Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• AlouetteDunsmoreAlouetteDunsmore Posts: 260 Member
    edited June 2013
    My only issue so far is lighting. I light TOO well and my models end up luminescent.
  • NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited June 2013
    My only issue so far is lighting. I light TOO well and my models end up luminescent.

try using the invisible lights and use 1 light, move it around till you get the perfect light effect you want
    get to it by shift+ ctrl+c and enter testingcheatsenabled true
    then enter buydebug on into the box after that

these is what i use though

http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.com/2012/08/invisible-lights-set.html

one of the floor ones that is like a cone is enough sometimes
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • AlouetteDunsmoreAlouetteDunsmore Posts: 260 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well I use the invisible lights, and at first, they were perfect lighting, then I changed Threnody's (one of my models) hair color to a light color and now it glows like it's under blacklight. >.<
  • BlackStar42BlackStar42 Posts: 451 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to bump this back up and ask a question.

So I was thinking about how I really wanted to host a competition. And I was brainstorming ideas and I thought I would run this by you guys and see what you guys thought of it.

The title of the competition would be, "Unforgettable." And the idea of it is to pick a previous era, 1980's, Victorian, and even Steam punk. And other era's like that. And the idea is that everyone would have the same assignment, but you have to keep your model high fashion and in their era. Unforgettable. You know, because it's the past.

So, how does that sound?
    edited June 2013
    try moving the light further away infront of the sim
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2013
    i like the victorian idea
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • BlackStar42BlackStar42 Posts: 451 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks! That would defiantly be one of the options, Victorian is one of my favorites!
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi Brittani!!

and blackstar42: really cute contest idea ^__^
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey, Brittani! :)

Regarding the invisible lights - you can try moving them further away from the sim, but sometimes that can make the rest of your set dark. Try setting down a table lamp and click on it and select "adjust brightness". You can then select a custom level of brightness or one of the presets. Once you have chosen your lighting level, turn off "all lights" and then turn them all on again and th invisible lights will have the same brightness level. :)
    edited June 2013
    try putting numerous invisible floor lights around the set in areas you need light
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • RinaStarrRinaStarr Posts: 785 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey! I'm Jess but the name people seem to use on this site for me is Rina so I don't really mind. I have JUST installed pose player and I am super excited to start playing around with it!
    edited June 2013
    RinaStarr wrote:
    Hey! I'm Jess but the name people seem to use on this site for me is Rina so I don't really mind. I have JUST installed pose player and I am super excited to start playing around with it!

Aww awesome, hey, Rina! :D

• Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    RinaStarr wrote:

Hi Rina!!

I'm actually really glad, a lot of people are starting to come to this side of the forums ^_^ People from the GG Forums are also popping up here :D
    edited June 2013
    @ Angel - I totally agree with you, it's so nice to see people sharing screenshots and getting feedback on their modelling shoots. :)
    edited June 2013
    @ Angel - I totally agree with you, it's so nice to see people sharing screenshots and getting feedback on their modelling shoots. :)

I know ^_^ Before not many people were here and it was difficult to host comps and stuff :/ But, I agree with you too! It's nice to see more people joining :mrgreen:
  • GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Woohoo!!! :wink: I finally found the free points that I've been searching for!!! If anyone here hasn't gotten them yet, go get them if they're still up! I think they're only for the US but I could be wrong! :mrgreen:

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2013
    So I made new sims today in my free time! 3 sims and I need names for each of them!

First Girl ^_^

Friday1_zps1e8fec7f.jpg
    Friday2_zpse7678988.jpg

Second Girl!
    Friday6_zps2b3ff52b.jpg

First boy!
    Friday7_zpse285690d.jpg
    Friday8_zps9d26bd94.jpg

Random pictures 8) :mrgreen: :
    Friday9_zpsa3e6cc5b.jpg

All three of them doing a funny pose :3
    Friday3_zps9d48c46c.jpg
    Friday5_zpsd1760eae.jpg
    Friday4_zpsb425b71c.jpg
    She actually did pretty nice with the funny pose ^^
    edited June 2013
    Angel + JKS: I know ^__^! Its so exciting!! Its great getting to know everyone too :D GG forum is a little much for me most of the time... so its nice to come here instead <333

GreenDay: you mean the free simpoints on the store page? im always too lazy haha

Angel again: They are all so pretty/handsome!!! For some reason the second one looks like an Alice to me :D
    edited June 2013
    you guys- the offer for people to make banners for the front page is still open ;) just make sure it says "Sim and Modeling Chat Thread" xo
    edited June 2013
    I went ingame and made a Simself, however, just imagine this, but younger, and fatter. XDDD Naw I'm not THAT fat but I'm not as skinny as the simself.

Simselfpicture1.png
    This was what I wanted to be my signature but I also wanted to share it with you all.

Simselfpicture2.png
    This is just me testing my poses with my Simself and taking screenshots whilst I do so XD

Simselfpicture3.png
    I love this pose so much I believe it deserves two pictures :)
    edited June 2013
    Rina- your simself is beautiful! (and nothing wrong with making your simmies have a few "perks" hehe ;) )
    edited June 2013
    Thank you MissBrite!
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys :3! I was doing some screenies for MissBrite's Fairy CAS Contest and I fell on love with this one :)

Twins3_zpse5f0c408.jpg

Here's a song that I've been listening to while taking the screenies ^_^
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=-KlOodL9Gw4&feature=endscreen
  • popstar7popstar7 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited June 2013
    Great shot Angel! :)
    I have a few pictures of my own I would like to share,since I recently started to participate again.

For OUAT(Once Upon A Time) Cover:
    coverdonecompletedsharpenedresize_zpsd02aa93e.png

Through The Lens Mock Assignment at Unbound:
    c4177908-1654-4428-a2eb-719c1438ba42_zps87fb3cee.jpg
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
    edited June 2013
    Wow! Awesome cover! And thank you ^_^