Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Blogs - read em' & share your comments!

Comments

• imawesomererimawesomerer Posts: 400 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I can't wait for the boats!!
    4ff98d9fba262470bb834be991cba4b2.jpg
  • SaLLy604SaLLy604 Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    In the new island paradise, will there be an option right at the start to be a mermaid life-state (like in the supernatural EP) or will you just have to find one in game to turn into one? Or is it both? :shock:
    Thanks, i am looking forward to this EP, i think it will be the best one yet! :mrgreen::lol::mrgreen:
  • SandBumblebeeSandBumblebee Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am Just Waiting for the island, I don't want to run a resort, I just want to live on a island away from all the modern stuff, just like Cast Away without all the you have to do this to in order to be able to get that. I don't want to follow someone else story line. Please have coconut trees with real coconuts like Sims 2.
  • TomgbatesTomgbates Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    What about the kids? Will they be able to go to school in Island Paradise?

yes they can, a taxi boat comes to pick them up
  • KatieAinslieKatieAinslie Posts: 24
    edited June 2013
    Omg It's coming out in less then a month! My questions are:

Can you make mermaids in create a sim, or do you have to find one?

If you have to find then, where can you find them, and will it be like aliens in seasons, where you only see them once and awhile?

And for the sharks, do they come often? And do your sims always/usually die?
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think the mermaid tails are wayyyy too short and stumpy! Not graceful and pretty at all! :( Now I'm not sure I even want this expansion because, of course, what I really wanted it for was the mermaids. Still, I'm something of a completest (tho nothing will induce me to buy the Katy Perry EP!)so if I DO get it I am totally making an evil mermaid and calling her Serenade Siren! I will instantly send her off to all the WA destinations so I can teach her to sing! I really wish the evil Mermaids had Siren-like abilities to lure other Sims to them... before they call in the sharks! LOL THAT part I'm loving! :twisted:
    edited June 2013
    I can't wait for the boats!!
    4ff98d9fba262470bb834be991cba4b2.jpg

I want a gondola for Monte Vista! LOL
    edited June 2013
    New blog up, everyone!

SimGuruSarah talks about mermaids:
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=505248

The shells ARE lame. Even better than scales would be LONG HAIR that covers the breasts. But, shells or no shells, mermaids need LONG HAIR EA! Listen up for once about this!!!!
  • mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited June 2013
    Why do they NEED long hair? Where does it say mermaid SHOULD have long hair?
    edited June 2013
    mr014 wrote:
    Why do they NEED long hair? Where does it say mermaid SHOULD have long hair?

Primarily because mermaids are traditionally described as having long hair and art featuring mermaids almost always shows them with long hair. After all where the heck are they getting scissors that won't rust out in the salt water? LOL OK sure in the Sims they're going to be able to walk around on land so I suppose they can visit the beauty shop. So can you make a mermaid with short hair? Of course. But not having the OPTION to give your mermaid long hair flies in the face of all mermaid lore and tradition so it SHOULD be an option.

Oh and here are some examples from art:
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mermaid+waterhouse&id=81973C40DC4706B81B45540C2F0695CC3827E9FA&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=CBEBE00B622A86AE57235252E365B58C272B6FF2&selectedIndex=17

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mermaid+art&id=C513D5DF4CBA50C62827249710BBC994DEEEB6C6&FORM=IQFRBA

I don't see a lot of mermaids sporting short hairdos.
    edited June 2013
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mermaid+art&id=C513D5DF4CBA50C62827249710BBC994DEEEB6C6&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=FB80A464919C32C9546CA2DA925D8338A57EB966&selectedIndex=183

My idea of an evil mermaid. :twisted: :twisted: Now give them longer tails EA! Those short stumpy tails you have going are LAME! :twisted:
  • MafiastyleMafiastyle Posts: 714 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wasn't Ariel one of the "popular" princess's a mermaid with long hair? - just saying.
    39d589ef4e5a6ca8bd17fc4bfd12fec6.jpg
    Babies everywhere, thank you shadow cat.

edited June 2013
    Yeah well the Twilight vampires also aren't what vampires are supposed to be LOL

There are long hairstyles in TS3.
    edited June 2013
    mr014 wrote:
    Yeah well the Twilight vampires also aren't what vampires are supposed to be LOL

There are long hairstyles in TS3.

Are you really arguing with me over something so dumb? And your definition of "long" and mine are obviously two different things. My own hair goes down past my hip. THAT is long. There are no hairstyles in TS3 that even go all the way to the waist. NOT long. And don't even get me started on the Twilight-ification of the vampires in TS3. Grrrr.... :evil:
  • mikamor2002mikamor2002 Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    i can't wait to make a mermaid! that sounds so cool!!!!!!!!! and a houseboat also! :D
    the only thing that i afraid of is to build a perfect sim and then she will die underwater by sharks or krakens..... :(
  • grotenbergegrotenberge Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2013
    This game is just awesome!!!!
    I can't wait to start playing it.:D
    But I have a question about the game.I wonder if you still can do normal jobs because in the tailer, walktrought, demo,..., you can't see they still are in the world. And can children and teenagers still go to school?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    mikamor2002 - mermaids cannot be killed by the kraken or the shark - they are immune - just like it was posted they can't drown either.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Puregold91820Puregold91820 Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    This game is just awesome!!!!
    I can't wait to start playing it.:D
    But I have a question about the game.I wonder if you still can do normal jobs because in the tailer, walktrought, demo,..., you can't see they still are in the world. And can children and teenagers still go to school?
    All I have to say on this is most likely teens and kids will still go to school, because they always have and I doubt it will change ^.^ and also of COURSE they'll still have "normal" jobs (as in rabbit holes if that's what you mean) because you can do "normal" jobs in every other expansion so why not this one? :D
    edited June 2013
    Sawada2012 wrote:
    Do you think eventually they will release a patch to allow the dogs to swim in the ocean? it could be pretty cute to be able to play "fetch" in the ocean and have the dog run and retrieve the stick or Frisbee from the ocean :)

In the future, id be nice to have whales and dolphins added. Orca, bottle nose, right whale of humpback whales :)

and as already mentioned, i would love to have surfing in the game, at some point, maybe even if it was in the sims store in the future
    If only my animals didn't look like demons o_o my animals have a really bad graphics glitch where they look all droopy and creepy :(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    Puregold - that tells me you need a new video card. As my animals look great with the Nvidia 560 ti card.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited June 2013
    @Puregold91820: Any chance you could post a pic of your animal problem?
    edited June 2013
    This sounds like something fun and worth my time. I am very excited for this expansion, I think it will be worth me spending my money. Cannot wait for the broadcast on the 18th, anyone else excited? :)
    edited June 2013
    mr014 wrote:
    @Puregold91820: Any chance you could post a pic of your animal problem?
    I would if I knew how lol x3 maybe you could tell me?
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Puregold - that tells me you need a new video card. As my animals look great with the Nvidia 560 ti card.
    Speaking of which I have asked my dad about that, but he says that my graphics card is connected to the motherboard or something so I really have no idea ^^
    edited June 2013
    Of course it's connected to the motherboards, all graphic cards are lol I don't know what it is your dad is trying to say with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top