Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Welcome to Bora Bora! Now Without Expansion, Stuff Pack, and Store Items!

Comments

• Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited June 2013
    I updated it so now it's an apartment lot and works exactly like any other Late Night apartment.

Screenshot-106_zpsc0890640.jpg

I built a new lobby for visitors to call you and for you to get your mail.

Screenshot-107_zpsa91f8e1b.jpg

The new front look with the lobby.

No CC at all, I don't use it myself. There is a lot of expansion, stuff pack, and store items though. Although, even if a person downloads it without those items, they'll just be replaced with a base game item.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2013
    What a wonderful idea! This is looking fantastic so far xx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you! I'm currently taking updated screenshots to replace the old ones on the front page.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yes! This is great. I've been trying to build something like this but you've pulled it off much better. Nice job.
  • Options
    stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    edited June 2013
    :thumbup: Rec´d ! It´s beautiful ! :thumbup: Thank you for this amazing lot!
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited June 2013
    That is so beautiful! Rec'ed! Amazing job!
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks guys! I'm so glad everyone seems to like it so much! It's the first thing I've built in Sims 3 where I actually got creative and didn't just plop down square rooms and random furniture.

Screenshot-124_zps18098d2c.jpg

Here's a photo of my sim's housewarming party. :D
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    HarleyLady2003HarleyLady2003 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2013
    AWESOME!!!!
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    four-seasons-borabora.jpg

This was my reference picture.
    you did an excellent job in comparison to this !
    Thanks for putting it on the exchange & sharing it with us :) Beautiful.
    ETA Unfortunately I wasn't able to download it. Not sure what the problem is, I tried & a red circle with a line through it showed up in my launcher. It said there was a problem, but I don't know what the problem could be. Makes me sad but at least others can enjoy it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hmm I wonder what the issue could be... I've never had that happen to me before.

I hope everyone else has been able to download it successfully.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2013
    Could you please explain IN DETAIL how you made the different height in the foundations? no one is giving me a decent explanation on how to do it, it cannot be that hard to accomplish, is there a cheat? what cheat is it? do I use capital letters in this cheat? please, just a simple explanation on how you got the lower foundation like that with the stairs going down to it? I'm becoming so flustered, lol, all I wanna do is see if I can do it myself. :?: :(:D
  • Options
    SC_AdminSC_Admin Posts: 498 Member
    edited June 2013
    AMAZING!!! :-o :shock: :D
    scnewsignature.png
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    this looks fantastic; would be a perfect resort for IP!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Whitneysim wrote:
    Could you please explain IN DETAIL how you made the different height in the foundations? no one is giving me a decent explanation on how to do it, it cannot be that hard to accomplish, is there a cheat? what cheat is it? do I use capital letters in this cheat? please, just a simple explanation on how you got the lower foundation like that with the stairs going down to it? I'm becoming so flustered, lol, all I wanna do is see if I can do it myself. :?: :(:D

For the higher level I just dragged the stilt foundation from the beach out over the water. For the lower sections, I created the stilt foundation right on the water, so it was automatically lower than the ground level section. Then to connect the stairs I typed in 'testingcheatsenabled true' without the apostrophes and then 'constrainfloorelevation false' again without the apostrophes. After placing the stairs, I then used the ground level tool to flatten the lower decks because adding the stairs makes them a little uneven. After I was done, I then typed 'constrainfloorelevation true' to turn the cheat off so unwanted ground level things wouldn't happen as I continued building.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    piffloverpifflover Posts: 615 Member
    edited June 2013
    What an awesome resort! Bora Bora is a place I have always wanted to go. Now my sims can stay there. :-)
  • Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited June 2013
    rec'd and downloading! :wink:
  • Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited June 2013
    well nevermind. it keeps saying there was an error every time i try to download. :(
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanx Wilderwolf for your help, seems like a bit of trouble to go through, I'll have a go at it and see what I end up with, lol, I do wish they would just make it so much easier to build, like, just without restrictions, so we don't have to use cheats all the time, I so hope they have no restrictions in the Sims 4 series for building.

Thanx again for getting abck to me about the foundations :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited June 2013
    Awesome job! Rec'd :thumbup:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    idatwinsisidatwinsis Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2013
    :mrgreen: Green with envy on this awesome build...like a few others I to am getting the "Red Circle" saying there was and error...maybe its UL, don't have that. Rec'd. Great Job!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I can go through the lot and remove the store/expansion content and reupload it to see if that works. It'll really just mean I gut the actual apartment, so you'll just get to decorate it yourself. haha
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    vermesmikevermesmike Posts: 106 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I can't download it. The last time I had this problem, it was because I was replacing too many items I don't have. I have every EP, but only 2 SP and a few store items. If you remove some of the store items or SP items, it might work. The download could be trying to replace too many items for some people. Also, are you going to release a version with IP objects?
  • Options
    RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wow! This looks amazing!!! Good job!
  • Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2013
    What world is that in? It's looks very interesting. Amazing job on Bora Bora!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vermesmike wrote:
    Yeah, I can't download it. The last time I had this problem, it was because I was replacing too many items I don't have. I have every EP, but only 2 SP and a few store items. If you remove some of the store items or SP items, it might work. The download could be trying to replace too many items for some people. Also, are you going to release a version with IP objects?

Yeah I'll do that then. And yeah I'm going to be updating it for IP. I might change it from an apartment to a resort, but I'll have to wait and see how that would work out.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif