Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dragon valley eggs are not hatching?

12346...Next

Comments

• willow5willow5 Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    @ AznSensei.. Thank you so much for that last post about the dragon egg fix, it worked 100%! :mrgreen:
  • Hedy1975Hedy1975 Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    mr014 wrote:
    I have the same problemsa my dragons are anot hatching at all. Its been registred my world so anyways. Its theres another solution to the problem? :?

Well this means the problem isn't caused by having a copy of the world that one didn't buy themselves, since this user has bought and registered the world on this site, and also has this problem.

I bought mine last night. I can get it installed, open it and play it but not hatch any dragons. I am so frustrated. None of the "fixes" I have found work.
  • mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hedy1975 wrote:
    mr014 wrote:
    I have the same problemsa my dragons are anot hatching at all. Its been registred my world so anyways. Its theres another solution to the problem? :?

Well this means the problem isn't caused by having a copy of the world that one didn't buy themselves, since this user has bought and registered the world on this site, and also has this problem.

I bought mine last night. I can get it installed, open it and play it but not hatch any dragons. I am so frustrated. None of the "fixes" I have found work.

Try installing DV on a fresh save and see what happens (rename your 'The Sims 3' folder and have the launcher generate a new one, then install DV there and see if your dragons hatch in the new save).
  • AimeeRDAimeeRD Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I am so sick of trying to get my dragon eggs to hatch! The only reason why I bought the **** expansion was for the dragons! Can anyone offer any advice or solutions?
  • Valerian1994Valerian1994 Posts: 10
    edited June 2013
    You guys (the ones going on about bloody piracy and crap) are all being completely rude, okay, yes, he's shared a copy with his friend or vice-versa. me and my sister have our own accounts and our own games, download what we want separately and then allow each other access to our accounts to download. call it piracy or whatever, but we don't see why we should have to buy the same thing twice when we live in the same house, especially when EA charges ridiculous amounts of money for games, and then ridiculous amounts of money for additional content.

To the starter of this thread, see if you and your friend can work out a similar arrangement to the one me and my sister have, I'm also planning on starting an arrangement with my friend in the same way.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited June 2013
    Valerian, EA would disagree with you, but for us helpers that is beside the point if content obtained the way you suggest is designed not to work if obtained that way.

We are trying to help people play their game the way EA programmed it. For us it really depends if the egg hatching is a bug, which we can try to help, or due to DRM functioning correctly which we can't.

It may be hard to accept, but with most games etc, you are not buying the file that you can freely transfer but a license to use the file and that license generally is one file per user for their own use.
    edited June 2013
    There is nothing wrong with sharing your content with family members within the same household ;)

And besides it has already been proven that dragon eggs not hatching isn't due to having a copy of the world you didn't buy yourself; because 1) people who bought DV from the store are also experiencing this problem and 2) many people who own a copy of the world they didn't buy themselves aren't having this problem.
  • IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited June 2013
    I see that this thread is still going and I am hoping someone can help me please.

I just bought Dragon Valley and my eggs also won't hatch. I have re-installed it now twice but no luck.

In the launcher under installed content the baby dragon is the only item that shows up. I have read somewhere else that there are supposed to be four items including Dragon egg, baby dragon fly, baby dragon fish and then the baby dragon. But I only have the baby dragon.

I do have mods: And to my knowledge they are up to date as my game works fine.

I also have CC. I run everything through Delphy's and then I merge it.

I have looked and my ccmerged file is still in the DCBackup folder. I didn't touch it.

Edit: I have removed my Mods folder completely and re-installed Dragon Valley. But the same thing happens. The timer goes down all the way to 0 and then nothing happens.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    35a41sn.gif
  • 420happyhour420happyhour Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2013
    Looking at some of your pages the world does not seem to be registered to your accounts? so if your wolrd has not registered maybe you need to contact CS to get them to sort out, maybe then your dragon eggs will hatch properly. Mine do and my world has registered on my page and I have over 20 eggs hatched successfully so far.
    I believe the world is registered to my page, and the dragons still wont hatch, is there a plan B here?
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited June 2013
    420happyhour, have you tried a factory reset?

Rename your The Sims 3 folder to The Sims 3 old. Launch the Launcher and a brand new The Sims 3 folder will be generated.

Do not put anything from your old folder into the new.

Download a new copy of DV from your store history. . Install it and play a fresh game in DV and see if the eggs will hatch.
    edited June 2013
    I see that this thread is still going and I am hoping someone can help me please.

I just bought Dragon Valley and my eggs also won't hatch. I have re-installed it now twice but no luck.

In the launcher under installed content the baby dragon is the only item that shows up. I have read somewhere else that there are supposed to be four items including Dragon egg, baby dragon fly, baby dragon fish and then the baby dragon. But I only have the baby dragon.

I do have mods: And to my knowledge they are up to date as my game works fine.

I also have CC. I run everything through Delphy's and then I merge it.

I have looked and my ccmerged file is still in the DCBackup folder. I didn't touch it.

Edit: I have removed my Mods folder completely and re-installed Dragon Valley. But the same thing happens. The timer goes down all the way to 0 and then nothing happens.

Maybe your ccmerged file got corrupted one way or another, it happens sometimes.

Try installing DV on a fresh save (rename your sims 3 folder and have the launcher generate a new one, then install DV on the new save) and see if the problem is there as well.

Alternatively, you could also try downloading this ccmerged file, https://www.box.com/s/1c89465a24e0e11126ca , and replace your own with this one (make a baclup of your own one first).
  • Hedy1975Hedy1975 Posts: 42
    edited June 2013

Try installing DV on a fresh save and see what happens (rename your 'The Sims 3' folder and have the launcher generate a new one, then install DV there and see if your dragons hatch in the new save).[/quote]

I tried uninstalling and then re-installing. No luck. When I closed the game out and opened it again, I got a great little message that said "Sims 3 Base game files have been corrupted" or something along those lines. PANIC! Base game would not install again. My son, trying to helpful, uninstalled ALL of my Sims 3 while I was at work hoping he could get the base game to work. All expansion packs, and I have them all. My world bundles, my stuff packs. My base game was dead. I had to buy another, of course Wal-Mart wouldn't have the Sims 3 base game. Nope. Now I am stuck with another copy of Latenight I can't even give away. I am the only person in my family and friends that plays it.

Long story short, DV is working now. I don't know what happened. I have never had any problems until I bought a digital download. But Tempest, my black dragon, is doing well. So if he's happy, I'm happy. Thank you for the advice.
  • Sharni87Sharni87 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I have tried the factory reset, and I still only have the baby dragon, not the dragon egg, baby dragon fish or dragon fly objects. Is there any way to download them?
  • Stephanie814Stephanie814 Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    My eggs are still not hatching. I am currently uninstalling everything off of my computer and trying a clean install to see if that helps. Just hoping this wasn't a waste of money :(
  • trenaty67trenaty67 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Im having the same problem i place my eggs and wait but they never hatch and it wont let me delete it. I was really sad. I have even tried uninstalling everything. :cry: :thumbdown:
  • rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited December 2013
    Mine triggered the countdown just by picking it up and putting it in my Sim's inventory.

Try that if you haven't already. I hope you'll have an adorable firebreather of your own very soon.
  • maevezzmaevezz Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I don't consider it piracy if I bought a copy but it won't work, my copy won't download at all so I used another source.
  • jenster0101jenster0101 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Honestly, I think all of you should leave the poor guy alone. Its really sad that all of you have this much time to spend accusing someone of piracy when none of you deal with EA's legal terms. I suggest you just let people do what they want and stay out of there business. It was a simple question and it is really sad that you guys took it to a whole new level. This thread was painful to read and borderline bullying.