Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashing since installation

Before I say anything about IP, I'll say this: I've never had any problems with Sims 3 before, I've never gotten an Error Code 12 etc. Ever since I installed the new game my game is crashing nonstop. In the past two days my game has just busted 5 times. I just exited out of the game while building a resort, I suddenly got the message that the Sims 3 had stopped working. My game also freezes every couple of seconds and resetSim * only worked the first time. I have a very good computer and I know that isn't the problem, everything else is running 100% fine so I have to say that it's the game. Anybody else have this problem/know any solutions? It's pretty irritating :evil:
My game always seems a little off right after I install a new EP :?

Comments

• DanielleMackenDanielleMacken Posts: 246 Member
    edited June 2013
    Mine, for a while, would close (not crash, just close). Today it crashed for the first time. :( And mine has never crashed either!
  • AmyKatNyaAmyKatNya Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Mine, for a while, would close (not crash, just close). Today it crashed for the first time. :( And mine has never crashed either!

That's too bad :(
    I'm not sure what caused it, I think mine was a little buggy especially after Late Night too, but this is the worst it has ever been. I really love the EP and it's a shame, unless it's just us for some weird reason :roll:
  • DanielleMackenDanielleMacken Posts: 246 Member
    edited June 2013
    Maybe, I've read a few other posts about their games crashing as well. Hopefully an update comes soon, and fixes it.
    edited June 2013
    Maybe, I've read a few other posts about their games crashing as well. Hopefully an update comes soon, and fixes it.

I'll have to go float around the forums then. I usually don't even have to save my game but now I have to save every five seconds :x
    Oh well, hopefully they will update it :)
  • KelsKels1989KelsKels1989 Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    I have been experiencing the same exact issue. I've been searching the internet for the past two days looking for a solution. I have even tried uninstalling and re-installing IP, but it will not work. I'm getting so frustrated. :( Any help would be appreciated!
  • KelsKels1989KelsKels1989 Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    AmyKatNya wrote:

I'll have to go float around the forums then. I usually don't even have to save my game but now I have to save every five seconds :x

If you find anything please share! :)
    edited June 2013
    AmyKatNya wrote:

Don't worry, I'll definitely update here if I see anything, I've been googling for a while and haven't seen much about IP so thought I'd try here :wink:
    edited June 2013
    AmyKatNya wrote:

I did find something, but it'll make you lose everything. You'll have all the EP/SP installed but it'll be like they are all brand new, which is pretty annoying. You move the Sims 3 folder in your documents to desktop and try playing (this worked for me). If it still doesn't work, try lowering the settings. Hope this helps :wink:
  • ccicioracciciora Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Wow, been having the same issue, I can't even get to live mode. As soon as I exit CAS and purchase a lot, I get the game stopped working message. I have a brand new laptop as well! I can't wait to play IP, but not sure what to do. I tried lowering screen resolution but got same message. Hope someone can help us all out.
  • pringtjoepringtjoe Posts: 496 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm so annoyed with this EP, it keeps crashing and lagging every 3 seconds and it is a great game too so i miss out massively :( my computer plays all the other games fine so its very frustrating
    edited June 2013
    cciciora wrote:
    Wow, been having the same issue, I can't even get to live mode. As soon as I exit CAS and purchase a lot, I get the game stopped working message. I have a brand new laptop as well! I can't wait to play IP, but not sure what to do. I tried lowering screen resolution but got same message. Hope someone can help us all out.

My laptop can't play the Sims at all, even the base game alone is super buggy and crashy. Now, my actual computer is really,really good (I can't tell you the exact model and etc. because it's my dad's computer, but he's a software engineer and bought it specifically for games, so I'm going off his word xD...) I didn't have the problem with CAS, for me it only crashes within 5 minutes of gameplay. The first time it crashed when playing the lifeguard career, second time scuba diving, and then it just kept crashing as soon as I moved in. Moving my Sims 3 file to desktop did work but unfortunately made me lose all my saves and resets all the lessons, which is pretty annoying to have to exit out of constantly. :evil:
    edited June 2013
    pringtjoe wrote:
    I'm so annoyed with this EP, it keeps crashing and lagging every 3 seconds and it is a great game too so i miss out massively :( my computer plays all the other games fine so its very frustrating

Yes, this was exactly my problem! My game sort of freezed for a second or two every minute or so, which was annoying but didn't make it unplayable, but after that it just progressively crashed worse and worse :cry:
    The only way I know to fix it is moving your Sims 3 file to desktop instead of documents, which helped me, but I'm not sure if it'll help others :? It does delete all of your store downloaded content, CC, saved files, and resets lessons though your games are all installed. Wish there was another way, hopefully EA does something about this, but not getting my hopes too high :roll:
  • brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm sorry that you're experiencing crashing issues. I don't even have a fancy gaming computer and not once have I ever had my game crash. It has freezed a few times, but I expect that being somewhat normal lol

I hope you get a solution soon! :)
  • RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    Your problem sounds really similar to mine. I hope we get everything fixed! I'm re-trying everything out on my laptop instead of my PC, my PC might have some issues.
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • pau_angeliikpau_angeliik Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same problem! I just hope they see that many of use are having problems and do something about it. Before I installed the EP IP, my game runned smooth and perfect and now it crashes. :(
  • KeoriKeori Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited June 2013
    well I to am having theses same problems everyone else is ! so im glad im not the only one
    edited June 2013
    Sadly it looks like something EA is just gonna have to patch. I'd be happy to wait longer for a problem-free EP than to have one quickly with lots of glitches :evil:
  • Samm3hSamm3h Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2013
    I only got my game yesterday and I wanted to make a new family for Isla Pardisio and I managed to make one sim, but when I got to the second sim it just slowed down and eventually crashed.
    I tried about 5 times, I deleted my cache files and all that and that didn't work. In the end I just lowered my graphic settings in the game and it seemed to fix it (except when I first played it today it crashed but then it was fine).
    I also find that when I forget to turn off my antivirus software the game will lag or it will crash or I get error 12 or 16.
    Anyway I hope you are able to sort out your crashing problems.
    If you just google sims 3 keeps crashing you may be able to find something that can help you out.
  • MalisityMalisity Posts: 145 Member
    edited June 2013
    Sounds just like my issue. I found that the game was spawning like 100 ice cream trucks in the town.
  • nkuhlwindnkuhlwind Posts: 94 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hmm-I had crashing problems but they seemed to stop after I changed my DEP setting to "turn on DEP for essential windows programs and services only" rather than individually listing each expansion pack and the base game. This may be risky but my crashing has stopped. My operating system is Windows Vista Business (32 bit). I also use Razer Game Booster to turn off all non essential programs before I play-it is a free program. I don't have a gaming computer-4 GB memory, nvidia GT 630, Athlon 64 x2 processor (3.1 Ghz) but I am running graphics at highest settings except trees which is set at 2nd highest setting.
  • NancyNancy Posts: 380 Member
    edited June 2013
    my game crashes about 2/3 times when I load it up in live mode. I get the same message saying the sims 3 has stopped working. On the 3rd time it will work, and can play for hours. I have a good spec laptop. It happened after patch 1.55 not the expansion pack
  • Sim_JuliaKSim_JuliaK Posts: 13
    edited June 2013
    My game has crashed/frozen every time I have tried to play it. I got as far as buying a house boast in my last game but as soon as I tried to move the boat to another place it just froze. I have had crashing issues with every EP but with each new EP they get worse. I have a fairly new MacBook Pro with really good graphics, so that shouldn't be the problem. After the last EP EA Games recommended uninstalling and doing a fresh install. I did this, but it hasn't solved all the issues. Now IP EP is worse than ever! So disappointing to spend all that money, and time reinstalling, only to not be able to play the game. EA should get their act together. They are happy to take our money but not to resolve any of the issues. :(
    edited June 2013
    Malisity wrote:
    Sounds just like my issue. I found that the game was spawning like 100 ice cream trucks in the town.

LOL! I think I'd find that hilarious and slowly get more and more enraged :mrgreen: