Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Warning: With a Little Kelp from My Friends Garland Don't buy from the Daily Deal!

With a Little Kelp from My Friends Garland is a MyPage sticker, it is not an in-game item!!! You cannot use this item in your game, don't waste your points!! I don't even think you can use the stickers on your MyPage anymore!!!
WznfzGr.gif

Comments

• KerryodeaKerryodea Posts: 106 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I wish I saw this earlier. I bought the stupid thing thinking it was a real garland. Nope. Why do they still have them for sale if we can't use them?? Ridiculous!
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited June 2013
    To whoever manages the Daily Deal:

Facepalm_9a08b9_59080.jpg
  • TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited June 2013
    Whoever manages the store team should STOP SELLING STICKERS altogether! I think they should all be set to 'free' because they are now useless because we can no longer decorate our MyPages with them! It is a total ripoff to be selling these to loyal customers who could be spending those points on somthing that could be used in the game instead of a picture they can get for free by right-clicking on it and saving it their computers! :x :twisted: To me, this is an injustice and an outrage! :roll:
  • acorn88acorn88 Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2013
    The DD is at 76% now...is it wrong of me to want them bought up so that I don't have to wait an hour for the next deal????

Yes. :oops: I guess it is.
  • MizzRoseBudMizzRoseBud Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    It is a total ripoff to be selling these to loyal customers who could be spending those points on somthing that could be used in the game instead of a picture they can get for free by right-clicking on it and saving it their computers! :x :twisted: To me, this is an injustice and an outrage! :roll:

I totally agree ... but "Loyal Costumers" means nothing to EA, they do not want a fan club, they want to earn money. If old players drop out, there is always a newbie to take their place. And it will take some time, before the newbie realize the truth about EA, in the mean time EA can milk the newbie dry for money.

I should not have been so naive, after all these years, but I downloaded it too ... there were NO indication that it was not a game object.

Cheated ... :(
  • TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited June 2013
    If I were you guys (who bought it) I would call or write CS to complain, if I had nothing else planned to do for a while, just on principle because it just is NOT right.

And... acorn88 *slaps wrist* It is wrong. :wink::lol: Although I don't wanna wait so long for something new to be posted either, but the way this list is going, it may not be anything worth the wait... or the hurry. :roll:
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited June 2013
    Darn it! I was wondering why i had never seen it in the store before!!! I'm new enough to not know anything about stickers. What bull!
    edited June 2013
    That is too bad that you fell for it too Karilyn ... but now you know EA a little better.

Tina, I know that you are right ... but honestly I expect that EA will correct it by them selves.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited June 2013
    Um, how did they manage to "vault" the free EA store content and do away with the Dr. Pepper and other Branded items yet FAIL to do that with these items?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

This came up when I was thread keeper too, and during that time they managed to "vault" the holiday sets, but cannot seem to do so with these blasted items. I generally am a fan of the store, but words cannot express my displeasure at EA for keeping these items in the store. It's outright fraud.

So I give you a Princess Bride Queen Boo...

6295236_std.jpg
  • shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member
    edited June 2013

I fell for it too.

:(

"I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg
  • JazzypooJazzypoo Posts: 325 Member
    edited June 2013
    Why did they even start charging 25 cents for virtual freaking stickers in the first place? Of all the money grabbing schemes they could think of, VIRTUAL STICKERS!? That just absolutely tears it for me. They charge the same price for a new world with absolutely nothing new that they do for a full expansion pack then have the nerve to put it on sale for a price that is still not even close to what it's really worth, then they do the exact same thing with these stupid venues. $17 for one venue with a shower and a new skill? I can go on amazon right now and get any of the expansions preceding Pets for less than that. SHAME ON YOU SIMS 3 STORE TEAM. SHAME ON YOU!! And that's my rant of the day.
  • XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm so glad I didn't buy it!! I was SO SO tempted to because I couldn't figure out if it was in a set or no.

Any of you who have paid for it need to be sure and contact someone. Yea, sure they might fix it, but if they don't know about it at all <because I assume they have the store on some automatic randomized posting system> then they need to have their attention brought to it somehow.
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • lthill91lthill91 Posts: 435 Member
    edited June 2013
    Whoever manages the store team should STOP SELLING STICKERS altogether! I think they should all be set to 'free' because they are now useless because we can no longer decorate our MyPages with them! It is a total ripoff to be selling these to loyal customers who could be spending those points on somthing that could be used in the game instead of a picture they can get for free by right-clicking on it and saving it their computers! To me, this is an injustice and an outrage!

So true. We are being Cheated!!!!
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2013
    That is too bad that you fell for it too Karilyn ... but now you know EA a little better.

Tina, I know that you are right ... but honestly I expect that EA will correct it by them selves.

The only correcting they may do is for it to not show up when the DD rotates. But for everyone to get their points back? Yeah...I kinda don't see that happening without you asking them for it.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited June 2013
    THANK GOD I didnt buy it.For the life of me I was trying to figure out why I hadnt seen it before so decided to wait till next rotation.OMG i would have been livid had i bought that junk :-o
  • PSFinishLinePSFinishLine Posts: 179 Member
    edited June 2013
    Jazzypoo wrote:
    Why did they even start charging 25 cents for virtual freaking stickers in the first place? Of all the money grabbing schemes they could think of, VIRTUAL STICKERS!? That just absolutely tears it for me. They charge the same price for a new world with absolutely nothing new that they do for a full expansion pack then have the nerve to put it on sale for a price that is still not even close to what it's really worth, then they do the exact same thing with these stupid venues. $17 for one venue with a shower and a new skill? I can go on amazon right now and get any of the expansions preceding Pets for less than that. SHAME ON YOU SIMS 3 STORE TEAM. SHAME ON YOU!! And that's my rant of the day.

My feelings exactly! The only worlds I have I got physical copies on deep sales (Hidden Springs and Monte Vista). I only buy venues on the DD.

Last week one of my good friends bought the Sims 3 for $10. That's $7 less than the venue is going for right now.....
    edited June 2013
    I have just finished a livechat and got my 17 sim points back. The guy also promished that :
    this issue has been already forwarded to our development team and they are diligently working on the item to make it functional for the customers as soon as possible

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have just finished a livechat and got my 17 sim points back. The guy also promished that :
    this issue has been already forwarded to our development team and they are diligently working on the item to make it functional for the customers as soon as possible
    To be honest there are so many other problems with this site that need fixing I would rather they just deleted all these things from their database or, at least, flagged them as unsaleable.

Oh, and well done! Good news on the refund, hopefully plenty of others will also demand their money back.
  • SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited June 2013
    FYI, I sent this along to the appropriate folks.
    edited June 2013
    Sand in Your Gnome have just been up in the Daily Deal ... so it keep going on
  • KSkywalker4571KSkywalker4571 Posts: 413 Member
    edited June 2013
    FYI, I sent this along to the appropriate folks.

Thank You, SimGuruCopeland!
    1/16/2015 I own the Store! :o:D