The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Failed to share - have you had this happen?

MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
Hi - Im sorta bummed because I made a little house (named "Family Starter") to enter in a starter home contest, but when I click the "Share" button that loads it into my launcher so I can upload it to the Exchange, I get the error below. I have no problem saving it to my bin. I have tried re-writing the description, I've tried sharing it from the bin and/or directly from the town. I also tried placing a new copy of the house from the bin on to a new lot, and that didnt work. I then started a new game in a new town, placed the house from the bin into that town - still didnt work. Has anyone had this happen, and if so - what did you do to solve it if you were able to? Thank you!

failtoshare.jpg

Oh - and if you didnt solve it, is there a way to find the file for just this house so I can share it that way on a different site? (hopeful thinking)

Comments

• judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited January 2011
    It's got to be something wrong on that lot?! Can you share other lots? Try another lot, any of them cause it's just a test to see if it will even work?!
  • kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited January 2011
    I have had that happen before and the solution was just to change the name of the lot. Hope this works for you...good luck!
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Quiggy29Quiggy29 Posts: 8
    edited May 2012
    Hey! I know this thread is ancient, but in case someone checks: I was having this same problem, one lot wouldn't load, I tried a few others, nothing worked. Then I uninstalled Hidden Springs...
  • TawniRae2012TawniRae2012 Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    this is happening to me as well. It' letting me share my sims but not my houses.
  • SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited December 2012
    I can't share anything, never mind upload! Houses or Sims. No Mods, no CC.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2012
    Have you guys tried sharing while logged out of the in-game online features?
  • CkorkowsCkorkows Posts: 169 Member
    edited January 2013
    This happened to me today. I simply changed the name of my upload to 'The Pad v.1' instead of 'The Pad' and it worked. I'm not sure why it wouldn't load the other way but maybe that can help ya'll.
    Before I did that I also lowered my graphics settings and emptied all of the screenshots (and other content) from the Sims launcher. That could have affected the change. (You can do that by going to the electronic arts folder/ the sims/ screenshots and either deleting them or moving them if you want. For other builds/sims/pets you can go to the electronic arts folder/sims/uploads and do the same.)
  • RastamonRastamon Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    As you can see, I still don't have an avatar. This is because I won't use a default and I can't export a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing. I can save Sims and lots and all just fine but I can't share. Why the hell are these two separate processes anyway? Why would uploading a custom avatar take more than a button click? I am seriously regretting all the Sims purchases I made over the holidays.
  • LOL3004LOL3004 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited January 2013
    If you have any custom content installed it could be that it's corrupt. I couldn't upload anything either, so I deleted my custom content, after which I could upload again :) Hope this helps you :)
  • amy83031amy83031 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2013
    none of my houses I made are downloading to the Sims 3 launcher either. What did you do to stop that from happening. I also did everything you suggested :)
  • JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited February 2013
    amy83031 wrote:
    none of my houses I made are downloading to the Sims 3 launcher either. What did you do to stop that from happening. I also did everything you suggested :)

Perhaps there's an update ready for your game? Try checking your Origin and Launcher for potential updates.
  • amy83031amy83031 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Joolster, thanks for the quick response! I tried your suggestion and updated the latest patch. Unfortunately that didn't work either.
    Perhaps there's an update ready for your game? Try checking your Origin and Launcher for potential updates.
  • EngramEngram Posts: 79 Member
    edited February 2013
    Did you also update Origin? Sometimes both the game and Origin need to be updated. I think there was an Origin update recently. I remember updating the Origin client a couple of weeks ago when I bought Alice: Madness Returns during a sale.
    All aboard the hype train!

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    #EAGameChangers
  • trinaboo0trinaboo0 Posts: 130 Member
    edited February 2013
    I just checked this forum to see if someeone else was going through this because I'm trying to share a residential lot as we speak and I can't do it for some reason. I have no CC on the lot, it's for a contest. I just shared a Sim a couple days ago, yet when I try to share the lot, I'm getting the same message that's in the OP's picture. It won't go into my launcher at all... I really wish I could find a solution. :(
  • AntigoneRebornAntigoneReborn Posts: 4 New Member
    edited April 2013
    any luck or solutions? im still plagued by these issues.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have started having these issues also does anyone no how to fix this yet...
    edited June 2013
    I have Figured it out yay.. This worked for me, Save your lot to your library, then back out of your game all the way back to the launcher. Go to installed content an click an let them load, right beside select all or select none, there is a box that says (run without custom content),2ufxged.png check that box. A warning will come up read it clearly.. Then click ok, and go into your game. don't open the lot you want to share, just click where you have it saved in your library, and now click share, and it should work. Now just back back out of your game DO NOT SAVE when it ask... Now it should be in your launcher. Now Uncheck that box before you go back into your game, and everything should work fine. It has to be reading something of EA's as CC, because I don't use CC in my builds. As I said this just worked for me. I hope it works for you all also..I'm headed now to see if it will upload to the exchange. I will let you know if that part works also...
  • heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited June 2013
    The problem with that solution is that if you use Store Content, the game doesn't save it in the upload. Which means that all the store content you used and recolored will not be placed when someone downloads it.
  • heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have this problem as well, and have tried a number of solutions. None have worked for me.

-Deleted all exports/screenshots/etc from launcher.
    -Deleted my cache files.
    -Renamed the lot to something different.
    -Removed the few mods I had in the folder.
    -Saved lot to library, tried to export from library.
    -Saved lot to the library, placed in a new town, tried to export from new town.
    -Deleted DCCache and DCBackup and reinstalled all my store content.
    edited June 2013
    The problem with that solution is that if you use Store Content, the game doesn't save it in the upload. Which means that all the store content you used and recolored will not be placed when someone downloads it.
    Mine did, but I saved it to library first, then went back to launch and did those steps..
    edited June 2013
    Sent to the gurus hopefully they can shine some light on this..
    edited June 2013
    This is how you can fix and the only way I have found to fix (Failed to Share Issue)... Copy your whole The Sims 3 folder to your desk top and give it another name after you get it on the desk top like The Sims 3 old will do fine.. Now that makes you an old copy in case you mess anything up... Now go to the EA folder The Sims 3 and open it and go to DCCache and Delete everything in that folder, this is your store content and custom content folder. Now Go to DCCachebackup and delete everything in that folder except the (ccmerged.package) Do Not Delete that file... Now your game will upload your lots, Sims, ext. To the launcher.. To add your store content and or custom content back to game just copy it from your old folder and paste it in the new one under downloads folder. Check the downloads on your launcher they may be already there and ready to install.If so just go download and check all that you want to install. I would suggest that you do a small amount at a time and check then to make sure you can still upload your lots from the game to the launcher, and then proceed on... All I can tell you on the cause is that it is just a glitch that we are going to have to work around.. If this doesn't work you may have to go with a complete factory reset of your game or reinstall all games.
  • NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited July 2013
    BreeMiles wrote:
    This is how you can fix and the only way I have found to fix (Failed to Share Issue)... Copy your whole The Sims 3 folder to your desk top and give it another name after you get it on the desk top like The Sims 3 old will do fine.. Now that makes you an old copy in case you mess anything up... Now go to the EA folder The Sims 3 and open it and go to DCCache and Delete everything in that folder, this is your store content and custom content folder. Now Go to DCCachebackup and delete everything in that folder except the (ccmerged.package) Do Not Delete that file... Now your game will upload your lots, Sims, ext. To the launcher.. To add your store content and or custom content back to game just copy it from your old folder and paste it in the new one under downloads folder. Check the downloads on your launcher they may be already there and ready to install.If so just go download and check all that you want to install. I would suggest that you do a small amount at a time and check then to make sure you can still upload your lots from the game to the launcher, and then proceed on... All I can tell you on the cause is that it is just a glitch that we are going to have to work around.. If this doesn't work you may have to go with a complete factory reset of your game or reinstall all games.

I have done everything that's been suggested in this entire thread... including reinstalling my entire game (which I had to do when I reinstalled Windows anyway), and NOTHING has worked.

Has there been any joy for anyone else on this issue?
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • bmit04bmit04 Posts: 57 Member
    edited October 2013
    @Breemiles

Thank you for your suggestion! It worked! I ran Delphy's Dashboard on my backup file a few weeks ago and found a lot of conflict files. I wonder if that is the reason I couldn't upload lots. However I could still upload items, like a rug for example. I haven't dealt with them because I don't really know how to deal with them. I could you a good link or suggestions on how to deal with those if anyone knows... In the meantime I am going to install my items a few at a time to see if I can pinpoint what is causing the error.