Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• unluckykoneko16unluckykoneko16 Posts: 356 Member
    edited June 2013
    Goodness I'm gone for 2 years and I come back to HQ mods and pose packs and.. wow I'm overwhelmed!

I got a new computer, on my old one the graphics weren't good at all (mirrors didn't have reflection and sims were so blocky). I had so much CC since I entered competitions.

It slowed my game down so much that I just couldn't stand to play anymore :lol:
    Now with my new computer I've just been downloading .simpack files and I have a default replacement skin and eyes.

Maybe you guys would know how to prevent the slowing of a game due to CC? ;) with all this new stuff, it seems rare to not have a fix for this!

P.S. all of your pictures are gorgeous, I'm having a blast sifting through (:

Awww welcome back! ^^ And I'm still kinda new even though I've been playing sims forever :P Just kinda new to the forums and the site hehe And I love your avatar! I'm jelly actually.. haha is that a strawberry??? :O *is amazed*
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Aww they look adorable!

I JUST HAD THE CRAZIEST EXPERIENCE... O_O I went in game, and put a female sim into my household. She has that hair that doesn't have the best texture. It's really long and wavy. So... when I brought her in... Her make-up, her hair, her skin, her clothes... were all combined and glitchy. It looked so scary... but then after it turned back to normal XD So, basically her hair looked great with the hq mod! It looked so much better than it did before without the mod!

Awww thanks Angel:3 (pretty sure you were saying my simmies are adorable XD)

And whoa O.O That's crazy spooky XD And funny! It made me laugh (: You get pts for making me laugh! ^^ (cuz I love to laugh, giggle, and chuckle >w<)
    edited June 2013
    @MissBrite -
    Didya ever get to read my prologue and/or legacy? :o
  • xMiraclex37xMiraclex37 Posts: 4,122 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hahaha thanks guys :)

@koneko; Thanks! it was made by a good friend of mine a few years ago :lol:

I made a new avatar today, just me playing with the Pose Player. Super cool!
  • natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Wow, I didn't even know about the "you are real" mod. I think I'm going to download it :wink:

I also really need to merge my package files... Does anyone know if it makes a very big difference lag-wise? My game is horrifically slow :|

Simstrocity, I LOVE Fox. He's so grungy-awesome :mrgreen:
  • SimstrocitySimstrocity Posts: 78 New Member
    edited June 2013
    natrules12 wrote:
    Wow, I didn't even know about the "you are real" mod. I think I'm going to download it :wink:

I also really need to merge my package files... Does anyone know if it makes a very big difference lag-wise? My game is horrifically slow :|

Simstrocity, I LOVE Fox. He's so grungy-awesome :mrgreen:

Thankies! He sometimes scares me though O.O
    As for the merging, I personally merged all my package files a day or two ago and it has made a BIG difference lag/speed-wise in my game. It loads in about half the time it used to and CAS is a lot faster as well. A word of warning though, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT merge your sliders/core hacks and/or mods. This causes a lot of bugs and difficulties in the long run if you forget to update them and etc.
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited June 2013
    Also to add onto Simstrocity's point, don't merge default skins/eyes. :)
  • gymmonkey007gymmonkey007 Posts: 727 Member
    edited June 2013
    Decided to pop in ^^ Hi guys! (: call me Fannie! I've been modeling on and off for 2 years :3 I tried my hand at making a sims series on YouTube which didn't go to well xP so ya. I'd love to talk to people who like the same things I do ^^
  • madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi everyone! I'm Madhatter. :] I like to model and I think I want to start up again. ♥
    edited June 2013
    Hahaha thanks guys :)

@koneko; Thanks! it was made by a good friend of mine a few years ago :lol:

I made a new avatar today, just me playing with the Pose Player. Super cool!

Ahahaha well it look awesome :D I love her hair color (:
    edited June 2013
    @Madhatter
    ellooooo (: Totally random but your avatar makes me want to study the picture o_o like it draws me in and makes me want to figure out what your sim is thinking
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    lalahqmod.jpg

Finally downloaded the HQ mod!!! LOVING IT :mrgreen:
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    lalahqmod.jpg

Finally downloaded the HQ mod!!! LOVING IT :mrgreen:

I downloaded it too! :D! It's great ^_^
    edited June 2013
    abicloseup51.jpg

abicloseup6.jpg
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    I absolutely love love your new avi MissBrite! :mrgreen:
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Angel! <33 I made her last night and grew instantly fond of her. Dunno if its the mod or what but 'm definitely gonna play with her for awhile :D
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited June 2013
    Ooh, MissBrite, she looks gorgeous! The HQ mod looks brilliant in your game. :o
    edited June 2013
    *blushes* thanks JKS xoxoxo

edit: i also did the tip where you take pictures in the basement... it really helps!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • BlackStar42BlackStar42 Posts: 451 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi! I thought I would stop lurking and come and post finally. Though lurking is sure helpful, I get a lot of handy tips! :mrgreen:

So hi! I'm Star! ^-^

I have a real reason to post though: I had a question about head shots. I kind of need some tips on how to capture them. I can never seem to get right into the model's eyes. I am either to titled up or to downwards. (I am going into camera view) And if I get to close the model starts to fade out and looks funny. Even if I use the fadeobject cheat. So how does everyone else take amazing headshots?

And is headshots one or two words? Head shots? Headshots? o_O
  • NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited June 2013
    Star

Use tab key then move the arrows forward
    Zoom all the way in
    Then back up with the arrows if needed
    Move the arrows left and right to center it on your sims face
    Though before you hit tab key
    Make sure the camera is pointed straight at your sim at full body shot length
    I also use the mod that causes less sensitivty in the camera movements so it moves slower and easier to control
    Also the mod that lets you zoom in without the sims head dissapearing
    And use a bright light infront of the sim on the floor
    Expieriment
    And shift plus a & d rotates the camera
    Rotate only a little and it can create creative looks
    Also for bodyshots the same thing
    Tab key
    Rotate all the way to the right after the camera is at the sims torso
    Then move the cam to get all the sim in
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2013
    Hi star!! Glad you posted!<33

Do you have the pose player add on? It tricky to get them in the right angle... (moveobjects on cheat kinda helps) but this helps you tilt and move your model in anyway you can think of :D

http://virtualartisan.blogspot.com/2012/04/pose-player-interaction-add-on.html

Also, to get close, I just focus on my sim then move the mouse up so im just a little bit closer, then go into camera mode (tab) and it usually lets me get a good zoom into the face :D

hope this helps... i'm still learning too ^__^

ps: i think it's headshots? idk -_-; haha
    edited June 2013
    I dont use that mod
    I just use moveobjects on while holding alt
    And rotate with the camera 0_o
    With the low sensitivity mod for the camera
    Its easier to get the angle tiltled straight at your sim with the buttons on the left side of the screen in live mode
    Then you can use tab key
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2013
    oh i love the add on! It's great for getting them in the perfect position on sets as well.
    edited June 2013
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2013
    OooOoo gotta check it out <3