Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Love everyone's screeshots! :3
    I've kinda been lazy where sims is concerned, but I'll probably install the HQ mod tomorrow, as I don't have much on. >.<
  • BlackStar42BlackStar42 Posts: 451 New Member
    edited June 2013
    JKS- I love that picture you used for SNTFM! It is amazing! Thanks for the awesome tip! I'm about to do two more mock assignments, I am in way to many competitions, and that will help alot!

Also, I downloaded the free cam mod and I'm about to go in game to try it! :mrgreen:

Also, I am going to take a headshot of my currently favorite Sim then decide if I need the HQ mod or not. (It just seems to complicated to download...)
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited June 2013
    @ BlackStar - The free cam mod is a life saver. You can get so many nice angles and it's just amazing. <3

The HQ mod isn't a mod, to be honest. It's an update resource.cfg file. I'd try AWT's mod if you're worried of updating it.

Download the zip, extract it (as you would with CC), then double click on the icon that appears. All you need to do then is set the HQ mod "on" and choose what texture range you want. It applies all the settings for you! :)

Edit: forgot to add - thanks so much for the compliment on my entry to SNTFM. That's my favourite sim of all time. XD
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    great tips guys <33

be sure to check out my Fairy Games Modeling Competition <33 :D
  • NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited June 2013
    star did you see my tips
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2013
    I have spent so much time in game today. Omg.

I recreated my simself and have found that she pulls the best expressions I have ever seen on a sim, it's hilarious. XD

9078711317_7beee7e2e7_c.jpg

9078720263_97df004450_c.jpg
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    Omg, I love the second expression! :mrgreen:
    edited June 2013
    JKS- I love her!! <333 i always love your sims eyes :) and the second picture made me giggle ^__^

the expression reminds me of the teaser image for the sims 4 haha
    edited June 2013
    🐸🐸🐸🐸!

Thanks MissBrite and Angel_Zarr! I have to post one more picture because it makes me giggle so much. This image is so awkward and unsexy, it's totally me. XD

Here's some of my sims using the pose correctly:

8635973898_75039463fb_c.jpg
    8959176231_6a409da6a4_c.jpg

And here's my simself's attempt:

9080984646_591287262d_c.jpg

She looks like she's going to eat someone, rather than looking attractive. 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    edited June 2013
    it all looks like their tounge is asleep or like this

s-Her-tongue-is-too-big-for-her-mouth(1).jpg
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2013
    omg hahaha i lol'd! (still giggling) she's still cute though!

ps- i always loved that cemetery shot! i still feel bad for using the same dress >_< *sigh*
    edited June 2013
    Oh My Goshh! XDD!! She's still cute though ^-^
  • SassyDanaSassyDana Posts: 2,375 Member
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    I like the third one ^_^
    Thanks! :D

Also, just thought I'd share a pic of a sim I made for my little brother! He asked me to make a weird looking sim, I think it turned out looking almost like a goblin of some sort, lol!
    [IMG]http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s568/GreenDayGirlForever/Screenshot-223_zpsf014a755.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

I've been lurking for a bit and I just wanted to say I LOVE HIM!
    I just love sometimes letting go in the sims and just have fun in CAS.

I'm actually doing a prettacy right now (on tumblr) and the founders are quite . . interesting. XD

JustKeepSimming: If your simself is close to accurate then you are one gorgeous girl! omg so pretty! I also like that swimsuit shot, just love that background! (oh and the quality of the water gawsh such great graphics) <3

110zzsw.gif
    edited June 2013
    SassyDana- <33 glad to see you pop in!! xo

i'd love to see your founders ;)
  • natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited June 2013
    JKS, I absolutely love your screenshots and your simself! Gorgeous :XD:
    edited June 2013
    8877196125_908e0b50f5_o.jpg

my simself
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2013
    stunning ninja!! you guys have inspired me to make a sim self... tomorrow. ^__<

<--biggest procrastinator ever.
    edited June 2013
    i really have red hair tips too lol
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2013
    your sim self is really beautiful, especially in full size :D im so jealysauce of your skills
  • unluckykoneko16unluckykoneko16 Posts: 356 Member
    edited June 2013
    More headshot tips! 8D

In cameraman mode, hold shift and a to rotate the camera so that your sim appears in a horizontal position.

I hope this makes sense and helps someone XD

Oh my gosh yes! :D This totally helped me! Thanks soooo much Swimmin! :D
    edited June 2013
    i hope my tips helped anyone, i posted the same thing about rotating camera for bodyshot
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2013
    You helped me a lot Ninja! I'm excited to go in game and try a few new things thanks to you! :D
  • AlouetteDunsmoreAlouetteDunsmore Posts: 260 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I'm Brittani, and I'm new to the modelling community. I've been playing Sims since I was little, and never found any games that I liked better. I have no idea what I'm doing with the modeling thing, so wish me luck, lol.
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I'm Brittani, and I'm new to the modelling community. I've been playing Sims since I was little, and never found any games that I liked better. I have no idea what I'm doing with the modeling thing, so wish me luck, lol.

Hi Brittani ^^ Welcome to the forums by the way :) Modeling is easy when you get used to it :) The one thing you'll always need to remember is always be on time for assignments or you might be late or eliminated. I'm sure others in the community will give you tips about modeling too ^_^ Ninja and a few others had posted a few modeling tips with camera handling for photos on the other page :)
    edited June 2013
    Hello Brittani! Nice to see you! :D Modeling isn't to hard and you get better as you go. Really. I suggest lurking a lot! That is a great way to get inspiration and find new tips! :mrgreen: