Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited June 2013
    I haven't tried any other worlds yet, but changing the options did nothing, and definitely don't have any mods or CC, (far too advanced and or weird looking for me). I don't know what my graphics card or driver is, do you know if there's a way I can find this information out?
  • DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited June 2013
    YellowJane wrote:
    Hi just wanted to thank personally DawnLBrown, when I was having problems updating 1.50 she posted the link to Nichadaemus's thread witht he manuel link in it, I really appreciate it thank you :)

You're very welcome!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2013
    I haven't tried any other worlds yet, but changing the options did nothing, and definitely don't have any mods or CC, (far too advanced and or weird looking for me). I don't know what my graphics card or driver is, do you know if there's a way I can find this information out?

In your DxDiag. You can just post the part about your graphic card here but please, don't post the whole thing. I'll add the issue for now to see if others also have that.

----

Calling it a night. See you all in the morning.

== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ==
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2013
    Firstly im annoyed I had to reinstall the whole **** game as the patch scrwed the entire game, yes I removed the mods and blah blah, however what im writing here is really strange, because I have reinstalled I opened the launcher it installed everything as it took ages but on looking in my DCCache it has alot of tmp files which I havent seen before and my folder has jumped from 9gb to 11gb?
  • Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have no mods and no cc (other than a tested world)

Lots of store content

Tried to move my family from a custom neighbor hood to Dragonvale after getting the option when opening the save, now I can't save or edit town... I get the warning/error in the top right window saying
    "You cannot save the game or use Edit Town mode while your family is traveling"
    I played for a while to see if a taxi or something would come, but nothing happened

I don't know how to cancel the move or finish moving

Edit: there seems to be a problem with any pre patch save that you try to move... Not just from a custom world, there are others with the same problem in the forum
  • angelbeauty630angelbeauty630 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same issue with not being able to move my family to a new town. either nothing happens or i get a notice box saying "due to unforeseen events your move has been canceled"
    edited June 2013
    After hours of trying to get this game to work I went to my saved world, my mouse will not click here for the sim to go or when I click on the water nothing, the launcher is very slow at loading and I have a powerful pc, this has never happened since the patch and like ive said have they done something to the launcher to have so many tmp files in your dccache?
  • Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same issue with not being able to move my family to a new town. either nothing happens or i get a notice box saying "due to unforeseen events your move has been canceled"

How long until your move was canceled?
    edited June 2013
    Update - reset all my settings deleted all my saved games, restarted the game and still my mouse will not work, I can click on a fridge fine etc but if I try to click on the sea again nothing or make my sim go here nothing, what the hell is wrong EA. I have been at this for hours, since the release of this patch my game has gone bang. I unistalled/reinstalled and now this.
  • MCarollMCaroll Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2013
    So I re-installed the hole game, and when I start the simulation mode the game begins with lags and then its freezes.

So no luck with the re-installing. I have no more ideas, since I have removed all my mods, and my computer is pretty good for the game.

Is it possible they will release another patch?!
    Or something I have forgot, or maybe is there anyway I can remove the new patch?!
  • Sneakyfour20Sneakyfour20 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Greetings,

To add my two bits to the fire...

everything was great last night, installed the patch and not the simulation is lagged out, and trying to move a house or household into the bin never stops processing.

I have seen this type of simulation lag before, well all the time, at 5am sim time, when the plants grow. The animation for the effects (ex. fire, smoke, sprinklers) still do their thing, but clicking on thing has a delay for the menu to pop up and the sims are jerky in their animations and actions, but that clears up and currently it is 6pm in my save.

As for the lots not saving to the bin, I am lost on that one.

I really don't want to have to reinstall everything to be able to play again, so maybe release or post a patch here that will revert 1.55 for now... please
  • LinkLink Posts: 76 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Not fixed by patch: the Firefighter career glitch introduced in 1.50. Basically most houses, when selected to spawn a 'small house fire,' will just drop the emergency. The Sim can't get another opportunity that day so it is wasted, making the early levels of the career difficult to do.

See also:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/215674.page, http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675952.page,
    and a test I did in Aurora Skies here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/648124.page
  • DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Update Error Invalid File, here we go again. Why does it do this every time now? This started a few patches ago and now it's every time I try to update. It doesn't tell me what the file is and the update is moving so fast putting in files that I can't see where it stops because it just stops and disappears and then gives me that error.

Why do I have to download the update again as well? The stupid thing takes like ten minutes to download and then it starts and runs and is doing whatever it does and and then it stops. Then I have to try and figure out what is making it error and then download again. Do I have the download on my computer somewhere so I don't have to redownload?

Please tell me what info you require to help me figure this out, thanks.
  • daciasildaciasil Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2013
    One thing you can do if you are getting the 'invalid file' error is to patch manually instead of through the launcher. You can try using the super patch, which is pretty huge at 1.3 gigabytes, but it will definitely work. You can get manual patch for 1.55 here: http://simsvip.com/2013/06/18/sims-3-game-update-1-55-61813/
    Good luck :)
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited June 2013
    i did not get the bed in the patch
  • bngbedardbngbedard Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2013
    My game freezes for about seconds to minutes. The animation (like the zzzz or smoke) still moves. I just can't click on anything because it is frozen.

This has happened before when my sim is pregnant and about to give birth. The game that it is doing it in there is a pregnant sim. It is my legacy game so this game is OLD...like years old. This game, it started from the very beginning of her pregnancy not just when she is giving birth. I actually moved her out of the household thinking that will help but it is still doing it. I have a brand new computer and my game was playing fine until the update.

I took out my mod folder (just cc packages are in it. no mods) and ran the game w/ cc turned off and started a brand new game and it played beautifully. I didn't; however, play until a sim was pregnant. I added everything back and played again, and it still played fine. It's just my legacy game. I will be so sad if I have to start this again. I'm at 8th generation.

Any ideas?? Oh, I also checked to make sure my video card was up to date and it is.

Edit: I also did resetsim* and nothing.
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited June 2013
    If this is a place where we can post glitches from the patch I've got one that I believe is new. I posted it in the IP section of the forums but I'll repost it here.
    Building a stilted foundation on a second story or above while holding down "shift" causes the stilts to disappear, leaving a floating platform. No cheats required.

I'd post a picture but I don't have an account on any picture hosting site, so if anyone else would like to post a picture please do.

Best I could tell we're supposed to report glitches from the patch here, if I'm wrong please just disregard this entire post, haha.

In case you'd like to see this here is my original post:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686932.page

*edit*
    Sorry I didn't see this, would you like me to answer these questions? I'll just go ahead and answer them.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    no.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    ^^^see above answer
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    never used them.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    ^^^see above answer
    5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ?
    just the patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    the number says 1.55.4.022001 (I don't know how much of that you need to know)
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    playing an existing one
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    I'm playing a sim I made, in a game I already had saved.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA-Riverview
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD

I'm pretty sure this glitch will happen with most people... but I have no idea.
  • TimWatson224TimWatson224 Posts: 442 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Well, since I installed the patch I tried out the move towns option. the town loaded faster surprisingly but I cant move the camera. I tried to move my mouse over to move it but no luck.

Edit: Fixed it
  • RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2013
    Howdy Gang!

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? None
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) It's been at least two patches since the last time I had mods in.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Patch for now
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.55
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing Sims, Existing Family at the 20 week mark.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sunset Valley
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7 64
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

Please answer the following questions with every bug report

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home World

Issue: Vampire toddler just took 9 tries to learn the potty. Took over 9 hours to learn xylophone in the library. This is not normal in anyway. It's like the exact opposite of the learning skill where it was insanely fast.

Edit: Toddler in new game that has not been effected by the previous "fast skilling bug" seemed to learn normally.

Also did not get the bed in the patch. Used one that came with launcher and not SuperPatch.
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi Crin,
    Just wanted to say thank you to you and all who are helping with this thread. It is much appreciated. Still pretty busy, I haven't installed the patch but will be doing so in a few minutes. Thanks again! :)
  • tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited June 2013
    @crin: No mods in, fresh game in a custom world.
  • prettyminotaurprettyminotaur Posts: 262 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I've installed the patch. Playing pre-patch save, and my Sims can literally not stop peeing. Like, they will try to use the toilet multiple times, but their Bladder bar won't fill up. I tried to have a wedding, and everyone peed everywhere. It was insane.

I'm also experiencing serious lag since installing the patch. Running a MacBook Air.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have noticed two different issues that have started up after I installed this patch and they are.

When either a sim takes a bath/shower, woo-hoos in the shower or uses the tolet, the pixels are really dark, and huge.

With University came the ability to take a picture with a friend with their cell phone. They meet up with each other, and just stand there, until I cancel out this interaction. So far I have tried the Romantic picture and it seems to take. I feel that this really needs to be looked at, because my sim always do this on their own, and I am constantly canceling out so that they can go on with their lives. This issue also started up after I installed the patch.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2013
    First, please don't rant in here. There are many posts which are a bit rantish. I get that you're upset if things aren't working but I'm trying my best here to help here and rants want to make me skip your post. Remember: I don't work for EA.

Also please post your information. Many have not. Technical issues go in technical, Ceejay has set up a thread for that: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/684535.page

blueRuler.jpg

@midge719: Did you try the factory reset on the first page ?

@Katty0, angelbeauty630: I'll add

@MCaroll: Please post your specs in tech. You can make your own thread there or post in here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/684535.page

Also try the factory reset if you haven't done so.

@Sneakyfour20: Try factory reset and start a new game to see if the issue continues

@Link: I'll add to not fixed

@DaletheSim: Use Superpatch as daciasil suggested

@Jenieusa: I think it's supposed to be in buyDebug. Did you check there ?

@bngbedard: If it's just that one savegame then something is laggy about that. Maybe it's the Sim itself, maybe it's something in town. All I can recommend is using ErrorTrap (which is updated) or Overwatch (which isn't yet so wait with that) and see if it helps matters. Make a backup of your game before trying.

@asdfthesims: You're fine here. I'll add the issue.

Picture would be great. If you can mail me one, I can upload. Email address can be found in my blog: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/ under About - How to contact

@TimWatson224: Glad you did :)

@Ricalynn: Hey yourself. Did you check buyDebug for the bed ? I'll add it for now since this is the second report. I'll add the other issue. Could be that previously affected Sims have the issue now.

@janvel831: :)

@tea_and_blues: Thanks. I've added the issue. Can you shed some light on the new CAW version for me ? Someone said there's a new version but with a lower version number ? Any issues with it ?

@prettyminotaur: Try resetting all Sims in your town to see if it gets better. Lags can have something to do with the bladder issue if the whole town is affected. Can you try a new game to see if you have the same issue. Also are you using mods in your game ?

@LaBlue0314: Could you post a pic of the pixels ? Could you answer the questions in the second post ? Any mods ? Existing game ? Same issue on new game ?

=== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ===
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited June 2013
    Did try factory settings, uninstalled the whole lot again and again, give up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top