Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited October 2012
    *Deleted Double Post*
    edited October 2012
    *Deleted Double Post*
    edited October 2012
    My Limited Edition Graham's Pet Shop has stopped working! It has worked since the day I downloaded it a year ago, it's still in my downloads and says that it's installed, but when I recently went to add it to some of my new games, it's not anywhere in the Community Lot buildings! What is going on?! I really loved the Pet Shop. :(
  • bluepuppypawsbluepuppypaws Posts: 96 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Ea is so mean. I bought my thing in like, August, and I called them about my pet shop about, 25 times, and they just LIED! I hope they're reading this, because I went to THREE of the same store in different places looking for only limited edition Pets, and when I found it, it didn't work. I hope they know how mad I am, because this is just sad. I tried to buy the thing from the exchange, but it didn't work. I'm gonna try to call them once more, but they'll probably do nothing about it, just like the FIRST 25 times. :cry:
    edited November 2012
    Hey guys! So, I know my last post said that they "lied" and stuff, but I contacted them twice more, and the last person I contacted said that the reason why we didn't get our Pet Shops or registers was because they broke down, just like the people who got them reported. He said they never put it back up, and so he offered me something for limited edition that had not broken down or something. It was just a paining, but I think it was enough. Just contact them about it and maybe they'll give you the same code I got. Hope this helped, to the people who are still reading these messages! :wink:
  • Kaci12190Kaci12190 Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Hey everyone!

I've been a Sims player since the original came out...I now play the Sims 3 and was eagerly awaiting the Pets expansion pack. When it came out a couple years ago, I installed it straight away and was thoroughly disappointed with the graphics...like others seemed to have posted back then, my pets were all deformed with eyes coming out of the body and their chins down to the ground.. I was so disappointed and frustrated that I just gave up playing the Sims... Now, as I have been signed off work due to long-term sickness, I miss having the Sims to play in my spare time... did anything get resolved about the Pets deformity? I really dont want to play the game without any pets! :-(
  • liampaynesturtleliampaynesturtle Posts: 21
    edited November 2012
    I got pets limited addition and I put in the code for the pet shop but it was never in my game or anything. I've looked every where! Help?
  • Rael_BarclayRael_Barclay Posts: 82 Member
    edited December 2012
    My pet shop isn’t showing up anymore in the community lot options. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for any help.
  • Loki_KiwiLoki_Kiwi Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    just got done talking with someone from origin help chat and he said they hope to have the bug for the pet shop fixed in the next patch or two so we can hope that they do fix it!
  • Banky007Banky007 Posts: 3,545 New Member
    edited December 2012
    D'oh!!! I only have the standard edition :lol:
  • paublinapaublina Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    It seems that not many people have gotten a reply as to why their Pet Shop isn't working or why they don't have it. I have been e-mailing EA back and forth for a few months now and the final reply was that they have permanently removed the Pet Shop everywhere because they were having problems with Sims getting stuck inside and what not. Instead of giving me the Pet Shop (because it's removed from the game) they gave me 500 Sim Points.

In short, you should e-mail EA about it and complain enough and they will probably give you some compensation like they did with me (500 Sim Points). It takes a long time though (a few months) for them to respond to you.

It's kind of sad that I never got to use the Pet Shop, but at least I got something in return for me buying the Limited Edition.

Good luck everyone!
  • SunsettsunriseSunsettsunrise Posts: 179 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I bought the sims 3 pets and it was released a year ago and somehow I got the pet shop....
  • LordMartockLordMartock Posts: 14 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I bought the pets edition for my ps3 and was given a code for 10 unique pets. When I loaded the game and tried to connect to the EA servers...I keep getting a message "cannot connect to EA servers". Are the servers still up...or were they never turned on?
  • DarinkimDarinkim Posts: 36
    edited March 2013
    Can I get the sims 3 pets limited edition in origin?
    Can you give me a link?
    edited April 2013
    Kaci12190 wrote:
    Hey everyone!

I've been a Sims player since the original came out...I now play the Sims 3 and was eagerly awaiting the Pets expansion pack. When it came out a couple years ago, I installed it straight away and was thoroughly disappointed with the graphics...like others seemed to have posted back then, my pets were all deformed with eyes coming out of the body and their chins down to the ground.. I was so disappointed and frustrated that I just gave up playing the Sims... Now, as I have been signed off work due to long-term sickness, I miss having the Sims to play in my spare time... did anything get resolved about the Pets deformity? I really dont want to play the game without any pets! :-(
    I don't know if anyone replied this yet or not, (because I didn't really have time to read the others,) but I used to have the same problem, and all I needed to do to fix it was turn on advanced rendering, or something like that. Hope this still helped somehow! :D
    edited April 2013
    My pet shop isn’t showing up anymore in the community lot options. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for any help.
    Hi there! I contacted them a while ago and they said they completely removed it from the game because of technical difficulties or something. They apparently are trying to fix it, I'm not sure if they'll actually be able to, considering how E.A. still has lots more expansions to look forward to: Island Paradise, Time Travel, etc. But, anyway, hope this somewhat helped you! :)
    edited April 2013
    Darinkim wrote:
    Can I get the sims 3 pets limited edition in origin?
    Can you give me a link?
    Well, you cant ever get limited edition pets now, because it has already expired a little while ago, but you can still get the normal edition, or whatever, and if you do get the normal version, if you register it online, you can get a free set with a new pet bed. Hope this helped! :)
  • DracathioDracathio Posts: 81
    edited April 2013
    ...nvm
  • RiverfangwarriorRiverfangwarrior Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2014
    Post edited by Riverfangwarrior on
  • Cheryl23Cheryl23 Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    I Don't know if someone ask this before... but why couldn't we buy pets in the pet store?
    We can buy the items in the pet store but not the pet itself, as i don'treally like the selection of pets in the adoption place, i would rather choose the breed/type of pet myself like in sims 2..
    How i wish we were able to do that!
  • MusicalDutyMusicalDuty Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    Ive already buyed Sims 3 Pets. Is there a way I could get the limited edition without uninstalling my whole game? If not, Ill just go with the regular expansion.
  • cshafercshafer Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Where is the Pet Store on the Map or how do you see it? My game says that it is installed but i can't find it? Please help ASAP!
  • pandachutepandachute Posts: 589 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I ordered a brand new copy of Limited Edition Pets off eBay last week, already received and the Pet Store is installing right now! So it still works!!
  • georgeopolisgeorgeopolis Posts: 475 Member
    edited June 2013
    pandachute wrote:
    I ordered a brand new copy of Limited Edition Pets off eBay last week, already received and the Pet Store is installing right now! So it still works!!

OMG. I am so happy! I have bought it from eBay, brand new, too, and waiting for it to arrive. I thought I will not be able to get the Limited Edition content, but when I saw your comment, I became so excited!!!

P.S. Sorry, people, who wanted to buy that Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition Brand New game, I was the first one anyway.

YAY YAY YAY! Thrilled and happy!

By the way, did you have to install it in some other way than usual?
  • DonaldActionDonaldAction Posts: 21
    edited July 2013
    @cshafer

It's in the community lots library. You have to place it in the town every time you start a new game.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top