that sims don't swim over spawners, and I used quite a few of them, so perhaps that is where I went wrong, will keep you guys updated on whether I manage this time or not.
  • klsypam28klsypam28 Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm having this same issue with Kirajmp, I exported the 4 lots from IP and placed them in Barnacle Bay. Even though the flag bouy is way up above the water, I was still able to dive when i clicked on the water directly below the bouy but when I try to zoom out to get a bigger view of the lot the camera ends up out of the water. However if I click on the bouy up in the air and select the dive here option, I get skipped over to the nearest land and the action is cancelled out. I desperately want dive lots in BB as it's my favorite world. Anyone have any ideas?
    edited June 2013
    ok I am still busy testing, but it must be a good thing if there is a local townie diving in my made lot in sunlit tides, looks like spawners might have been the problem, will keep you all updated :wink:
    edited June 2013
    Good news everyone my Diving lot in Sunlit tides is working perfectly.

I did not place any spawners or sea grass, I will now start adding and testing those things and see which one is it that is not playing nice.

Here is where I placed my lot in sunlit tides,I looked for the darkest water I could find and also used a smaller lot since bigger ones don't fit in there.

Capture_zps0f51ea4c.jpg

I was very suprised to see a townie diving in my just made diving area

Screenshot-2_zpsc8b583f4.jpg

Even my cave worked properly

Screenshot-3_zps4064ed2d.jpg
    edited June 2013
    I added as much grass as I possibly could and then dived, there was two other townies so its deffinetly not the grass

Screenshot-4_zps06a5d28a.jpg

edited to add : I do also never test my lot while testingcheats is enabled, I always disable it before going into life mode, if that might have anything to do with my current success. I am going to try a spawner now :wink:
  • fungamer2fungamer2 Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2013
    I added my dive lot to sunlit tides and had all the grass and spawners. I was able to dive and I had townies show up to dive also. My only problem is that when my SIM dived he was " floating" on top of the water and it was hard to see him and what he was doing. Maybe I should change the dive location??? Maybe the spot I chose was not deep enough?
    edited June 2013
    Ok, I have no idea why, but it worked perfectly, I only used four spawners: sharks underwater, sharks surface, sealife high 1 and sealife high 2. I am happy with this, will try it again with a bigger lot. This time I will just let you guys know whether it works or not, I won't do this step by step update like I just did :wink:

Screenshot-7_zpsf533cf12.jpg

Screenshot-8_zps0b446871.jpg

Screenshot-6_zpsb9640073.jpg

Screenshot-5_zpsc518683a.jpg

edited June 2013
    fungamer2 wrote:
    I added my dive lot to sunlit tides and had all the grass and spawners. I was able to dive and I had townies show up to dive also. My only problem is that when my SIM dived he was " floating" on top of the water and it was hard to see him and what he was doing. Maybe I should change the dive location??? Maybe the spot I chose was not deep enough?

Yes I think that is why I had troubles with my first one because not the whole lot was in dark blue waters, the tutorial does say it has to be the darkest water possible, I am so happy my lot is working now :wink:
    edited June 2013
    Ugh so frustrated, the small lot works perfectly, but my big lot does not, so it looks like I will be making smaller lots for diving, well atleast they work :wink:
  • Titanic1Titanic1 Posts: 95 Member
    edited June 2013
    mcrudd wrote:
    Ugh so frustrated, the small lot works perfectly, but my big lot does not, so it looks like I will be making smaller lots for diving, well atleast they work :wink:

you should be able to make big (64x64)lots. i made 2 of my own. i follow tis
    http://simsvip.com/2013/06/25/moving-placing-dive-spots-in-other-worlds/#respond-sys.

downside is in order for it to work (any dive lot i think) you must save and go back to maine menu then back to the town b4 adding stuff to the dive lot so it seems we can not make dive lots 100% while in CAW, maybe place the lot but not add stuff. usinf the pre-made lots does not seem to work.
  • AntonouzaAntonouza Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2013
    caiobueno2304 has upload a tutorial in forum OSBR.
    Images here:

Sims would not dive, swim, or boat thereon on the lot:

eizg.jpg

v68r.jpg

- - -

Tks mcrudd , for your colaboration! :wink:
    edited June 2013
    Thanks both of you, I will try again once I played the game for a while, I have not even tested lifeguards or resorts yet LOL just been trying to build diving spots hahahaha

Antonouza would you mind linking me to that page please :wink:
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited June 2013
    hi everyone, thanks so much for this awesome thread... And to IronBoatLee for his thread as well.

I have just been experimenting with building in IP, too! well, thats not true, I took a sim 3/4 of the way up the diving skill and have been exploring dive lots. But the new build features are so amazing I just can't stop building...

I really wanted to recreate a blue hole:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_hole

So I put down a dive lot here (pics below) in a fresh game in Sunlit Tides and built it as I wanted... It worked really really well and was going to polish it up and export the lot to other worlds...

8zo.png

My sims could route to it and lots of other sims were routing to it... they could drive their boats to the side of the ring or into the center. Here is a mermaid that showed up and autonomously started interacting with my sim. They would do this both at the deep bottom of the dive hole and very near the surface as well. The hole was really deep and it looked so beautiful how they would dive down the walls. There was a cave half way up that I was going to have route to another dive spot where the water flows out of the lagoon and a dive chest on the bottom where they swam through an arch to get to it. Awesome.

8yt1.jpg

u2ie.jpg

There was only one glitch/restriction I noticed and that was that, like levels of a floor, what is below the surface of the water doesn't show up from above, so they would be diving just right there in the shallows with no problem, but not be visible. Only very very close to the surface there were a couple of instances of sims disappearing and once I had to reset this sim:

81m8.jpg

But obviously by having some surface exposed above water I was really pushing my luck! So this seems pretty reasonable in terms of functioning to me.

BUT when I saved it to the bin and tried to place it in a new game, this is what I ran into:

s863.png

v6nu.png

The same lot placed in the same location in two different games. By having the constrainfloorelevation false cheat entered as well as enablelotlocking I was able to get the lot back looking like this:

veae.jpg

BUT I couldn't get beneath the surface at all. I saved, quit out, and then reloaded the game and I still couldn't edit below the surface.

Edit to add: I just got it to work: when I placed the lot it reset to a "no visitors allowed" and all I had to do was change it to dive lot again, save, and quit the game. AND then BEFORE I loaded up the game again, I entered all the cheats again in the main menu (testingcheatsenabled true, enablelotlocking, constrainfloorelevation false). If you don't set enablelotlocking the dive lot may reset to no visitors allowed. Here are my simplified steps that are working for me: (Edited because I forgot about locking the lot):

To build dive lot:
    1. enter: testingcheatsenabled true; enablelotlockingtrue; buydebug
    2. place empty lot, designate as dive area. (can be placed on shallow or deep water, and can even have exposed terrain when you edit it but sims will disappear above the water level and may cause routing glitches. It may not be easy to see sims in shallow water due to camera angle, but they don't necessarily glitch in shallow water).
    3. build lot, place buydebug objects if you want... dive buoy in my experience not necessary, I've had a dive lot work with it and one work without it (I simply forgot to place it and sims still autonomously routed/dove at the lot)
    4. save to bin

To place lot in a new world or new game or new location:
    1. enter: testingcheatsenabled true; enablelotlocking true; buydebug
    2. place empty lot, designate as dive area.
    3. enter: constrainfloorelevation false. place lot from bin. important --> look at what the lot is designated as: chances are it has been reset to "no visitors allowed". change it back to "dive area", then "lock" the lot by clicking the lock.
    4. save and quit.
    5. start The Sims 3. important --> if you DID NOT lock the lot, in main menu, enter: testingcheatsenabled true; enablelotlockingtrue (if you did not lock the lot before you saved and you DON'T enter this, your dive lot will not longer be a dive lot)
    6. load game. save the game. It should now be playable, and you shouldn't need to enter these cheats again until you want to edit it/unlock it.

Troubleshooting ideas: If you can't get below the surface of the water when in build/buy mode, check to make sure the lot hasn't reset to something other than a dive lot. if it has, you have to change it back, make sure the lot is locked and quit out or, if you forgot to lock it make sure enablelotlocking true is entered BEFORE reloading the game. For shallow dives, if you can't see your sims, you may simply need to really tilt the camera angle upwards as much as possible.

There seems to be A LOT of differences in how this is working out in our respective games. I had lots of different results when I thought I was being consistent (but apparently I was forgetting steps).

I really like how the new patch makes it possible to build islands (not dive lots) and then move them to different places/different worlds where the water level is different, and the place where the water hits the land remains the same for each location (no cheats needed). What is governing water level/depth placement of dive lots seems to be quite a bit different.. good thing we have cfe false!

(EDITS: grammar, and I forgot about the whole lot locking thing..)

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited June 2013
    thrilled this is working...
    cave halfway up.
    h42j.jpg
    en route to treasure chest:
    2ca9.jpg
    vq47.jpg
    I was really pushing the boundaries here to see what would work... The spawner located halfway up spawned fish that my sim couldn't route to. the spawner on the (very rugged) floor seems to spawn fish where my sim can get to them.
    q0zr.jpg
  • GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    edited June 2013
    How can I add sharks?
  • chelsearaeraechelsearaerae Posts: 12
    edited June 2013
    this is wonderful! thank you! the ONLY problem im having is i cant spray sand or any terrain. as soon as i click the terrain folder in build mode, the floor dissapears and everythings floating in a blue screen. any ideas? did i miss something maybe.
    edited June 2013
    Aminovas I can't help you sorry :( I also find that some lots work for me and some don't, I have no idea what is up with it, I used the same stuff in both lots. I hope you can get it sorted, love your updated dive, very very nice :)

Stosh117 you use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and then buydebug, in buydebug mode go to the fish spawners and there is two there, one is underwater sharks and one is surface sharks

chelsearaerae I find that if you zoom real close and go down all the floors then you are able to use the sprayers for sand and stuff

• sholomsholom Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2013
    It doesn't work. I tried it.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2013
    I created a small 40x40, level 1 dive lot with all types of spawners, the light rays and schools of minnows and the ocean floor fx from the fog emitters. My sims will go there and will dive:

Screenshot-2-7.jpg

Everything works:

Screenshot-3-9.jpg

My sim going to the dive lot, but starting to get airborne because even though I built it in SV, the lot still floats when I quit/save and reopen the game:

Screenshot-75.jpg

I see there have been replies on using CFE to fix the depths, but I don't want to mess with the floor of my dive lot because I don't have a straight floor in some spots, it's hills and valleys. So how would one use CFE anyway?
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.