There seems to be a lot of freezing/crashing when trying to check into a resort happening. Not everyone has this problem. This thread is to try to find out the common factors of people with this problem.
This is a link to the fix crinrict has posted for this issue:http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/game-freezes-when-checking-into-resort.html
NOTE: A version of Overwatch has now been released that fixes this problem. So if you use mods you need to update Overwatch now. ( July 3 2013)
If those of us who do have problems with this could answer these questions and provide additional relevant information it may help us work this out.
1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
2. Which Patch Level are you at ?
3. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
4. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
5. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
6. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
7. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
8. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
And some extra questions please:
1. Which resort(s) are a problem for you
2. Are all Sims affected? Or is it just a certain one?
3. What career/job does your problem Sim have?
4. Does changing career get rid of the issue?
5. Is your whole household affected? Also other households if you change the active household?
6. What skills do your affected sims have (including collecting and consigning)?
7. Are you using a new or pre made sim?