Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is this XP soooo slow? :(

Hey all, i can play every other XP and SP perfectly fine but with island paradise it lags so much its unplayable, i deleted catches and i took all other XPS and SPS off, i have all my settings on lowest, i have no mods and no CC NOTHING! so can i get it to work properly or is it just not happening?

Comments

• DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think it may be your computer if you don't have enough RAM space. Check to see if you have enough GB, as the computer does run very slow if the disk drive is full!
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• pringtjoepringtjoe Posts: 496 New Member
    edited June 2013
    EmmaLeen wrote:
    I think it may be your computer if you don't have enough RAM space. Check to see if you have enough GB, as the computer does run very slow if the disk drive is full!

Hey i have loads of GB left on my disk drive :/ what can i do :( waa waa lol
  • JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2013
    Expansion pack was very laggy for me, freezing every 10 to 30 seconds etc.

Tried the usual of clearing the caches but that only slowed down things when it had to create those caches again and make all the thumbnails all over again.

Solution for my game however was from what I read in another topic...

When in game enter the code "resetsims *" (without the quotation marks but With the *)
    Now my game seems fine, no more severe freezing or lagging. Sure there is the occasional video lag from time to time if I do something like try to spin my screen too quickly but the game has always been like that to me, but the severe lag and or freezing is about 80 to 90% better now.

Worth a shot.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2013
    pringtjoe wrote:
    Hey all, i can play every other XP and SP perfectly fine but with island paradise it lags so much its unplayable, i deleted catches and i took all other XPS and SPS off, i have all my settings on lowest, i have no mods and no CC NOTHING! so can i get it to work properly or is it just not happening?

What card are you using? There have been instances where Sims 3 does not recognize newer cards.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited June 2013
    Jalida wrote:
    Expansion pack was very laggy for me, freezing every 10 to 30 seconds etc.

Tried the usual of clearing the caches but that only slowed down things when it had to create those caches again and make all the thumbnails all over again.

Solution for my game however was from what I read in another topic...

When in game enter the code "resetsims *" (without the quotation marks but With the *)
    Now my game seems fine, no more severe freezing or lagging. Sure there is the occasional video lag from time to time if I do something like try to spin my screen too quickly but the game has always been like that to me, but the severe lag and or freezing is about 80 to 90% better now.
    or do i
    Worth a shot.

Hey thanks, i will try it :)
  • Pcjunky13Pcjunky13 Posts: 407 Member
    edited June 2013
    Could be your processor speed mine is 1.8ghz it needs at least 2.0ghz. It hasn't lagged on me that I noticed. The only thing my game did was my computer shut down but that was due to I believe battery because my battery doesn't last very long (due to me not charging my laptop the way I am supposed to) but that's the only thing that it has done technical wise
    edited June 2013
    Pcjunky13 wrote:
    Could be your processor speed mine is 1.8ghz it needs at least 2.0ghz. It hasn't lagged on me that I noticed. The only thing my game did was my computer shut down but that was due to I believe battery because my battery doesn't last very long (due to me not charging my laptop the way I am supposed to) but that's the only thing that it has done technical wise

mine is 1.7GHz but it runs every other sims game fine
  • Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited June 2013
    It has to be the computer, because mine along with several other Simmers say this EP (same as what you call XP) runs beautiful, or at least pretty good.
    edited June 2013
    Yeh EP lol sorry, it must be then :(
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited June 2013
    My Overwatch has been reporting a ton of stuck sims. There are some serious routing problems which causes the game to lag. :(
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited June 2013
    mine is lagging to and have 16 gig of ram with a gtx 550 graphic card and a core i5 processor 3rd gen
  • DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited June 2013
    pringtjoe wrote:
    EmmaLeen wrote:

I think what you mean actually is memory RAM not hard disk RAM, there's a difference. You can have plenty of hard disk space and not have enough memory RAM. The RAM that matters, if you have a enough hard disk space, are the those memory chips, the long ones, that are in your computer. Like mine has 12 GB of RAM and 1GB of dedicated video RAM. Having a 1 TB hard disk doesn't do you any good if you don't have the memory RAM. That's normally what slows down a game. You may want to check that.
  • SimarchangelSimarchangel Posts: 264 Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't have my copy yet (UK), but other simmers have reported that using game-management mods like Overwatch and Error Trap can reduce lag by resetting stuck sims. I use these already, as I find most worlds have routing issues which can really slow the game down regardless of specs, save size, or CC usage.

I'd recommend trying them - but remember to keep them up to date with the latest patch!
    edited June 2013
    DaletheSim wrote:
    pringtjoe wrote:
    EmmaLeen wrote:

I think what you mean actually is memory RAM not hard disk RAM, there's a difference. You can have plenty of hard disk space and not have enough memory RAM. The RAM that matters, if you have a enough hard disk space, are the those memory chips, the long ones, that are in your computer. Like mine has 12 GB of RAM and 1GB of dedicated video RAM. Having a 1 TB hard disk doesn't do you any good if you don't have the memory RAM. That's normally what slows down a game. You may want to check that.

Hey thanks, do you mean installed memory(RAM) ? this is how it reads
    edited June 2013
    I don't have my copy yet (UK), but other simmers have reported that using game-management mods like Overwatch and Error Trap can reduce lag by resetting stuck sims. I use these already, as I find most worlds have routing issues which can really slow the game down regardless of specs, save size, or CC usage.

I'd recommend trying them - but remember to keep them up to date with the latest patch!

Ok thanks can you give me the site where i can get them please? :) thanks
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited June 2013
    The site is nraas. Type it in search as that and the first link is the one you want. All mods are listed on the left hand side of the page.
    edited June 2013
    Colorist40 wrote:
    The site is nraas. Type it in search as that and the first link is the one you want. All mods are listed on the left hand side of the page.

Ok cheers :D
    edited June 2013
    I got both of those mods now and its still the same if not worse :(
  • Goldenguy10Goldenguy10 Posts: 126 New Member
    edited June 2013
    My Overwatch has been reporting a ton of stuck sims. There are some serious routing problems which causes the game to lag. :(

This!!!

I'm on an iMac but, I believe it is the routing issues that are causing the same adverse effects. My solution was to go and delete ALL the townies and replace them with my custom sims. Everything runs smooth again, for now at least.

A prime example was I had a sim snorkeling: he swam right into the hull of a houseboat and got stuck inside of it! I can only imagine where other sims are getting stuck???

• cammysmom1cammysmom1 Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    I too am having problems. For example, my sim was on her way to work and she only works 3 hours a day as a power broker she left an hour before she was supposed to be there and didn't get there until she had 30 mins of work left. I got so sick of waiting on my sims I just stopped playing. I may have to do something I really don't want to do which is install some mods myself.
    edited June 2013
    Would getting the master controller make the EP any faster??
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited June 2013
    pringtjoe wrote:
    Pcjunky13 wrote:

Clock speed isn't really an issue with modern dual cores. If you're using an old processor it may be slower though.
    edited June 2013
    pringtjoe wrote:
    Pcjunky13 wrote:

Clock speed isn't really the issue with modern dual cores, if you're using an old processor it may be slower clock for clock.

What do you mean? old processor? :)
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited June 2013
    pringtjoe wrote:
    pringtjoe wrote:
    Pcjunky13 wrote:

Clock speed isn't really the issue with modern dual cores, if you're using an old processor it may be slower clock for clock.

What do you mean? old processor? :)

Well like a Pentium 4.

Or a Pentium Dual Core.

What's yours?
    edited June 2013
    This is what mine says...
    Processor: AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.70GHz