Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• BlackStar42BlackStar42 Posts: 451 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh my goodness!! o_o So much help! I am going to have to try everything! I'm so excited! I've been trying to get better but my headshots seem to be one thing that lacks. So I'm excited to try this! Thank you guys!
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys! A bit of news from me ^_^

Personal news: I told the guy I liked that I liked him, for closure you know XD And I feel happy about it!

Competition News: New competition will be added this week! World Of Fantasy Re-Make Edition. Keep an eye out :)
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    Star- you're welcome! I cant wait to see your shots ^__^

Angel- Ohh! Im proud of you thats a big step :D
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    Star- you're welcome! I cant wait to see your shots ^__^

Angel- Ohh! Im proud of you thats a big step :D

Thanks :) I know but I'm so happy that I finally got over it. It's been so many years and I'm finally free :lol:
  • POTATOBANANA6POTATOBANANA6 Posts: 328 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys, does anyone know where I should post my Sims Next Top Model thing?
    It isn't like a competition, it's just my own version of next top model
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys, does anyone know where I should post my Sims Next Top Model thing?
    It isn't like a competition, it's just my own version of next top model

So you'd like to share a sim of yours? You can post a new thread to showcase it or you can post it here ^_^
  • GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey everyone! Which of the 3 pictures should I use as my avatar? She's currently my favorite sim, but I can't decide what picture to use.

WNAVI_zps2e93d3dc.png"width=640"
  • POTATOBANANA6POTATOBANANA6 Posts: 328 New Member
    edited June 2013
    No it's like a story, sort of :P
    Like you know the top model program on tv? I've made a sims version, but it's only a picture version.
    I didn't know if people would get annoyed if I started a thread here, and if I should post it in stories and legacies instead?
    edited June 2013
    I like the third one ^_^
    No it's like a story, sort of :P
    Like you know the top model program on tv? I've made a sims version, but it's only a picture version.
    I didn't know if people would get annoyed if I started a thread here, and if I should post it in stories and legacies instead?

You should post it on Stories and Legacies :)
  • GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    I like the third one ^_^
    Thanks! :D

Also, just thought I'd share a pic of a sim I made for my little brother! He asked me to make a weird looking sim, I think it turned out looking almost like a goblin of some sort, lol!
    [IMG]http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s568/GreenDayGirlForever/Screenshot-223_zpsf014a755.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]
    edited June 2013
    greenday- lol i love him!! ^^

and as far as your av picture... i like the first and third equally :)
  • beebe20beebe20 Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi I'm Beebe (obvi) I like to play the sims and I new to modeling in the sims 3 but i really wanna get into it. :) soo yeah,,
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite is it okay to post on your modeling competition thread? You didn't really give a go post so I wasn't sure if you needed the space or not :?
    beebe20 wrote:
    Hi I'm Beebe (obvi) I like to play the sims and I new to modeling in the sims 3 but i really wanna get into it. :) soo yeah,,

Hi beebe! ^_^
    edited June 2013
    oh yes!! hehe i should do that now

and hi beebe!!
  • NecroHazard9NecroHazard9 Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    & I guess I'll get this started ;) Hi everyone! For those who don't know me, I'm Hailey (aka Miss Brite). I lovee sims (obvi ;) ) and crocheting and can't wait to get to know you guys a little better! xo

Hello! I'm curious on how to do a sim model? I'm new to the whole PC sims and would love to know how to, thanks ! :D
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    & I guess I'll get this started ;) Hi everyone! For those who don't know me, I'm Hailey (aka Miss Brite). I lovee sims (obvi ;) ) and crocheting and can't wait to get to know you guys a little better! xo

Hello! I'm curious on how to do a sim model? I'm new to the whole PC sims and would love to know how to, thanks ! :D

Hi necro! ^_^ Welcome to the forums :)
  • natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi Beebe and NecroHazard ^u^

Necro, if you're familiar with taking in-game screenshots, modeling isn't far-off :wink: You should join a competition! :D

Hailey, I too love your avatar! She's got some seriously awesome hair :mrgreen:

GreenDayGirl, I especially like the first, but they're all gorgeous *o* :D

Angel, that's awesome! Empowering :thumbup:

Today is the day I merge... wish me luck! :XD:
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    MissBrite wrote:

Hi necro! ^_^ Welcome to the forums :)

Why thank you Angel! :twisted:
    edited June 2013
    natrules12 wrote:
    Hi Beebe and NecroHazard ^u^

Necro, if you're familiar with taking in-game screenshots, modeling isn't far-off :wink: You should join a competition! :D

Hailey, I too love your avatar! She's got some seriously awesome hair :mrgreen:

GreenDayGirl, I especially like the first, but they're all gorgeous *o* :D

Angel, that's awesome! Empowering :thumbup:

Today is the day I merge... wish me luck! :XD:

Hello NatRules! Im still trying to get the hang of in-game screenshots,..do I need a certain something to make my sim model ?? o.o
    edited June 2013
    hi necro! there are some great tutorials in the stickied post at the top of the forum! ;)

nat- thanks! xoxo
    edited June 2013
    hope everyone is having a great night<33
  • BlackStar42BlackStar42 Posts: 451 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Hey guys! A bit of news from me ^_^

Personal news: I told the guy I liked that I liked him, for closure you know XD And I feel happy about it!

Competition News: New competition will be added this week! World Of Fantasy Re-Make Edition. Keep an eye out :)

1- <3 Boys are cute!

2- I'm excited for the new competition!! Yay!! You can count me in! World of Fantasy was technically the first competition I ever entered. Could you tell? Haha!
  • NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited June 2013
    necro
    heres some tips

headshots:

Use tab key then move the arrows forward
    Zoom all the way in
    Then back up with the arrows if needed
    Move the arrows left and right to center it on your sims face
    Though before you hit tab key
    Make sure the camera is pointed straight at your sim at full body shot length
    I also use the mod that causes less sensitivty in the camera movements so it moves slower and easier to control
    Also the mod that lets you zoom in without the sims head dissapearing
    And use a bright light infront of the sim on the floor
    Expieriment
    And shift plus a & d rotates the camera
    Rotate only a little and it can create creative looks

Also for bodyshots the same thing
    Tab key
    Rotate all the way to the right after the camera is at the sims torso
    Then move the cam to get all the sim in

The freecam mod is good too

www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387597

pose player:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=438706
    poses:
    http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/search?q=poses
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited June 2013
    More headshot tips! 8D

In cameraman mode, hold shift and a to rotate the camera so that your sim appears in a horizontal position.

Example:

9077420984_f202c2f731_c.jpg

You'll find that having your sim on a horizontal angle means that you can zoom in so much closer without cutting off vital parts of the sim. (Ever have the annoying trouble of the top of the sim's head ends up cut off? This cures it. ;) )

When you get out of the game, right click on your sim and rotate the image to a vertical position and crop/edit it to your desire.

If you can see, I had to resize the original image before I could post it onto the forums, otherwise it would break the page layout. By rotating it, I can keep it at it's original size.

This trick allows you to post full resolution images, which gives you an amazing quality image on the forum page. :)

Example:

9069642242_e309d03b63_o.png

I hope this makes sense and helps someone XD
  • NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited June 2013
    i said that too, but with no photo

but heres one 9008514921_b25dc04f8b_o.png
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >