Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
edited March 7 in Nominated Threads
This isn't your average legacy challenge. The goal is to achieve ALL LTWs and reach the top of ALL possible careers/professions without repeating any. You can only have ONE child per generation.

The Rules
Going Solo TS3
Going Solo TS4

Follow us on Twitter @TS_Going_Solo

Helpful Links
Full list of Jobs (S3) or HERE
Full list of lifetime wishes (S3)
Aspiration List (S4)
Career List (S4)
Going Solo checklist to help track your progress
Family Echo-This is a valuable tool if you like to keep track of extended family
CC magic for those of you that use custom content in your game

Active Going Solo Stories
- A Race Against Time by Piazzagirl1015
- As Life Goes by Jazen
- In Another Life by MischiefTheKitten
-Starbound by MischiefTheKitten
-Seidhkona by French_Vanilla13
-Elvira Slayer, The True Story by ELIROC
-The Island by ELIROC
-Life or Something Like It by jeapos88
-Try Everything - A Going Solo Challenge by KaytayRoall
- A Solo legacy with a twist-by SOnet104
- Going Solo Challenge by LittleMinxUndr
- Jungle Drums by LittleMinUndr
- Strictly Solo by Piazzagirl1015

Iron Man Going Solo Challengers

Vuneca's Iron Man Attempt
The Iron Woman Challenge by Petunia302007 AKA Simfulicious
One Woman Show by Jazen
I Am Every Woman by Piazzagirl

On Hiatus
- Going Solo By Vuneca
- Aurora Borealis by HollyhocksFluff
- The Burnbright Solo, Prettyacy, and Alphabet challenge by Shafer249
-Story of Rosaline by Shafer249
- The Pham Family Going Solo Challenge by carlimact
-Pok Family TS4 Going Solo by Carlimact
- Solace of Elysium by NewToTheSims AKA LateKnightSimmer

Discontinued but still worth reading
- Going Solo: The Wasimton, by LittleMinxUndr
- Majestyk's Going Solo... Again, by Majestyk
- Solo Legacy Challenge: The Vanderburgs, by SuperM1tch
- Lonely but not Alone A Going Solo Challenge by octojenn
- Nix Solo Challenge, by Nancy01905
- Nancy Edmondson Solo The Sims 4, by Nancy01905
- Here without you by BekahSue
- Follow your Dreams by Seera1024
- Safekeeping by octojenn

If you like those stories, try these:
-A Clockwork Heart by French_Vanilla13
-Fatima's Bachelorette Challenge by Vuneca
-Just Simming Along (a collection of stories) by Jazen
-Kiss of a Vampire by Jazen
-Romance on the Horizon by Piazzagirl1015
-Stories of Mischief (a collection of stories) by MischiefTheKitten
-Carlimact Simlings (a collection of stories) by Carlimact
-The Love Ship by Sweetinightingale
-Piazzagirl's Sim and Challenges by Piazzagirl1015
-Echoes of Eternity by NewToTheSims AKA LateKnightSimmer
- First To Last by octojenn
-The Proposal: A Bachelor Challenge by NewToTheSims AKA LateKnightSimmer
-Diary of a Drifter-A Sims 4 Drifter Challenge by Piazzagirl1015

Other goodies
  • YouTube
Solo Challenge By Nancy01905
  • Here is the image resizer that makes posting in these forums so much better!
I use this tool: Imageresizer from Codeplex.com
It's a totally free utility under GNU-lisence. It works flawlessly under win8 too. It resizes single pictures to batches of well over a hundred at once. I routiniously resize well over 100 screenshots in under 5 seconds with it.
Image Resizer is fast, makes your screens extremely light-weight which is totally what you want for what you're doing and you have almost no fidelity-loss.

for the gamebooster a quick registration is needed, but personal details are not asked.
Here's the linkage: Gamebooster

*****Hey girls,

A quick note to inform you all that the image resizer that I use has been greatly updated and has moved hosts. The tool can now freely be had from this link:
http://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/

-Minx

[/quote]

If you choose to do this challenge I would LOVE to follow your story.

Thanks for stopping by my thread, hope you enjoy the challenge should you attempt it.

Happy Simming :)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited July 2014
    I randomly chose Riverview to start in since I had not played in that world in a while. I didn't feel like creating a sim so I chose a pre-existing, single sim with the house I liked the most. I chose Constance Shelley and her beautiful brick home.

Screenshot-6_zps88dc3618.jpg

Family Line
    Constance - Prof Auth/writer
    Jane - Jack of all trades/Education
    Tina - Master of the Arts/Art appraiser
    June - Descendant of Da vinci
    Wind - Home design hot shot/Architect
    Elgon - Blog Artist/Video game developer
    Jonas - Magical Makeover / NA
    Cherish -

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi Vuneca!! ^^ I think I might try this, always looking for a new challenge to try! :) You've got my full support on this one, I'll keep you updated on how things are going ;)

For now I shall bookmark!

Edit: Yay, first comment!! :D

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • beckles123beckles123 Posts: 679 Member
    edited June 2013
    looks good :D looking forward to reading this :D:D:D:D
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Mischief and beckles123. I am writing up the beginning of my story now ;-)
    edited June 2013
    Vuneca wrote:
    Thanks Mischief and beckles123. I am writing up the beginning of my story now ;-)

I might give this a go tomorrow if I'm not too caught up in my other families and animal crossing :D

~MischiefTheKitten

edited June 2013
    Constance moved to Riverview to concentrate on her writing. Her greatest desire is to become a professional author. She lucked into a beautiful brick home on a corner lot. With only one neighbor she hoped for few interruptions.
    Screenshot-4_zps158a9c49.jpg

Then came Hal Breckenridge. Being new to the town Constantine was unaware that Hal's motto was "Love 'em and leave 'em". She, being a very reserved and private person, was overwhelmed by Hal's charms and attractiveness. Hal told her he was in town for just this weekend and was looking for someone to help him find his way around town. Even though she new very little of her new neighborhood she didn't want to send him away.
    Screenshot-7_zps15fca17c.jpg

Instead of standing in the rain, Constance invited Hal in. In no time he was putting on the moves and she was being taken right in. She didn't know what had come over herself. She'll never see him again right? Why not lose a little control? Being pent up in a house alone for days and days can make a woman stir crazy!
    Screenshot-9_zps3e6fb02d.jpg
    "oh Hal, you're soaking wet and muddy. Why don't you take a shower and I'll throw your cloths in the dryer?"
    "Forget my cloths! Come join me in the shower!"
    Screenshot-8_zpsd3709680.jpg

This was so unlike her! What the heck! It'll make for a great book later on. With the names changed of course ;-)

edited June 2013
    I might give this a go tomorrow if I'm not too caught up in my other families and animal crossing :D

~MischiefTheKitten

animal crossing?
  • MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    edited June 2013
    Vuneca wrote:

~MischiefTheKitten

animal crossing?
    Animal crossing is awesome its for the game cube and wii I haven't played it in soooo long.

edit: Oh yeah saw animal crossing and forgot to say. I may try this out when I need a break from my other game :)
    edited June 2013
    Hey Majestyk! Let me know how yours go if you do. It's a nice change from playing a big legacy family for sure!

I have a wii so I think I'll look the game up and see what it's about. thanks.
    edited June 2013
    "oh gosh. I can't believe I just did that. I wonder if he expects to stay the night?"
    Screenshot-13_zps03870dc5.jpg
    "Thanks babe. I think I'll be heading home now."
    "Home? I thought you were staying at The Good Time Inn."
    "I am. That's just what I like to call my house. Feel free to stop by anytime, if ya know what I mean." ;-)
    Screenshot-12_zpsa2f0f111.jpg

Constance felt like a fool. How could she have fallen for that no good liar's show? She decided to shrug it off and use it to fuel her next novel. It may have been a lapse in judgement but she could always hope it turned into the next best seller
  • MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    edited June 2013
    Vuneca wrote:
    Hey Majestyk! Let me know how yours go if you do. It's a nice change from playing a big legacy family for sure!

I have a wii so I think I'll look the game up and see what it's about. thanks.
    Will do :)

I enjoy it even though I haven't played it in a long time. If you do you can visit other peoples town or have up to 4(or maybe 3) people visit yours at a time. Its great for trading fruits into your town :)
    edited June 2013
    realy enjoyed it so far can't wait to read more :D
    edited June 2013
    Constance stayed locked in her study for weeks working her anger and embarassment into profit. Just when she thought it was all behind her and she could venture out once more, she began feeling very sick.
    "I haven't been out of the house in 2 weeks. How could I possibly have gotten sick?"

Screenshot-2_zpsba479e26.jpg
    Screenshot-3_zps8240a74a.jpg

After spending a full day heaving and feeling terrible, Constance finally went to the DR.
    "It's not the flu Ms. Shelley. You're pregnant."
    "No no no no no no no no no no no!"

(Just to add a little surprise to my game, I sometimes set the woohooer so that all woohoo is risky. Sometimes it only takes once!)

"Hal, I think you should come over......"
    Screenshot-5_zps55a033c7.jpg

Thinking he was going to get lucky he rushed right there.
    "Hey beautiful. I was hoping you'd call me. If only these roses were half as lovely as you. Shall we take this conversation into the bedroom?"
    Screenshot-14_zpsffdbd42b.jpg

"Hal, I'm pregnant."
    Screenshot-19_zpse362ef8a.jpg
    Screenshot-17_zpsa9928ace.jpg

"Well, you see babe, that's just not my problem. I don't 'do' babies. I gotta go."
    Screenshot-20_zpsc4f137b9.jpg
    "Smuck"
    Screenshot-18_zps8aa79999.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Thank you beckles123. I've only ever written a story for one other challenge and I wanted to try something different. I'm glad you've enjoyed it :-)
  • angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited June 2013
    This seems like a fun challenge to try. Great updates
    edited June 2013
    Oh dear, I can see where this is going! :D Wonder how he'll react when he finds out she's pregnant! (besides not moving in, of course)

I'm about to head in game and will try this with my simself :) Lucky Palms, here I come!! :D

Edit: Nvm, just saw that you updated more than that oO I thought I'd hit refres but I guess I hadn't!

Anyway, I'm happy to see more people wanting to try this!

Animal Crossing has been out on several things so far, we own the one for he wii (which is the previous version), the one for the ds (which is the one before that) and now also the newest one which was released here yesterday and is for the 3ds :) It's already out in america, let me know if you decide to get any one them :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi Vuneca! Great challenge... bookmarked!

Just a view questions:

1. The Sim may have 1 baby but not necessarly at the beginning, right? I mean, it's our choice on when she/he has the baby?

2. By all carees you also mean part-time?

3. Is it possible that someone starts, for example as a teen, living with the mother or father, does all the part-time jobs, age up to ya and starts living alone?

Thanks! :D
    edited June 2013
    Thanks angldior.

Mischief- I looked up the game last night. I added the game for all 3 of those systems to my wishlist now ill have to work on talking the hubby into getting one of them ;-)

Eliroc- nice to see you! I purposely tried to have as few rules as possible. I honestly never play the part time jobs in most of my games so they were not even on my mind when I was thinking about all the dif jobs. If you want to start with a parent and child of any age go for it! I had not planned on getting Constance pregnant so early in my game (I had changed woohoo to risky and it usually takes forever). When they have their child (or adopt one) is totally up to you!

This challenge is about achieving LTWs, hitting the top of all the careers and doing it one sim at a time. Everything else is up to you.
    edited June 2013
    Vuneca wrote:

Mischief- I looked up the game last night. I added the game for all 3 of those systems to my wishlist now ill have to work on talking the hubby into getting one of them ;-)

I admit, now that I got the 3ds one (which looks beautiful) I'm not sure how much more I'll play the wii version oO Let me know which one you get, if any, and we can arrange to play together ^^

I've started playing now and will have some first pictures for you later :) Not much has happened so far, I basically moved in and just began the second day.

~MischiefTheKitten

edited June 2013
    Well then, this is me:

Screenshot-914_zps71b7a298.jpg

I'm not sure how accurate she is, but she's supposed to be me. She's also going to kick this off :D

When I entered my new house I got the message that a meteor had struck, so I figured why not? It took her nearly all day to clean up, but we got there in the end ^^

After that my first priority was to change her outfit...

Screenshot-915_zps891e55ca.jpg

It might not seem too important, but she lives in Lucky Palms. If I keep her in her thick jumper and scarf she'll be dead before she gets a chance to adopt generation 2 oO

The dress she's wearing is supposed to be similar to one I got... It doesn't have the sparkles and a thin black belt, but it's the best I could do with what the game has, you know?

Since she doesn't have a lot of money right now I bought her a computer and got her writing:

Screenshot-916_zps59fb5e77.jpg

She's got a cheap camera as well so I'll get her out to take some pictures next. Also, to my joyous surprise, she wants to adopt a cat, so once a kitten becomes available she may have one :D Maybe the kitten can help with finding things I can sell.

My plan right now is to make money first and then to move into a slightly bigger place. If I can't afford one by the time she becomes an adult I'll built one - since it only needs two bedrooms it won't need to be huge.

There might not be a lot happening for a while, so I probably won't post too many pictures. I'll keep you updated and will be around, though, so I'll comment on everything else that's going on ^^

So, goals for now:

Make money
    Move
    Adopt a cat
    Adopt a child
    Start a career (can't decide between writing and photography - she'll do both but I'm not sure which to officially sign up for at city hall)

~MischiefTheKitten

edited June 2013
    Great start Mischief! Your sim self looks great in that little red dress. I love Lucky Palms, it's so pretty. I can't wait to see more. Let us know which profession you decide on.

Also, I was already leaning towards the 3ds version of that game so I'm happy to hear that that's the one you really like.
    edited June 2013
    Constance has never desired to be a mom. She has no idea what she's going to do now. Hal won't return her calls and this isn't the first time he's gotten a girl in trouble if the rumors are to be believed. She feels sick ALL THE TIME. This is going to be a long 9 months.
    Screenshot-15_zpsbdb5138b.jpg
    Constance is determined to live like it's just any other day. She will not let this stop her writing career!
    Screenshot-21_zps47c0fae5.jpg
    At least, that was the plan. She had overwhelming cravings for watermelons and hot dogs!
    Screenshot-22_zpsd2c25aa1.jpg
    Screenshot-24_zps84dbbeb8.jpg
    What better place for a pregnant gal to get her fill than at a food eating contest?
    Screenshot-25_zps05364f77.jpg
    Screenshot-26_zps5480da82.jpg
    Maybe that was going a little overboard. And she didn't even win!
    Screenshot-27_zps5340ef9c.jpg

Maybe pretending everything was normal was not the right thing to do. She needed support. She needed help. Constance had no idea what she was doing.
    Screenshot-28_zps7cd51f60.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Vuneca wrote:
    Thank you beckles123. I've only ever written a story for one other challenge and I wanted to try something different. I'm glad you've enjoyed it :-)

realy :shock: this is amaizing :O its like your a professional at writing :D :L
    edited June 2013
    Haha! Beckles123, you're too kind! I really have no idea what I'm doing. :-)
    I have tried to load your link to see what your story is about but I keep getting the maintenance page. Is is a 100 baby challenge or are you doing clones?
    edited June 2013
    Constance needs a friend. She finally musters up the courage to go next door and meet Meadow. They've seen each other in passing but never really gotten to know one another.
    "Meadow, I'm pregnant and I have not idea what to do!"
    Screenshot-31_zpsa47decc0.jpg

"Oh congratulations! Being a mom is a wonderful thing! I love babies! You can feel free to call on me anytime!"
    Screenshot-32_zps01306725.jpg

"No, you don't understand! I didn't want this to happen. I'm freaking out and Hal is not helping!"
    Screenshot-34_zpsdeb3c681.jpg
    Screenshot-38_zpsf13d0401.jpg
    "You definitely can't count on that old hound dog. Do you have a crib? What about toys and baby things?"
    Screenshot-33_zps1d5d64e5.jpg
    "....."
    "Oh Constance! Maybe I can figure out if it's a girl or a boy. Then I'll take you shopping. This will be fun!"
    Screenshot-36_zps7613fe65.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top