Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I found the method to put diving areas in other map

I found a way to export diving areas from Isla Paradiso to other maps!
Here are the steps:

There are 3 cheats to type using ctrl+shift+c

First cheat: TestingCheatsEnabled true
Second Cheat: BuyDebug On
Third Cheat: EnableLotLocking true

After these 3 cheats , you should be able to edit/move diving areas , also set a lot as diving areas. Then export a diving area, and open other map.
export%2520diving%2520area.jpg

Put a 64x64 lot in the sea and choose lot type as diving area then put the exported one in it. It should show some mess like this picture. You don't need to level the terrain. But remember to check again lot type after you put diving area.
[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-v6LKOUiN49Y/Ucknyu2KT5I/AAAAAAAAC_w/F0NlwQdTSI0/s1024/a%2520mess.jpg[/img]

Just ignore it , save and quit to main menu and reload the map. Then you should have a functional and normal diving area now, enjoy it! It's a diving area clearly in Sunset Valley.

normal%2520diving%2520area.jpg

By increasing your skills you can watch sharks under water
watch%2520shark.jpg

Diving area in Lucky Palms
[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-my-VhfKVtcE/Uck0aW6rkKI/AAAAAAAADBI/ddztwQLC6_I/s1024/Diving%2520Area%2520in%2520Lucky%2520Palms.jpg[/img]

Diving area in Sunlit Tides
Diving%2520area%2520in%2520Sunlit%2520Tides.jpg

Some notes:
I found the problem in some worlds , like Barnacle Bay. And if you edit the lot you'll know the reason is the underwater ground level is too shallow. So you need to choose deeper place to put diving area (I think that's why Devs don't want us put diving areas in other maps). Or follow the steps of this tutorial.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689285.page

My method is easier way, and the list of succeeded map:

Sunlit Tides
Sunset Valley
Lucky Palms

The maps that may cause problem :
Barnacle Bay
Bridgeport
Appaloosa Plans
Monte Vista
Dragon Valley
Starlight Shores

The maps that won't work:
Twinbrooks
Lunar Lakes
Riverview

I'll update the list after I tried different worlds, and I hope simmers can reply your success/failure in other maps.

Comments

• HRHLadyNayHRHLadyNay Posts: 3,086 New Member
    edited June 2013
    wow that diving lot looks amazing~!
    ty for sharing as well
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wow, this is amazing! So, you don't have to mess with leveling the ocean floor? The game automatically fixes itself? Can you see if it works in Sunlit Tides (if you have the world)?

So, happy!
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited June 2013
    thanks for sharing! :D
  • palmtreecodpalmtreecod Posts: 261 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Would you care to share which lighting mods you use?? :)
  • CJDJCanadaCJDJCanada Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2013

What he said below. :)
  • IronboatLeeIronboatLee Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2013

It's from Buhudain's Environment Lightning Tweaks

Also I successfully put diving area in Sunlit Tides, later I'll update first post
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2013
    Good job, and thank you very much. Soon as my game downloads will be trying this out. Woot!
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • blinky47jblinky47j Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh wow! Thank you! This means we can have diving lots in custom worlds too! Yah!
  • ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    edited June 2013
    Ooohhh, this is so exciting! My game has been downloading for the past two hours now and I'll have to pause it so I can sleep (I seriously got the email at 11:19 pm), but this good news gives me great hopes for my explorer type Sims. Thanks for sharing!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2013
    IronboatLee you superstar!

I can't wait to try that out!!!
  • eatinglikeasim3012eatinglikeasim3012 Posts: 484 New Member
    edited June 2013
    In all the pictures you cannot seleckt 'dive'...is that because your sim doesn't have high enough skill?If so can you try with someone that can dive to make sure it works because if it was that simple I can't see why they wouldn't tell us that it is possible with cheats
  • caiobueno2304caiobueno2304 Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    How To Build Underwater Lots: http://www.osimbr.net/home.php?new=4383

;)
    edited June 2013
    In all the pictures you cannot seleckt 'dive'...is that because your sim doesn't have high enough skill?If so can you try with someone that can dive to make sure it works because if it was that simple I can't see why they wouldn't tell us that it is possible with cheats

You need a diving area first , then you can dive. The picture is just a prove that you can put diving areas in other maps.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited June 2013
    That sounds pretty simple to do. Thanks so much for telling everyone.

Didn't a simguru say this was impossible? I'm baffled if they did.
  • SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone managed to keep the dive spots there even after shutting down the game completely? Not sure if the OP tested this or not, but the dive spots (in my game) revert to "No Visitors Allowed" when I reboot the game.

Am I doing something wrong? :twisted:
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone managed to keep the dive spots there even after shutting down the game completely? Not sure if the OP tested this or not, but the dive spots (in my game) revert to "No Visitors Allowed" when I reboot the game.

Am I doing something wrong? :twisted:

Not sure if you are SimsBr as well as Simsvip but I translated their tutorial which had a lot of extra steps to this one, you can find it here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689285.page they did a once demolish and a lock lot and those type of stuff extra ;)
    edited June 2013
    Since my DSL is so slow I don't have the game installed yet so I have been reading. Mcrudd translated the SimsBR's instruction to build a dive lot and wondered if the start of it would be better than going to main menu and etc.

First they created the space then saved it to the bin. Here, take a look, http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689285.page
    edited June 2013
    I will be testing both methods combined in someodd way and test the theory, but I think creating the space first, make it a community lot with visitors allowed tag, then plop a dive lot on it. Something like how we had to fiddle with placing dorms in Uni world.

Edit: You may have to lock the lot after creating it's spot.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you and blewis823 for the info.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2013
    LOL blewis we typed the same time :mrgreen:
    edited June 2013
    After you put your exported diving area into a lot , it will be set to "no visitors allowed" . So you have to change the lot type to "diving area" manually before you save and reopen the map.
  • indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited June 2013
    AWESOMENESS!
  • clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yay :D now we can stay in our own worlds and still have dive lots!
  • FatemehYaFatemehYa Posts: 10
    edited June 2013
    Wow ,diving in other maps that's cool! thanks for sharing :)