Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Basic Coffee Maker?

Anyone else wish we had a basic coffee maker. Just plain black coffee or coffee with cream and sugar, not just cappuccinos and chai lattes. A basic coffee pot :)

Comments

• BetacetiBetaceti Posts: 1,914 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I would love a plain coffee maker. With a traditional pot.
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited June 2013
    me 3 :) it's a want of mine for a while now
  • ChellyMadockChellyMadock Posts: 356 Member
    edited June 2013
    Me too. Sometimes I feel silly making all my sims have to have things like "banana frothichino with chocolate sprinkles." Especially since so many of them are "lite" or "fat free." My sims aren't on a diet! What's wrong with a simple chai, hot chocolate, or coffee? I don't mind the fancy options, I would just like to have a few simple choices as well.
  • scotlandroadscotlandroad Posts: 244 Member
    edited June 2013
    Maybe in the next patch or maybe as premium content.
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'd love a basic coffee pot! All those banana coffees etc sound horrible to me.

I'd also love sims to be able to enjoy a tea at home - with University Life came all these places to buy mad tea infusions, like lavender tea for example, but your sim should be able to make them at home as well. Even just a ****** and a mug would do nicely, thank you.

:)

Edit - wow why is that word censored?! Allow me to demonstrate with a picture instead!

220px-Tea_bags.jpg
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,052 Member
    edited June 2013
    Because that word also corresponds with a woo hoo act
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2013
    caspinwall wrote:

I'd also love sims to be able to enjoy a tea at home - with University Life came all these places to buy mad tea infusions, like lavender tea for example, but your sim should be able to make them at home as well. Even just a ****** and a mug would do nicely, thank you.

Edit - wow why is that word censored?! Allow me to demonstrate with a picture instead!

220px-Tea_bags.jpg

I thought your sims could make teas at home with the barista bar?
    WznfzGr.gif
  • MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would love a basic coffee pot, and even a tea kettle for the stove. Not everyone can afford a Cappuccino machine :)
  • AntonouzaAntonouza Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think that coffee would increase energy as earlier generations, it would be great.

:(
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited June 2013
    @redrogue60 - True, good point, but it seems mad to me that they censor a common way of making a hot beverage. Seems a bit OTT. Oh well!

@lizbethbear - Yeah, they can use the barista bar but I'd rather they had a more simple, domestic way of making tea rather than having to install a large professional bar at home. I'd like a kettle :D

GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited June 2013
    Ive always wanted that as well.So im sorta happy that plain coffee came with Seasons but I have to go out to get it.The best I can do at home is make Hot Chocolate :?
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited June 2013
    caspinwall wrote:

220px-Tea_bags.jpg

I thought your sims could make teas at home with the barista bar?

They can
  • CountessCrazyCountessCrazy Posts: 133 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am not a coffee drinker but people I know don't have fancy machines in their homes. A simple coffee pot and a tea kettle would be great :)
  • magicwolfladymagicwolflady Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2013
    A basic coffeepot like a Mr. Coffee would be absolutely heavenly! Even an electric percolator would be nice. I dislike having to go out for coffee all the time. But at least we have that option now. And a teapot for the stove would be just a perfect accent even if it was just a decoration. :)
  • SISTERWOLFSISTERWOLF Posts: 149 Member
    edited June 2013
    yeah,give me a Mr. coffee coffee pot and a Teapot and I'll be a Happy Camper!! Hi Sis!! :-D
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited June 2013
    MSladyTSO wrote:
    I would love a basic coffee pot, and even a tea kettle for the stove.

I'd love both, and the tea set folks mentioned in other threads. :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • honeyhoney8honeyhoney8 Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited June 2013
    Me too. Sometimes I feel silly making all my sims have to have things like "banana frothichino with chocolate sprinkles." Especially since so many of them are "lite" or "fat free." My sims aren't on a diet! What's wrong with a simple chai, hot chocolate, or coffee? I don't mind the fancy options, I would just like to have a few simple choices as well.

I was going to post some feelings on the current coffe makers, but this says it all. :P That's everything, I can think of, that's been bothering from day one.

I do enjoy the gourmet coffee options, I just wish I had 'the one that started it all' too. :wink:

I honestly miss having the option to see my sim picking up a glass carafe from a traditional maker, (http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1025741/Capresso-12-Cup-Stainless-Steel-Coffee-Maker), & pour themselves -&/or others- a nice, hot mug of black coffee.

I have also seriously wanted to see my sims with a French Press like this one;
    http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-5280/Bodum-Chambord-French-Presses

This is about a 3 minute long video on how to use a french press. I think there's some good animation in here. :wink: 8) :mrgreen:
    http://video.about.com/coffeetea/How-to-Use-a-French-Press.htm