Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited June 2013
    im using sclub hq and this is the eyeshadow
    with it
    on a male lol
    9020915756_368af242a2_o.jpg
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I wish the eyeshadow looked that perfect on my sims. This is what the s-club eyeshadow looks like in my game, with the hq mod. I don't know why it looks so smudged. And believe it or not, it actually looked even worse than that without the hq mod. :oops:

[IMG]http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s568/GreenDayGirlForever/Screenshot-204png_zps28972cc2.jpg "width=640""[/IMG]

I'm actually really happy with the hq mod though, it gave more detail to everything, but I guess there's no improving that eyeshadow in my game unless I get a better computer someday. And here are a couple extra screenshots with the hq mod, just because. :wink:

[IMG]http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s568/GreenDayGirlForever/Screenshot-209png_zps0c7609f2.jpg "width=550"[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s568/GreenDayGirlForever/Screenshot-211png_zps4cb913f1.jpg "width=550"[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s568/GreenDayGirlForever/Screenshot-214png_zps006cfaf6.jpg "width=550"[/IMG]
    I made her last night to test out the hq mod, and now I want to upload her, but she probably won't, because she's more than likely more than 23mb. And that's the biggest my launcher will upload. :(
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    I was thinking of getting HQ mod and all your screenshots are amazing ^^ Now, I really wanna get it :3 Can someone send me a link to download? And how to download?
  • SaralytSaralyt Posts: 264
    edited June 2013
    I hope its okay to ask this here. . But, Missbrite, are you still planning on entering the father's day contest?
    edited June 2013
    are your settings up? greenday
    http://sclub.mktm.co.uk/en/2013/01/ts3-hqmod/

o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited June 2013
    NiNjahawkz wrote:
    are your settings up? greenday
    http://sclub.mktm.co.uk/en/2013/01/ts3-hqmod/

Yup, they are. It improved everything, just not that eyeshadow very much. :/
    edited June 2013
    Okay, just downloaded it and set everything up. I'm gonna go in game and see if it works ^_^
    edited June 2013
    9035284409_6af93fb35d_o.jpg
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited June 2013
    I've found that a lot of eyeshadows don't work with the HQ mod purely because they don't have the textures to support it. The HQ mod does work brilliantly for lipsticks/lip glosses and eyelashes, as well as working with the "You are real" mod, which adds more definition to a sim's skin.

I think I'm using Dachs HQ mod (which is the S-club one, they took over management of the HQ mod after Dachs stopped supporting it). There's also AWT's HQ mod, a little laggier but I've found it's so much easier to tailor the mod depending on how you play your game.

I used to play with a full strength ratio, namely 4096-2560. I now use one about half the size, because the computer I'm playing on isn't mine, and I refuse to fry my boyfriend's graphics card (even if it is a beast of a machine. haha)

Also, when lashes are concerned, I've found that they render differently on some shape eyes compared to others.

Quick examples of shots with a medium strength HQ mod (Dachs' one) from my boyfriend's super computer:

8879892469_e33858b8cc_o.png
    8628595312_7f3860ec80_c.jpg

Shots from my old laptop, full strength AWT HQ mod being used here:

8508914206_a3380c7ecf_c.jpg
    8429336903_d88d0904e3_c.jpg

Also, if you're going to venture into HQ mods, I'd suggest going with the "You are real" skin mod by buhudain (I cannot spell it - I have the "non rude" version of this mod haha). You can see the detailing in my sim's hand:

8383950744_234705a8b9_c.jpg

Gah! One more note, as you can see by what Ninja has done, using the sliders that come with the Sclub lashes, making them longer means that they look better in game once you get out of CAS. :)
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    your guy's sims are so inspiring and beautiful! <3

<--sooo jealysauce ;]
    edited June 2013
    WOAH... Hq Mod really intesifies everything XD It's sooo cool :3 I'll post pictures later ^^
  • unluckykoneko16unluckykoneko16 Posts: 356 Member
    edited June 2013
    :3 Hehe took this today.. just wanted to share it >w<

AmauraampXander2_zps25db7d91.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Aww they look adorable!

I JUST HAD THE CRAZIEST EXPERIENCE... O_O I went in game, and put a female sim into my household. She has that hair that doesn't have the best texture. It's really long and wavy. So... when I brought her in... Her make-up, her hair, her skin, her clothes... were all combined and glitchy. It looked so scary... but then after it turned back to normal XD So, basically her hair looked great with the hq mod! It looked so much better than it did before without the mod!
  • xMiraclex37xMiraclex37 Posts: 4,122 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Goodness I'm gone for 2 years and I come back to HQ mods and pose packs and.. wow I'm overwhelmed!

I got a new computer, on my old one the graphics weren't good at all (mirrors didn't have reflection and sims were so blocky). I had so much CC since I entered competitions.

It slowed my game down so much that I just couldn't stand to play anymore :lol:
    Now with my new computer I've just been downloading .simpack files and I have a default replacement skin and eyes.

Maybe you guys would know how to prevent the slowing of a game due to CC? ;) with all this new stuff, it seems rare to not have a fix for this!

P.S. all of your pictures are gorgeous, I'm having a blast sifting through (:
    edited June 2013
    Goodness I'm gone for 2 years and I come back to HQ mods and pose packs and.. wow I'm overwhelmed!

I got a new computer, on my old one the graphics weren't good at all (mirrors didn't have reflection and sims were so blocky). I had so much CC since I entered competitions.

Now with my new computer I've just been downloading .simpack files and I have a default replacement skin and eyes.

Maybe you guys would know how to prevent the slowing of a game due to CC? ;) with all this new stuff, it seems rare to not have a fix for this!

Two years? Wow! Welcome back ^_^
  • xMiraclex37xMiraclex37 Posts: 4,122 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

Two years? Wow! Welcome back ^_^

Thank you :-)
  • LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I feel so slow just now noticing this thread XD
  • SassyDanaSassyDana Posts: 2,375 Member
    edited June 2013

Welcome back! There is a way of preventing the slowing of the game due to CC, but it is only for packages (the ones that are saved under this is folder path My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Mods/Packages). The process is called merging which is just squishing all the files together to increase loading time in the game, etc. :3 It doesn't work with simspacks, but I hardly use those because I think those cause more lag in the game more so than packages. But there is a way to convert simpacks into packages. (not through the launcher though.)
    110zzsw.gif
    edited June 2013
    Don't worry about it Lakross! It's still pretty new :)

Hope everyone is having a great day so far! You guys have convinced me to install the HQ mod today hahaha other than that im gonna take out my staples in my head (because my dad lives in the middle of nowhere) this morning and the thought makes me want to throw up :( Thennn off to work on Angels contest ^__^
  • SimstrocitySimstrocity Posts: 78 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Thought I'd join in and share some pics of my new simmie! His name is Fox Ferris :P

tumblr_moczljbP981sulfako1_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_moe1pyACNB1sulfako1_1280.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Here's the tutorial I used to learn how to compress my files: http://www.cstylessims3forum.com/t597-compressing-packages-files-part-1-prepare

hope it helps!
  • eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I've kept considering the HQ mod, but I just hope it doesn't slow down gameplay too much. o.o
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, im iffy about that too :/

and Simstrocity- Fox Ferris is a totall... well.. FOX!!!
  • SimstrocitySimstrocity Posts: 78 New Member
    edited June 2013
    eggy900 wrote:
    I've kept considering the HQ mod, but I just hope it doesn't slow down gameplay too much. o.o

The HQ mod isn't recommended for constant gameplay, only for photoshoot sessions. It's in the disclaimer of aWT's HQ mod.

@MissBrite: Ahha, I thought his name would suit him perfectly ;P
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi guysss!

Joining in with something kind of funny...

My sims have no necks and I have no idea why. I'm pretty sure it's something I installed but I just have to find what that is.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior