Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

smoothyrus129's THANK YOU post, now thanking: smashbridges20, mattnjenn05, & Nanatorium

Comments

• ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited September 2012
    you're welcome. I had a great time. I'm thinking of doing it again, since it's a long holiday weekend in the States.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited September 2012
    To AznSensei: Thank you for the potted orchids! I love them, and will probably find some way to decorate every sim house with them from now on, lol. :)
    edited September 2012
    To scrapper42: thank you for the plant, and for the note that accompanied it. The flowers did brighten my morning: I got the notification of my gift while I was eating breakfast, and I was tired and sore and being kicked in the ribs by my coming-soon snugabunny, and seeing the flowers that were waiting to be downloaded made me smile. :)
    edited September 2012
    To CasaundraKay: thank you for the dress for my teen sims. :) More prom dress options, woo!
  • CasaundraKayCasaundraKay Posts: 456 New Member
    edited September 2012
    To CasaundraKay: thank you for the dress for my teen sims. :) More prom dress options, woo!
    :)
    edited September 2012
    To CasaundraKay (again!): thank you for the dress and all the toddler things! I'll have my sim dress up in the nice formal gown for a night on the town while her husband stays at home to play with the toddler and all the new toys. ;)
  • CasaundraKayCasaundraKay Posts: 456 New Member
    edited September 2012
    To CasaundraKay (again!): thank you for the dress and all the toddler things! I'll have my sim dress up in the nice formal gown for a night on the town while her husband stays at home to play with the toddler and all the new toys. ;)
    Told you I was gonna bury you XDDDD
    edited September 2012
    Running a little behind on thanks here! :X Oops.

To will2586, thank you for the hair. becomingjenn, thank you for splitting your lottery winnings with me, you really didn't have to. :)

To MacyQueen, thank you for the fruit bowl, but I thought the giftaholics anonymous post was supposed to be a safe place. :( Regardless, I do love it and will definitely make use of it in decorating. :)

To xvkiweevx, thank you for the wall shelf, my sim toddlers won't know what to do with themselves! Though again, I thought posting in the giftaholics anonymous thread was a safe place! Just you wait ...

To Seascape, thank you for the Foot Massage Chair and the Snugabunny Swing. My sim mommies and toddlers thank you, as well! And I wish I had those in real life, too, lol!

To becomingjenn (again), you hit me (I've been Lavendered?!) as I was updating this thread! Thank you for the gumball machine, though I'm sure that if Sims 3 had dentists, they wouldn't be thanking you, because my sim kids and teens are SO going to have a new favorite item now.

(I hope this posts now ... I wrote this up this morning, but kept getting the baby in the dishwasher!)
    edited October 2012
    to Rubysim: Thank you for sharing your prize in the Elemental Sims CAS Contest with me. :) That was really sweet of you. (I see you have a studio, it may be wRECked at some point soon ... just a warning. :D)

to Ashaela: Thank you for the Reach for the Heavens plant, I will definitely use it to make my sims' houses a little bit prettier. :)

(Also, a general thank you to everyone who wished me well, my little snugabunny was born happy and healthy on Friday, Sept 28, and he's currently sleeping in his little napper beside the bed I'm currently reclining on. Thank goodness for laptops ... I may not be able to get into the game on this computer, but at least I can surf the 'net.)
    edited October 2012
    To scrapper42: thank you for the plant! My sims' homes will be extra-nicely decorated now!
    edited February 2013
    Thank you to brandi22 for hosting the fun wheel of fortune game!

And thank you to koko_popsicle for sponsoring Aurora Skies Gold. I can't wait to hop in game next and check out this amazing new world!
    edited March 2013
    So ... here I was, minding my own business earlier this month.

WHAM. From out of nowhere came a coffee table. Rubbing myself, I checked the gift tag and saw that it came from Mushy the Magical 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Shepherd. That's what I get for forgetting that everyone who was playing Clue was going to get attacked.

So I continue minding my own business, slowly getting more back into the swing of the forums, when AGAIN out of nowhere ... WHAM. I got hit by a cute little elephant with flowers on its back (lovely bit of decor it is). I've been lavendered! by the lovely Jenn! Sneaky one, she is.

Well, I dust myself off, continue plotting revenge, and continue on my way. AND THEN, yet again I am hit out of nowhere, WHAM! A little coffee tray with books and a little vase of daisies. Gift tag says it's from Gigidawn, and I don't know what I ever did to her!

I'm getting quite a collection of bruises here! But still, I go about my own business.

And then. AND THEN.

This morning, I'm just checking my e-mail while feeding my baby.

And then the sky started getting dark.

Nervously, I looked around. What was going on?

KABLAM!

Azara67 dropped a world on me! Out of NOWHERE!

I'm still coughing up the desert sand that came with Lucky Palms.

(Thank you all, though. Seriously. :) :shock: ... I WILL GET MY REVENGE EVENTUALLY! YOU WILL RUE THE DAY! YOU WILL BE CAKED, AND CAKED GOOD!)
    edited May 2013
    So, I'm a little behind on my thanking of people. :oops: Several of these thanks are for things I'd won in lotteries / contests, so while I'm thanking the person who is actually listed in my purchase history as being the gifter, if it is something I won in a contest/lottery, I'm also thanking the person who hosted the contest/lottery or nominated me. :)

To smashbridges20 (fellow MMASS DESTRUCTION team member!): thank you for the lovely dresses (Here to Stay Club Dress and Forgive Me Not Club Dress). My sim ladies will definitely be hitting the town, looking *fab*

To Shrill, thank you for The Faye ladies hairstyle, Curly Tuft tot hairstyle, Break Your Dark Heart ladies top, All the Things Skirt Set teen bottoms, Peter's Safari Mobile, and Animal Friends Wall Shelf V.4. So much new CAS stuff, and more to add to my jungle-themed nurseries!

To brandi22, thank you for the Lovely Luminosity, Movie Star Jacket, and Plants In Glass. I've already used the plants in a contest build, and I love the lamp and outfit, too!

To blunote00, thank you for The Brigitte ladies hairstyle. I'm kind of a sucker for getting new ladies' hair.

To BambooEaterrr, thank you for the Cinna-Sweet Hair Rolls tot hairstyle. My little lady tots are going to be extra super-adorable now!

To DangerDanger, thank you for the Vintage Smock, it is definitely just way too cute!

To SeriphinaFyie, thank you for the Jungle Cheer wall decor, more for my awesome jungle nurseries!

To Jessabeans, thank you for The Blake hairstyle, it's even lovelier than the picture showed.

To emiie10, thank you again for the Country Livin' set, I love my chickens (especially the little baby chicks!)

To envira_x, thank you for the Frost Bite Pro Ice Cream Machine ... I've been wanting that thing for ages! Now my sims can have freshly made ice cream whenever they want ... I just have to keep telling myself that they probably shouldn't have it for EVERY meal.

To Shrill (again!), thank you for the Buzzer Beater Free Throw Machine and Rim Rockin' Basketball Hoop. I was absolutely 75% asleep this morning when I was checking my email while feeding my snugabunny, and I was absolutely boggled when I saw that I'd received two gifts overnight! It was a lovely thing to wake up to, even though I had to double-check a few times to make sure I was reading it right (75% asleep, remember).

And just a general thank you to EVERYONE here on the GG forum. Ever since I started hanging out over here, I have been in complete awe of the sheer amount of generosity and absolute NICENESS that I have seen here, which is sort of rare on any kind of internet forum. Thank you for accepting me into your wonderful, happy fold. :)
    edited May 2013
    I didn't have a chance to check my mail before bed last night, or this morning before my mom and I took a walk with my baby in the stroller.

But you know, I was feeling a bit ... sandy through it all. Like maybe, even though it was overcast during our walk, the sun was shining anyway.

And then I checked my mail and discovered why.

ErinAwesome101 had dropped an island on my head! Thank you muchly, for hosting such a generous lottery! :)
  • ErinAwesome101ErinAwesome101 Posts: 676 Member
    edited May 2013
    I didn't have a chance to check my mail before bed last night, or this morning before my mom and I took a walk with my baby in the stroller.

But you know, I was feeling a bit ... sandy through it all. Like maybe, even though it was overcast during our walk, the sun was shining anyway.

And then I checked my mail and discovered why.

ErinAwesome101 had dropped an island on my head! Thank you muchly, for hosting such a generous lottery! :)

:lol:
    edited June 2013
    Oh my god, you guys, I'm going to cry. :cry: I entered the plead your case lottery and did my begging (which normally I hate, but if the lottery asks for it ...), and not long after I posted my beg did I get an e-mail notification of a gift from the store. The absolutely lovely Dorymae gifted me the Serenity Retreat venue! Seriously, I sat here and stared at her lovely message and felt the tears well up in my eyes. Dory, you are an absolute angel! Thank you so much. :) If I wasn't headed to bed right now, I'd add it to my game and play it forever, but that will have to wait until tomorrow, now. :)
  • DorymaeDorymae Posts: 570 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad you like it. Like I said I remember those days well! They don't last forever and they are precious in their own way. :wink: Have a great night.
    edited June 2013
    To Stafuny: thank you muchly for the Compass Clock! :D I'm glad you liked my suggestions for things to do this summer.

To Nanatorium: thank you for the Show Stopping Style- Banging Hairstyle! My sims love getting new hairs. :)
    edited June 2013
    Dorymae wrote:
    I'm glad you like it. Like I said I remember those days well! They don't last forever and they are precious in their own way. :wink: Have a great night.

Oh, they're absolutely precious, I agree. So precious that just job hunting has me torn: I know we could use the extra money to build up a buffer in case something happens, but at the same time, I don't want to give my son to someone else to raise just so I can work ... I'd miss everything! (Like yesterday, he was sitting on my lap and used my desk to pull himself to standing! At eight and a half months! If I'd been working, I'd have missed it.)
  • NanatoriumNanatorium Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited June 2013
    To Stafuny: thank you muchly for the Compass Clock! :D I'm glad you liked my suggestions for things to do this summer.

To Nanatorium: thank you for the Show Stopping Style- Banging Hairstyle! My sims love getting new hairs. :)

You're very welcome! It's a very cute hair... one of my faves. I hope you enjoy it just as much! <3
    edited June 2013
    Nanatorium wrote:

You're very welcome! It's a very cute hair... one of my faves. I hope you enjoy it just as much! <3

I gave it to the new sim I was creating last night, and I love it! It's so much more awesome than the picture makes it seem. (I really hope that in the Sims 4 store [we all know they're gonna do it] they give us the option to see hair & clothes & such from multiple angles.)
  • StafunyStafuny Posts: 869 Member
    edited June 2013

Thank you for being so entertaining!
    edited June 2013
    Stafuny wrote:

Thank you for being so entertaining!

I'm always happy to provide entertainment, it's what I do. :)
    edited June 2013
    To smash: I wasn't even kidding: you actually made me cry with your gift of the Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts.

And here's why: ever since I was a tiny little thing (... okay, tinier and littler), I have loved to dance. All through elementary school, I was on the district-wide dance team (we were invited to perform in Disneyland's Magic Music Days every summer), all through high school I got my PE & Fine Arts credits through dance classes. I didn't walk around the house, I danced. Usually to the music in my head. A lot of the time, I can't listen to music without a routine choreographing itself in my head for me.

But my senior year of high school, I busted my knees in dance class. I was able to get through the year, but the damage was done. I still can't run for more than a spurt, I can't sit in one position for too long without my knees aching, I can manage one (maybe two) flight of stairs at a go, and any kind of hiking is even more of a challenge. And dance, unfortunately, is pretty much right out.

In college, I took a social dance class, which was easy enough on my knees to not be too problematic, but in my head I can still do leaps and turns and tear up the dance floor.

So when I saw the new venue's PC was all about dance, my heart ached. No part of my body misses dance more than my heart does.

So thank you, smash, for letting my sims soar and glide across the dance floor where I can't. <3
    edited June 2013
    And to mattnjenn05: thank you for the boat. :) I have a new sim living on a houseboat in Isla Paradiso, and the miniature sailboat will look lovely in her home-on-the-sea.