Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims4 Paintings and Posters

I have a really simple request for Sims4... it's something that the Custom Content community (including myself) has been doing for years, but EA has only recently adopted on a limited scale - Please, please, please offer more than one image option on paintings and posters. Pretty please with sugar on top :D

For those of us that love using the program to create homes and interior designs, this would be HUGE. (And I'm sure that it would be appreciated by more traditional players as well)

Anyone else agree?

Comments

• ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited June 2013
    indeed. I would also like to be able to to randomize (like we have now) or choose what my sim paints at an easel. Like when you click on the easel you could pick your size, then pick a picture to paint out of a list of thumbnails or whatever, then choose what style and then see a preview before your sim starts to paint. Or you could simply select "paint" or whatever and let your sim choose themselves like they currently do. I hate it when I'm trying to get my sim to paint things that I actually want to display but all he keeps producing is some really ugly picture or it's in that annoying cubist style. SO my poor simmie has to keep scraping and restarting painting after painting until I can tell he's working on something acceptable lol. Finally I would also like to be able to choose frame style :)
  • EmpressYuuKnowEmpressYuuKnow Posts: 261
    edited June 2013
    I wish you could color the ACTUAL picture, like with the classic silhouettes I want to be able to make it pink or baby blue or whatever color I would like.
  • BoggygirlBoggygirl Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2013
    I wish you could color the ACTUAL picture, like with the classic silhouettes I want to be able to make it pink or baby blue or whatever color I would like.

I wish that, too! And I also miss being able to have my sim paint JPGs that I created. I really liked the idea about choosing the size and the image. I have seen some crazy art come from my sim!
  • abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    edited June 2013
    My biggest wish for TS4: fully customizable artwork. Use your own images, choose different sizes and frame choices. That would be SO AMAZING!

Even being able to have more colorable channels in the EA-created abstract artwork would be a welcome change. There is one painting in Seasons that you can change the colors on and I about fell out of my chair in excitement when I found it.

When making my Sims' homes, I get SO TIRED of seeing the same-old paintings--ugh. And even the same old in-game created artwork gets old. We really need full customization in this regard. Please, please, pretty please.... :)
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!