Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Purchase Skylight Pieces separately? - Gurus, Answer Please?

Gurus,

Why can't we purchase the skylight pieces separately? I have no want or use for the other content bundled with this venue. I'd gladly pay 100SP apiece for the new build pieces, but I won't overpay by 1000SP just to get the 8 items I want. :(

I've noticed this is a trend in sets lately. Instead of bundling clothing and hair separately, they're all lumped in together with the decor items. I could care less about the clothing and hair, so I haven't been purchasing sets at all. Please consider going back to the old way of doing things and giving your customers more options. Offer the bundled sets for people who want them, but offer decor-only sets, too.

My two cents...

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited June 2013
    Gurus,

Why can't we purchase the skylight pieces separately? I have no want or use for the other content bundled with this venue. I'd gladly pay 100SP apiece for the new build pieces, but I won't overpay by 1000SP just to get the 8 items I want. :(

I've noticed this is a trend in sets lately. Instead of bundling clothing and hair separately, they're all lumped in together with the decor items. I could care less about the clothing and hair, so I haven't been purchasing sets at all. Please consider going back to the old way of doing things and giving your customers more options. Offer the bundled sets for people who want them, but offer decor-only sets, too.

My two cents...

Whaaaat? Oh wow. :? Well I guess I'm getting the venue for sure then. I figured the two PC items would not be available separate but I didn't think the same would apply to the skylight pieces.

Hook, line, sinker. :? :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would gladly pay 10 dollars just for the skylight peices alone. thats all I really care about.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited June 2013
    At the moment, I'd just like to buy the dance stuff. 500 points.

:(
    edited June 2013
    Too bad you two can't buy one set and split it up. :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited June 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Too bad you two can't buy one set and split it up. :lol:
    Yeah, let us split the cost and divide up the pieces :lol:
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am bummed about this too. In Sims 2 I always loved the ballet barre ..It sucks I have to spend 1700 points to get one item ..which I wont do..I really hate the way EA has handled Sims3
  • Richard0092Richard0092 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Did you check the ingame store? Probably they'll end up there for individual sale. :) At least that's what happened with the greenhouse roof pieces. :)
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited June 2013
    Ok EA I got $20 and all you gotta do is glass floor tiles. :D
  • r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited June 2013
    I just want the gym lockers (75 SP) :(
  • pandachutepandachute Posts: 589 New Member
    edited June 2013
    The annoying thing is, I already own at least 3 of the clothing items. The workout suit-like outfit, the skirt with mismatched leggings (which came in an EA Store set!), and the purple top with the zebra print.

How is that fair? Especially since I got the workout suit as a free item a year or so ago.
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2013
    pandachute wrote:
    The annoying thing is, I already own at least 3 of the clothing items. The workout suit-like outfit, the skirt with mismatched leggings (which came in an EA Store set!), and the purple top with the zebra print.

How is that fair? Especially since I got the workout suit as a free item a year or so ago.

the workout suit you got as a free item, from uploading memories is for YA/A the one in this venue is for teens. The skirt with the mismatched leggings in a previous set was for teens, this new one is for YA/A.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • pandachutepandachute Posts: 589 New Member
    edited June 2013
    pandachute wrote:

the workout suit you got as a free item, from uploading memories is for YA/A the one in this venue is for teens. The skirt with the mismatched leggings in a previous set was for teens, this new one is for YA/A.

:oops: Ohhh okay. That's sounds better now lol. I was thinking, "boy EA's getting cheap if they're recycling items". Thanks for letting me know :)
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited June 2013
    I was just going to get the hair but for some reason I don't see it sold separately????
  • r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited June 2013
    Items that come in venues are not sold separately; however, there's a slight chance you can purchase them in the in game store.
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2013
    Richi3f wrote:
    Items that come in venues are not sold separately; however, there's a slight chance you can purchase them in the in game store.

yup there is that chance, but they may or may not have reasonable prices on them. Isn't there some dress from the Cinema venue that is available in game, but it costs like 1,000 points? I think I remember seeing something about that a while ago.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2013
    From the replies I'm seeing (other than the first responder who has responded to the EA marketing ploy "hook, line, and sinker ;) ) the feeling that I'm getting is that MANY people would like the option to purchase items that appeal to them individually...

While I'm certain that the current bundling tactic is the result of some super-strategic marketing plan, I'm proposing that giving customers MORE options instead of fewer would actually result in more store sales. I, personally, am not purchasing sets at all anymore and am instead purchasing the few single decor items in a Superset (decor + fashion) that I'm most interested in. The SP amount I'm expending is smaller than a regular decor set was and MUCH smaller than the current bundled set prices.

Why not try out giving the customers more purchasing power in the form of choices and see what the result is? What could it hurt?
    edited June 2013
    I haven't taken the hook and sinker yet, though I can see my comments certainly made it seem like I was. :lol: Still debating. It's a purchase I need to think about because I'm just not as taken with the entire set as I thought I would be and the more I think about it the more I want to wait until it goes on a deal.

I do like those windows though and I would likely get them by themselves if they were by themselves.

Decisions, decisions. For the record this is the first venue released I haven't bought immediately (as in, the same day :shock: ) since I changed over to Sims 3.
  • LadyDragonairLadyDragonair Posts: 47 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I am sure they will be sold separately eventually. They have done that with previous sets.
  • MizzRoseBudMizzRoseBud Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2013
    I too like those windows ... but, I have 14 hot tubs, 3 treadmills and 2 exercise machines, plenty of different lamps (table, wall and floor) ... I really don't want more of these items, to clutter up my game.

If EA want me to buy from the Store, they should offer new stuff ... they added a yoga poster ... so why not a yoga mat ... instead of a hot tub, well I know why. A yoga mat would requier new animations, but a hot tub is just old wine in new a bottle.

I think I can live without those windows :)
  • angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    edited June 2013
    I too like those windows ... but, I have 14 hot tubs, 3 treadmills and 2 exercise machines, plenty of different lamps (table, wall and floor) ... I really don't want more of these items, to clutter up my game.

:shock: Only 14 hot tubs!! They put at least 14 in the Outdoor Living Stuff Pack alone.
    Of course I'm kidding. I agree with you completely.
    I'm also going to whine about the included male outfit...if you were going for "low budget, television, spaceship crew" then congratulations.
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited June 2013

If EA want me to buy from the Store, they should offer new stuff ... they added a yoga poster ... so why not a yoga mat ... instead of a hot tub, well I know why. A yoga mat would requier new animations, but a hot tub is just old wine in new a bottle.

I think I can live without those windows :)

I agree, MizzRoseBud. Another hot tub? Really?

Yoga would be nice.

The windows and roof pieces are the only thing that attract me to this set at all. I watched a video someone posted on YouTube of the Sims in the dance studio and that will get old real fast.

It would be so cool to be able to combine the meditation skill and martial arts from WA with Yoga. That, I could have fun with.

h2xmsbl]
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited June 2013
    :shock: Only 14 hot tubs!! They put at least 14 in the Outdoor Living Stuff Pack alone.
    Of course I'm kidding. I agree with you completely.
    I'm also going to whine about the included male outfit...if you were going for "low budget, television, spaceship crew" then congratulations.

"low budget, television, spaceship crew" LMAO! :lol:
    h2xmsbl]
  • HessethRanHessethRan Posts: 1,522 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would have also liked to get the roof pieces and window separately. The rest of the stuff doesn't really appeal to me, so I can't justify the expense. However, I would have gladly shelled for the build items because I could have used them in a good number of builds.

Disappointed, to say the least :( To clarify, I know that venue items aren't sold separately for a long time, but I'm disappointed that you chose to bundle these specific items with an expensive venue instead of offering them as a regular set.
    My Origin ID: RoseElsing
  • MizzRoseBudMizzRoseBud Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh, I am so glad that I am not alone with this problem/issue/thing - maybe someone here wouldn't agree with me, but I think that this is a case of Less Is More ... meaning fewer but better items. And if you absolutely have to clutter a set, why not some ballerina shoes, to wear or to hang at the wall (like the ones we had in TS2/Freetime) instead of a hot tub or a treadmill ... geez

Okay, I will stop ranting now ... think I got it all off my cheast
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like a good idea to me, though the venue looks nice also. I could probably do o.k. without the clothes, hair, and premium item. But the skylights are what caught my eye.