Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I found the method to put diving areas in other map

Comments

• Vera_JVera_J Posts: 83 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Excellent! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited June 2013
    I just found out today that a dive lot I placed using just the EnableLotLocking true cheat and then edited (meaning I didn't save and then place a copy of an existing dive lot) is working great. The only issue I've encountered was that when I first placed the lot, the water was very opaque and terrain paints weren't showing up when I painted the sea floor. Today when I went back into that save game, the paint was there and the spawners I had placed were working fine. There were divers there from elsewhere. I didn't even place the dive lot marker buoy thing.

Thanks IronboatLee for posting this, I had no idea about the EnableLotLocking true cheat (new to sims, here).
  • RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    Ok, so I have a question.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change a dive lot into a residential lot and keep it underwater? I want to build my mermaid an underwater house and I want to know if this might be possible.

Anyone want to give it a try? Put in a couch and a bed and see if they can use it underwater and stuff? I'd also like to know if we can place walls underwater etc...

This would be AMAZING if it were possible. I'd build an underwater city and never leave HAHA! :mrgreen:
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    Also, can someone please explain to me the function of the cheat enablelotlocking true to me? I'm really struggling with it.

How do you use it? How would you "lock" a lot? How would you "Unlock" a lot? I'm very confused. :p

The instructions I'm looking at tell me to "Lock the lot in it's current state" I have no idea what that really means.

I've entered in the cheat successfully, I just don't know where to look to click to lock the lot or unlock it.

Thanks ahead of time! :D
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    edited June 2013
    I found a way to export diving areas from Isla Paradiso to other maps!
    Here are the steps:

There are 3 cheats to type using ctrl+shift+c

First cheat: TestingCheatsEnabled true
    Second Cheat: BuyDebug On
    Third Cheat: EnableLotLocking true

After these 3 cheats , you should be able to edit/move diving areas , also set a lot as diving areas. Then export a diving area, and open other map.
    export%2520diving%2520area.jpg

Put a 64x64 lot in the sea and choose lot type as diving area then put the exported one in it. It should show some mess like this picture. You don't need to level the terrain. But remember to check again lot type after you put diving area.
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-v6LKOUiN49Y/Ucknyu2KT5I/AAAAAAAAC_w/F0NlwQdTSI0/s1024/a%2520mess.jpg[/img]

Just ignore it , save and quit to main menu and reload the map. Then you should have a functional and normal diving area now, enjoy it! It's a diving area clearly in Sunset Valley.

normal%2520diving%2520area.jpg

By increasing your skills you can watch sharks under water
    watch%2520shark.jpg

Diving area in Lucky Palms
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-my-VhfKVtcE/Uck0aW6rkKI/AAAAAAAADBI/ddztwQLC6_I/s1024/Diving%2520Area%2520in%2520Lucky%2520Palms.jpg[/img]

Diving area in Sunlit Tides
    Diving%2520area%2520in%2520Sunlit%2520Tides.jpg

You, sir, are too amazing. This is an excellent find! Thank you very much.

Thanks to you, others will be able to enjoy their old towns with their old families without having to move to Isla Paradiso. :)
  • IronboatLeeIronboatLee Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2013
    Also, can someone please explain to me the function of the cheat enablelotlocking true to me? I'm really struggling with it.

How do you use it? How would you "lock" a lot? How would you "Unlock" a lot? I'm very confused. :p

The instructions I'm looking at tell me to "Lock the lot in it's current state" I have no idea what that really means.

I've entered in the cheat successfully, I just don't know where to look to click to lock the lot or unlock it.

Thanks ahead of time! :D

Unless they allow us to build a "underwater hideout" , it's nearly impossible.
    As a mermaid you can fulfill your food/water/happy basic needs underwater
    But you can't sleep underwater , the nearest way is nap on the sea
    Best way in this EP is living on a houseboat
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2013
    why did simmers think you couldn't put them in other worlds :?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited June 2013
    marcel21 wrote:
    why did simmers think you couldn't put them in other worlds :?

I believe that during one of the LBs, a Guru stated that the dive lots were exclusive to Isla Paradiso and that they wouldn't work in other worlds because the oceans weren't deep enough. *shrugs*
  • kirajmpkirajmp Posts: 385 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm having a problem with this method. I can place the dive lot just fine, and when I save and exit and reload, the dive lot looks the way it is supposed to, only the marker flag thing is floating way up in the air, and when I direct my sim who has max diving skill to scuba dive, the action just cancels out. I made her swim out to the dive area, and she will swim up to the edge of the lot, but not onto it. And yes, I double checked and the lot is set to 'diving area', and the option appears to 'scuba dive' there,only you can't get onto the lot. So I'm stumped. I'm trying to place it in a custom world, maybe that's the problem?
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you!!! This works! I placed mine in Sunlit Tides. Having trouble with Pearl's Deep, I've tried two more places but it's too late to load back in to see if they worked. But at least I have the first three lots and I just dove on the beginner one! No mermaids though, when in IP I met one right away. Either it was the random chance or there are no mersims populating my ST yet. *shrug* Oh and my lot edges were a bit steep, so that just depends where you place the lot. But it's not noticeable unless you're right at the edge,and who cares? There are drop-offs in the ocean! I'm happy I can dive!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited June 2013
    Can anyone tell me if placing these lots in other worlds is breaking CAW routing? It may not be a matter of whether it is POSSIBLE to place these lots, but whether placing them will break the game, causing increasing lag in a world.

Has anyone checked to see the long term results of such placement?

If you are going to be doing this, please save a pre-IP copy of your world in a safe place, prior to taking the risk, because it often takes a bit of time for broken routing to cause lags. And by the time you realize the world is toast, you have no option left but deleting the world. Nothing can fix it.

It is quite possible that the EP team simply will not take responsibility for the risk. The depth of those lots might just punch a hole in a world CAW map, if the world was not designed for that ocean depth. Some worlds might be able to handle it and some might not.

This is definitely a case of player beware. Have fun experimenting, but play it safe with your backups, first. :)
    edited June 2013
    kirajmp wrote:
    I'm having a problem with this method. I can place the dive lot just fine, and when I save and exit and reload, the dive lot looks the way it is supposed to, only the marker flag thing is floating way up in the air, and when I direct my sim who has max diving skill to scuba dive, the action just cancels out. I made her swim out to the dive area, and she will swim up to the edge of the lot, but not onto it. And yes, I double checked and the lot is set to 'diving area', and the option appears to 'scuba dive' there,only you can't get onto the lot. So I'm stumped. I'm trying to place it in a custom world, maybe that's the problem?

Maybe you should try another deeper water place(deep blue color)
  • fungamer2fungamer2 Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2013
    I was just wondering after you have the dive lot will the Kracken show up when you are above water?
    Or is that only specific to IP?
    I noticed when I played IP that I would see the Kracken swim by, but after I put a dive lot in Sunlit Tides, I haven't seen him.
    Just wondering :?:
  • XxNiqhtAc3xXXxNiqhtAc3xX Posts: 394 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Nvm ignore this post. The water isn't deep enough.

-M-

edited June 2013

this seems to be like@kirajmp's problem only my sim makes it there but ends up floating too (Even the houseboat will float!)

First try to reload the map let the game adjust it , make sure the lot type is diving area. If it's still the same , better find a deeper water/sea place.
  • XxNiqhtAc3xXXxNiqhtAc3xX Posts: 394 New Member
    edited June 2013

this seems to be like@kirajmp's problem only my sim makes it there but ends up floating too (Even the houseboat will float!)

First try to reload the map let the game adjust it , make sure the lot type is diving area. If it's still the same , better find a deeper water/sea place.

Thanks for the answer. That is the deepest place in the world I am using so I'll probably just use a different one.

-M-
  • RobbyngirlRobbyngirl Posts: 50 New Member
    edited June 2013
    What about houseboats and docks? Do they work as well
    edited June 2013
    Docks are easy to export and put , just make sure to adjust lot type again after you put the port in other worlds.

About houseboat there is my another post here :

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689902.page
    edited June 2013
    kirajmp wrote:

I found the problem in some worlds , like Barnacle Bay. And if you edit the lot you'll know the reason is the underwater ground level is too shallow. So you need to choose deeper place to put diving area (I think that's why Devs don't want us put diving areas in other maps). Or follow the steps of this tutorial.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689285.page

My method is easier way, and the list of succeeded map:

Sunlit Tides
    Sunset Valley
    Lucky Palms

The maps that may cause problem :
    Barnacle Bay

The maps that won't work:
    Twinbrooks

I'll update the list after I tried different worlds, and I hope simmers can reply your success/failure in other maps.
  • Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone been able to actually interact with the diving area i.e. not have it cancel immediately out of queue after placing it?

I can get the diving area placed in Sunset Valley, but anytime my Sims try to go near it their action queue completely cancels.
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone been able to actually interact with the diving area i.e. not have it cancel immediately out of queue after placing it?

I can get the diving area placed in Sunset Valley, but anytime my Sims try to go near it their action queue completely cancels.

I haven't meet the problem , maybe you should check again the lot type?
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited June 2013

I've had this problem, with the buoy floating in the air and everything. But I managed to solve it and here's how:

What you do is use the cheat 'constrainFloorElevation false'

Go into edit town mode

select the dive lot (unlock it if its locked), then click on build mode

click the 'flatten lot' button, it might take a few seconds.

This should flatten the whole lot. Click on the buoy and it should be able to be placed on the surface!

go back out to edit town mode, lock the lot, save & exit to main menu, go back, and it should be usable now :-)

• SimovitzSimovitz Posts: 57 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh, thank you, thank you very much, IronboatLee :D
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited June 2013
    GREAT Post I would like to play in Sunlit TIdes I like the houses there better. I would like to make diving sites in that world. Thanks for the info.
  • Guinness170903Guinness170903 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2013

I have this problem as well!! Everything worked fine, and it looks great but it's totally un useable!! Anybody got proof of theirs working?