The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims can now move to a new Town using the Phone or Computer." So excited about this!

"Sims can now move to a new Town using the Phone or Computer." is now available from the new 1.55 update. Can I just say I am so excited about this! No more saving a family to the library, then starting again after moving them to a new town. I know it's "basically" the same, you still will have to start new relationships because it's a new town, but at least its a continuing game. When I used to copy to library it felt like I was starting anew. I wonder if you move two families that know each other to a new town, if their relationships will stay. I would assume they would.

So excited!

Comments

• JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    edited June 2013
    It'd be great if the steam version would let me update the sims to get these great additions to the game. :\
  • etherealwogetherealwog Posts: 1,272 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh man, that's to bad. The new update even allows for you to own a second home. It has a lot of great stuff, not to mention fixes of issues.
  • vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited June 2013
    The new move house function is good but the problem is all relationship will be gone..even within household.
  • taylor7878taylor7878 Posts: 151 Member
    edited June 2013
    I did use the option and move town as I wanted to try it out, now my sim had 5 kids before she left when she moved she only had 1 and that was the baby that moved with her, in her family tree she had no kids apart from the baby and no ex husbands when she had 2,

while I love the option I wish we could keep our family bk in another town and at leat still be conceted through phone calls or pc.

forgot to mention the kids where all adults she was a elder and had adopted the baby.
    edited June 2013
    Interesting. So it's just an easier way to move them than using the save copy. At least they did add it. Would have been nice to keep the relationships from other towns, like you do with WA friends.
  • drowningmermaiddrowningmermaid Posts: 365 New Member
    edited June 2013
    How long does the move take? I've played 3 sim days since choosing to move and nothing's happened but I can't save my game because they're "traveling" :/
  • ViresseViresse Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same problem with my family, it seems like they are moving (I get messages about how I can't edit the town, and they can't travel because they "are" travelling) but nothing happens :/
  • AmyWritesStuffAmyWritesStuff Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2013
    Same issue here. I'm at my wit's end with it.
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    edited June 2013
    Would be good if we could keep all relationship with previous town members and the game would treat them like the foreigners from WA.
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • natjadebabenatjadebabe Posts: 148 Member
    edited June 2013
    I reacently wanted to try out this new option in my game (yesterday) and well I had a household of 4 sims and 3 pets. They all moved to a new house together and there relationships were exactly how they were in the previous town. Now I have split them up so that the siblings are next door neighbours.

However it would be so much cooler if you were able to keep the previous relationships with the sims from their hometown. Also, their jobs stayed the same - Just with new bosses :)
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    edited June 2013
    I reacently wanted to try out this new option in my game (yesterday) and well I had a household of 4 sims and 3 pets. They all moved to a new house together and there relationships were exactly how they were in the previous town. Now I have split them up so that the siblings are next door neighbours.

However it would be so much cooler if you were able to keep the previous relationships with the sims from their hometown. Also, their jobs stayed the same - Just with new bosses :)

How did you do that? I wanted to have one of the oldest girls to move out to their own house so that her and her boyfriend could live there. I couldn't find a way to do it, so I bought another house and I don't know how to get some family members to move in
  • KatieTerrorFaceKatieTerrorFace Posts: 480 Member
    edited June 2013
    It'd be great if the steam version would let me update the sims to get these great additions to the game. :\

Why don't you just move to using Origin? o.o
  • natjadebabenatjadebabe Posts: 148 Member
    edited June 2013
    CursedDice wrote:

How did you do that? I wanted to have one of the oldest girls to move out to their own house so that her and her boyfriend could live there. I couldn't find a way to do it, so I bought another house and I don't know how to get some family members to move in

How many sims are in your household? Because my situation was I had two sims (brother and sister) living together, I got the brother's girlfriend to move in with the family. Then I got one of them to select to 'Move to new town' when they're all in the new town, in their new home, I got the Sister to select 'Move' and just put her in the house next door, now she is my main game and the brother and his girlfriend live in the house next door :)

Sorry if that's kinda hard to understand I didn't really know how else to put it :P
  • SIMAddict211SIMAddict211 Posts: 134 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Just be careful because I tried and this option nearly f***** up my game I could not save or exit game it kept saying cant save or edit while sims are moving but nothing happened so I had to deleted the town and all the caches in order to get my game back luckily i had another family I was playing in another world but I ended up losing my Sunset-valley family :x this option is very deceiving to me like other said its just like copying your family to the library they lose all friendships and wishes.
    edited June 2013
    Would be good if we could keep all relationship with previous town members and the game would treat them like the foreigners from WA.

Ya when I first saw the update I assumed that was what they would do. They didn't so now it's just a different way to move to a new town. Oh well, still nice if it works, but it seems it is freezing some peoples games.... guess we wait for another patch.
  • RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited June 2013
    I must say, I'm pretty excited about this. When I hit Gen 10, I'm going to make that heir move out to a new town and start a story with her. I'm currently on Gen 4, quite a few bugs and glitches, but still going strong :D
  • erynnnnerynnnn Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I was wondering if anyone knew how to move your family back to the
    Previous town. I moved my family to another
    Town without knowing that the town they lived In previously would be completely
    Gone. I moved them back to the original town and everything I did was gone. All my generations of families
    Had disappeared. I was so angry. Just wondering if there is any way to get it back. Thanks
  • fabjamiefabjamie Posts: 122 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm so happy about this. Legacies in the same town get boring around the 4th generation. Now I can spice things up :)
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited July 2013
    I tried moving in my game but my Sims just get in the cab, turn around and go back home. I tried 3 times in a row and gave up.

I saved my Sims to the lot bin and moved them to the new town but even in the same household most of the family relationships were broken. I don't think I'll try it again until I know that it works.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • MAnatomyMAnatomy Posts: 460 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Wow that will be nice

Hopefully i can fix my ******* laptop so it will turn on so I can play again
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited July 2013
    I am happy about this too!
  • angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited July 2013
    I will never use this and I don't see the point of EA having it in the game. It's pretty much the same as saving your family to the bin and moving them into a new town. It is completely useless.
  • HikiriHikiri Posts: 7
    edited July 2013
    I'm getting a pop up that says there was an unexpected error and your move had to be cancelled :/
  • SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hikiri wrote:
    I'm getting a pop up that says there was an unexpected error and your move had to be cancelled :/

This happened to me when I have a child in boarding school or a pregnant sim.
  • LozzomaticLozzomatic Posts: 516 Member
    edited July 2013
    I get the family as far as hopping in a taxi and driving off, only for it to load the selected town to the 'create a family' screen and I cannot see my family anywhere.

So disappointed. I don't think I'l' bother getting the sim 4 if dumb things like this happen. :x