Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for EA to release the "Create-A-World -- BETA" tool on the Mac platform.

Comments

• chinchotichinchoti Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Sign me up! :)
  • JessicaKirbyshireJessicaKirbyshire Posts: 18
    edited March 2013
    Yep I'll ad my name to the list should be available for all computers!
  • Heck_No_CheeriosHeck_No_Cheerios Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Signed.
  • UnicornVUnicornV Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Sign me up as well!
  • hirikotsuhirikotsu Posts: 88 Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't have a mac myself, but I think that it's unfair that mac users can't create worlds.
  • zoezoosezoezoose Posts: 12
    edited April 2013
    Signed!

I love the sims games, and I have brought a lot of them and expansions. I'm sure all of you have too. Since we have supported them, they can at least help us out and let us have create-a-world too.
  • xLeEamzxxLeEamzx Posts: 74
    edited April 2013
    To sign do we just reply Signed? (I'm dumb...)
    If it is then... Signed!
  • whitepawn23whitepawn23 Posts: 308 Member
    edited April 2013
    Sure, but the rumor is they're in trouble, financially, after the SimCity5 bomb, so I doubt they'll work on it any time soon.
  • antonysims2001antonysims2001 Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Sign Me UP :D:D:D
  • vallytinevallytine Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    signed!
  • DizarAngelDizarAngel Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    SIGNED! I need this in my life so bad! x

Ps. Do I just have to say *signed* and I'll be added yes?? x
  • stevn7159stevn7159 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    sign me up as 7stevn7159 its not fair for windows to get caw and mac doesn't
  • sherratt_bensherratt_ben Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Im in. We need a mac CAW for sims 3

Ben Sherratt
  • Iceflame542Iceflame542 Posts: 21
    edited April 2013
    I originally installed sims 3 on mac, but uninstalled it to put it on a windows bootcamp partition. It really should be on mac as well though, sims 3 is supposed to support both operating systems.
    Signed.
  • kittysundaekittysundae Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I vote Yes (for now lets just try to recode it any one know how to Program)

SO I SIGN
  • Billy_20Billy_20 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Billy_20 signs the petition :lol:
  • xcutxandxpastex0xcutxandxpastex0 Posts: 76 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have two computers, one is a PC desktop, and the other is a Mac Laptop, I don't care how it happens, but I either want the PC one fixed, because IT DOENS'T WORK, and I've tried it on my mom's desktop, my desktop, and my dad's, and the same thing happens. I too think it's unfair that Mac users, are always kind of forgotten about, I would love for the Mac to have CAW, because when it did work on my PC, I was so clueless as to how to use it, because I am inherently a mac user. I didn't know how to make it work properly. So yes, I am SIGNED as a supporter for this petition.
  • EMMIEBIRD2013EMMIEBIRD2013 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Sign me up!! I switched to a mac for a better computer and I would LOVE to create my own world. Unfortunately...they haven't done it for macs yet. Macs are becoming more and more common, so I think it'd be wise if they did that.

When will it happen anyway??
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    It will never happen seeing CAW is based off the Maya world builder plug in tool which uses the Windows .net frameworks in order to work - mac does not make a .net framework, and Maya's WB doesn't come in Mac format. So also go petition Mac to make a .net framework and petition Maya and World Builder too to make a Mac format because they hold the patten in their tools that EA used to make CAW - besides you are petitioning for a product that will never be out of the Beta - which it can never be as long as they don't hold a patten in the other programs. In otherwise it ain't EVER going to happen and is not a darn thing anyone - not EA, not you can do about it. So keep signing this for another 4 years. Anyway as soon as the last update to CAW comes after the last sims 3 game comes out - CAW will be done.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SciberiusSciberius Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Serious Mac fanatic here... and will never stoop to owning any .virus machine.

Please find a way to include us in the full features of the game or at least reduce the price since you have decided to only provide a portion of the product we are paying full price for.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    CAW is free. It is not a part of the game but a Guru extra. And boy are you deceived - I have never had a virus and have been gaming since there was pc gaming. But until apple makes .net framework tool you can forget a lot of internet tools not working on your machine.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AllyRoqAllyRoq Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Sign me up for the petition!
  • dillonpiercedillonpierce Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sign me up!
  • hello25hello25 Posts: 134 New Member
    edited July 2013
    You can sign me up too!
  • pumpleknicklepumpleknickle Posts: 1