Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save Issues with Supernatural and Seasons CAW: Discussion and research thread.

191011121315...Next

Comments

• Mfaw81PMfaw81P Posts: 114 Member
    edited January 2013
    EDIT: my lots are now saving properly, and I was able to edit in game, until now. now it crashes.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Babydoll3133Babydoll3133 Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm having trouble - still - with CAW crashing when entering EIG mode. I start a world, enter EIG then back to CAW. Everything is there and working, but the next time I try to go back to EIG, it crashes. My game is fully updated and I uninstalled the CAW I was using, downloaded a "fresh" copy and installed. Still having the same problem.
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow this thread getting very long :shock:
    I'm having trouble - still - with CAW crashing when entering EIG mode. I start a world, enter EIG then back to CAW. Everything is there and working, but the next time I try to go back to EIG, it crashes. My game is fully updated and I uninstalled the CAW I was using, downloaded a "fresh" copy and installed. Still having the same problem.

First thing to test is, does the EIG crash when you start a completely fresh new world?

YES: Then something is not updated correctly or you are using outdated mods, if this is the case then try and update your Game Versions, this program will help you do this:-
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829
    and of course remove your mods.

NO: If the new fresh world loads then you have a problem with your current world, usual the most common problem is with a lot that is disrupting the routing data. You can try and narrow down the problem but it will take some time. This happened to me while I was building a world this is what I did:-
    My world was called Testworld 1, so I deleted 10 lots from Testworld 1 and then did a save calling the new save Testworld 2 and then I loaded In Testworld 2 and tried to load in EIG if it worked then I new at least one of the them 10 was corrupting the routing data. It's just a matter of narrowing down the corrupted lot and it can take a long time.

• indarsh123indarsh123 Posts: 12
    edited January 2013
    Sorry to interrupt this thread but i have ts3 every expantion not stuff pack is it a good idea to download CAW now cause there were a lot of errors saying it stopt peoples sims from working i don't want to damage my game but i want it badly thanks for replies :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2013
    Someone said that if you move your DCcache files out of the game and let CAW generate a new folder, that the crashing in EIG will stop. I don't use CAW, but I have seen this being posted a lot in the last couple of days, and almost every one claims it stops the crashing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HuntleyhimnherHuntleyhimnher Posts: 5
    edited February 2013
    I tried minimizing to get into EIG and that actually worked. I added lots and had it completely finished and now my world won't export ...bah! I'm almost ready to give up all together. I just wish when the box that comes up that says "world Export Failed!"
    It would at least tell me why. i also tried exporting a back up version of my world without the lots and that didn't work either. The only thing that i could get to export was a blank world file, so I guess i'm going to have buckle down and wait for an updated version of CAW or start a new world and hope by the time I finish the issues with exporting and installing will be fixed...

Back up everything before you do anything (basic rule of trying to "fix" things. Then:

Try going into your My Documents/Electronic Arts/ folder. In there you should find a "The Sims" folder. Rename this to something else, like "The Sims Current". Then start the Launcher. This will cause a new, clean "The Sims" folder to be created with factory default settings.

Clear out any CAW caches, then restart CAW and try to export your world. This worked for me.

Sometimes custom content or changes made to your files stop you exporting worlds. If you make a new clean folder it doesn't have these problems. When you want to play again, rename your new "The Sims" folder to something like "The Sims CAW" and keep it for exporting stuff. Get your "The Sims Current" folder and rename it "The Sims". Then you have all your custom content and save games back so you can play again.

Just wanted to say this worked perfectly for me!!! You are a sim saver :D , the only thing I will add to it is that I copied the export file over to my original The Sims folder and installed it there after I had tested it and now am playing my new world.

I will name my first born sim after you!!!!
  • anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi all - don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet but I just learned this the hard way so I thought I'd give the info here:

1) Roads should never overlap, not even with paths.
    2) World decor should never be placed on or overlap with roads or lots.

I had a world that kept crashing when I went into EIG until I fixed those two problems.
  • misspiggy555misspiggy555 Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same issue, with the game crashing when I edit in game. The only way I got it to stop was by deleting my festival grounds, then it worked just fine. But, you can't really enjoy seasons without the festival grounds so I rebuilt another one without using cheats, and it seemed to work just fine. I restarted my computer and it still worked fine, but when I got on it the next day it started the crashing thing again. I'm hoping that when Island Paradise comes out, the update for CAW will fix this problem. The minimizing doesn't work for me unfortunately.
  • amyredmondamyredmond Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    well i have created a world for the basics sims 3 in CAW, i am able to export it,upload it and install it but when it comes to playing it in game it is no-where to be seen! really annoying! any suggestions would be helpful!!!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2013
    amyredmond wrote:
    well i have created a world for the basics sims 3 in CAW, i am able to export it,upload it and install it but when it comes to playing it in game it is no-where to be seen! really annoying! any suggestions would be helpful!!!

Welcome to the forums :D

This is a quote from page 21 of this thread. I had a similar issue and these steps worked for me (make sure you're installing the simpack as well, not just exporting/uploading and also make sure you check the drop down list in the main menu carefully, I know it sounds silly but sometimes the simple answer is the right answer)
    anetherron wrote:
    tea_and_blues, can you explain to little further on how to get the world in game?, maybe a step by step. I don't think I am doing it right as it does not show up. Also, I am very confused as to how to do this. Thanks

This is what I did, ditermination, and it worked for me:

First, follow these steps to delete all 'dead' files: (just, instead of 'Desert Quest', delete all your world's relevant files lol)... http://calinselene.wordpress.com/how-to-fully-delete-desert-quest-world-in-preparation-for-installing-eldrichtfalls/

Then do this:

1) Reinstall the world
    2) Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/DC Backup. In it you will find a whole bunch of .package files with number/letter combo names.
    3)At the top of the screen click View - Arrange Icons by - Modified.
    4) The last file in the folder (most recently installed) should now be for your world.
    5) Rename it to a .world file. As in: 0x2db853d0721f456a8d90ba8e6b9b8fa7.package to My World .world.
    6) Take the renamed file and place it in My Computer/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/Non Packaged/Worlds.

When you next open your game you should have your world available for use.

Hope this helps, good luck!

This worked for me too, thanks a million Anetherron.
  • me3_087E0B1CDme3_087E0B1CD Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2013
    i cant install the thing it errors everytime
    said finish any other setups and close applications or contact ea or something the patch did the same thing too i had to use the sims launcher is their a way i can install this through the launcher?
  • anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    edited June 2014
    I know it's been a long time since this thread has been posted to, but I wanted to say this (in case it helps anyone else who has the same problem):

If a world stubbornly refuses to install, it's usually because of one of the following:

1) You already have a copy in your files - the above steps should sort that out.
    2) You don't have all the expansion packs and store worlds needed for the custom world
    - world creators often don't state which expansion packs they used, or they leave
    out store worlds they used, thinking it won't make a difference to installation. It
    does.
    3) The world name has punctuation in it - for some weird reason this breaks the world.
    4) The world is corrupted - either it broke sometime in the export/upload/download process or some bad
    CC snuck in with it. Unfortunately, there is no reliable way (that I know of) to
    check if a world is corrupt (Delphy's dashboard flags all custom worlds as corrupt
    because the file contains other files).
  • palidinapalidina Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    I can successfully export worlds to my sims3 generations game but when I try to open the world it gives me a message that says serious error please restart application and try again I tried uninstalling the world hoping that would help and reinstalling the world but this doesn't help

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top