Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims BR's tutorial how to place diving spots in other worlds translated to english ;)

Comments

• caiobueno2304caiobueno2304 Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    Antonouza wrote:
    I sent a gift from your wishlist, caiobueno2304

I'm diving in Sunlit Tides!!!! :D:D:D

Thanks!
    :thumbup:

OMG! Thank you very much! :D
  • IronboatLeeIronboatLee Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2013
    I still think my way is easier to export a diving areas to other maps. Link is here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689246.page

Did anybody succeed in this way ? Please tell me
  • r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited June 2013
  • noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank You ,have booked marked this for when I get IP.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2013
    Nice. This will be great for legacies that aren't in Isla Paradiso.

Not sure why they said it was only exclusive to Isla Paradiso. There could be problems when placed in other worlds, so only time will tell.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2013
    I found it, thank you for credit (O Sim BR) and translation for you! If you have any questions, can ask for me.

See diving area in Bridgeport that i did

4OGsJSk.jpg

I would never take credit for something I did not do, and thank you so much for discovering how to do it, I am sure to ask you questions once I get my game on Friday :)
    JCsS1MS wrote:
    Thank you for being so helpful!

I gifted you the "Morning in the Garden dress"

Omg that was so sweet of you, I never expected that, thank you :)
    edited June 2013
    There are too many people to reply too, gosh this took off while I was sleeping LOL, I am just glad the translation is helping you guys out, happy simming :wink:
  • Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    edited June 2013
    This is great info

btw,

i have a question:

do you have to add treasure chest/ kraken cave or do they auto place themself randomly when you dive?
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
    edited June 2013
    Dimon6579 wrote:
    This is great info

btw,

i have a question:

do you have to add treasure chest/ kraken cave or do they auto place themself randomly when you dive?

I only get my game on Friday, but if you look closely at step 7's picture there seems to be some caves of some sort in buydebug, so just try placing those. :wink:
  • mikey20mikey20 Posts: 10
    edited June 2013
    Quick Question. Will mermaids or sharks spawn when you make your own dive lots as well? Or do they only spawn in IP dive lots? Has anyone encountered a mermaid or shark after building a dive lot in another world?
    edited June 2013
    mikey20 wrote:
    Quick Question. Will mermaids or sharks spawn when you make your own dive lots as well? Or do they only spawn in IP dive lots? Has anyone encountered a mermaid or shark after building a dive lot in another world?

Good question, I hope someone answers it for you, else I will play around with it on Friday and test it for you :wink:
  • mikey20mikey20 Posts: 10
    edited June 2013
    mcrudd wrote:
    mikey20 wrote:

Good question, I hope someone answers it for you, else I will play around with it on Friday and test it for you :wink:

Thanks a lot. Hopefully ill be able to get the game within the next couple of days and play around with it as well :)
    edited June 2013
    mikey20 wrote:
    Thanks a lot. Hopefully ill be able to get the game within the next couple of days and play around with it as well :)

That would be fun, I can't wait until Friday :mrgreen:
  • bngbedardbngbedard Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2013
    anyone having any trouble in other worlds that put in dive spots? just wondering before I add them into other world. or does anyone know why Gurus said you couldn't?

Thanks!
  • vbooke01vbooke01 Posts: 176 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I just added my first lot to a custom world. I hope it works. Diving shouldn't be exclusive to one world with so many other places, but we shall see.

Well I just finished and my sim would not dive on the lot , swim near it, or boat there. Anyone have any tips?
  • baileyann2baileyann2 Posts: 14
    edited June 2013
    mikey20 wrote:

There are shark spawners in the buydebug (as well as other spawners). There isn't a mermaid spawner but they still show up. I have a mermaid every time I dive in the lot I made... I'm not sure if that's because I loaded it with all the sealife spawners and I planted some kelp. But yeah, they'll still appear.
  • YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh wow, thanks for translating! This is great, now I can just follow the tutorial instead of trying to figure it out myself. I'm all excited now. :lol:

There's a chance the Gurus said that dive lots weren't possible in other worlds to avoid having players mess up their games. From the sound of it, building a dive lot is complicated. They could have been trying to prevent problems. Some players refuse to take responsibility for the things they do. So if some player messes with dive lots and somehow causes routing issues or other problems, the player can't blame the company for their game being messed up. It's one of those do-at-your-own-risk things. (I'm just guessing though, I'm definitely not inside the loop of official info lol.)
  • GNRxSas7837GNRxSas7837 Posts: 812 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for the translation. This is really helpful and if the original writer sees this, thank you for posting about it.
  • DFGuyDFGuy Posts: 361 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Awesome tutorial! It's build on a slope, but I built a diving lot in Al Simhara with it!
  • mona1315mona1315 Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2013
    I just asked a similar question,the only difference is I'm trying to move a sunlit tides family to the new world that came with paradise island because I didn't want to start all over and have to create a new family. I might try this instead until my question gets answered. Thanks for this info. :)
    edited June 2013
    Only one more day and then I will test this tutorial and upload some pics for you all, in the mean time enjoy island paradise :mrgreen:
  • kirajmpkirajmp Posts: 385 Member
    edited June 2013
    vbooke01 wrote:
    I just added my first lot to a custom world. I hope it works. Diving shouldn't be exclusive to one world with so many other places, but we shall see.

Well I just finished and my sim would not dive on the lot , swim near it, or boat there. Anyone have any tips?

No tips, but I'm having the same problem in my custom world. I followed all the steps, the lot looks great, the buoy is floating nicely on the surface, but any actions I try to do on the lot just get cancelled out. I made her swim right up to edge of the lot, but she won't swim onto the lot itself, or do anything else there. Just to be clear, I have the options to scuba dive, snorkel, swim, boat, etc, when I click on the surface of the water, but when I select them,they just get cancelled out, and my sim won't go onto the lot.
  • vbooke01vbooke01 Posts: 176 New Member
    edited June 2013
    kirajmp wrote:
    vbooke01 wrote:

No tips, but I'm having the same problem in my custom world. I followed all the steps, the lot looks great, the buoy is floating nicely on the surface, but any actions I try to do on the lot just get cancelled out. I made her swim right up to edge of the lot, but she won't swim onto the lot itself, or do anything else there. Just to be clear, I have the options to scuba dive, snorkel, swim, boat, etc, when I click on the surface of the water, but when I select them,they just get cancelled out, and my sim won't go onto the lot.

Kira.. Check out this link: http://simsvip.com/2013/06/25/moving-placing-dive-spots-in-other-worlds/#respond-sys. Keep in mind that I used EA lots from Paradiso and just placed them in my bin. I was able to put the beginning dive lot in a custom world and edit the lot as well. You have to lock the lot, save, go to main menu, and reload the neighborhood. After that mine work!! Takes a bit, but it worked.
  • kirajmpkirajmp Posts: 385 Member
    edited June 2013
    vbooke01 wrote:
    Kira.. Check out this link: http://simsvip.com/2013/06/25/moving-placing-dive-spots-in-other-worlds/#respond-sys. Keep in mind that I used EA lots from Paradiso and just placed them in my bin. I was able to put the beginning dive lot in a custom world and edit the lot as well. You have to lock the lot, save, go to main menu, and reload the neighborhood. After that mine work!! Takes a bit, but it worked.

Unfortunately, I think the ocean in my custom world is too shallow. When I try to place that dive lot from Isla Paradiso, when I come back after going to the main menu,the lot itself looks good and is underwater and everything, but the marker flag and sharks are way above the surface of the water, and I still can't get onto to lot. When I try to make my own lot with the tutorial in this thread, the marker will sit on the surface when I first place it, but when I go to the main menu and back again, it is high up in the air as well, and the lot is still unusable.
  • sheetmasonsheetmason Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks!