Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Deleted by user)

mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
(Deleted by user)
Post edited by mysph1t on

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    You want the bust slider to be BIGGER?! :shock: Ooooooo-kay. :roll: :lol:

But I agree with the bottom and hip sliders, I'd also like a waist slider. :D
  • mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
  • Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2013

I find the bust size to end up very..strange looking if you put the slider all the way to the right. There are other things you could modify though:
    - Bust Depth
    - Amount of Cleavage
    - Bust Fullness
    - Bust Scale
    - Bust Vertical Height

(I heard of someone using a mod and the mod includes the things listed above. I didn't come up with them. :P)
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
  • Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited June 2013
    mysph1t wrote:
    Well, since there's little chance we'll see it implimented in the Sims 3, I think I'll bark up 4's tree.

Bust slider should be there at the start, and personally, I think it needs a larger range than what we got in Late Night(I still use mods to make my fems even bigger[I'm a guy, sue me]).

Hip Sliders. Without mods, I have to make my women very big to give them hips, and while I like me some chub, I'd like some sliders that didn't make my characters feet shake like they were an apartment for Michael J Fox.

Butt Sliders. Because I think I should be able to give my femsims a badonk.

Thickness Sliders for all limbs.

Now this isn't a slider, but I think that a characters overall shape should be done with a pyramid, and each end of the triangle representing a different aspect: thjn, fat, and muscular. The centre would be average, and the ends would be extremes. Players would manipulate a dot in the pyramid to determine their shape, and then tweak different bits(like the things I mentioned) with sliders.

I agree with this and nearly everyone in the Sims 3 has the same bodyshape
  • bos45redsoxbos45redsox Posts: 14
    edited June 2013
    Lol while I actually agree with all of the suggestions, I think this is a little silly to have so much hope to sculpting the perfect set of breasts you can in TS4. Sure, I would like to have that sim that reminds me of a few women I know who are dead sexy with their bodies, but I doubt EA is going to allow you to create the "perfect woman".

HOWEVER, they have said that sims in TS4 will have more depth and whatnot so who knows. May they will focus more on the sims themselves.
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2013
    what's this "I'm a guy" argument? Not every guy likes that big breasts.
    Some men like women for who they are not their breasts.
    If you wanna bring in some sort of an argument, why not try "I'm a sexist". Sounds more like you.

As for the topic, I think we have enough sliders.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    edited June 2013
    mysph1t wrote:
    Sara2573 wrote:

I find the bust size to end up very..strange looking if you put the slider all the way to the right. There are other things you could modify though:
    - Bust Depth
    - Amount of Cleavage
    - Bust Fullness
    - Bust Scale
    - Bust Vertical Height

(I heard of someone using a mod and the mod includes the things listed above. I didn't come up with them. :P)

They exist, but the underbust look's weird. Like they don't rest naturally against the body like real breasts would. EA should get to work on improving breast/jiggle physics. Since large breasts are mostly fat deposits, EA could get some animators to get a "fat physics", which would apply not only to breasts, but to fat sims as well. The body is affected by gravity, and pushing the weight slider all the way up shouldn't just make them wider, but make it look like actual fat. Belly hang is a thing, so they should probably implement that.

Here is a picture of my Sim. This is what I was saying about having the slider all the way to the right. It looks strange, IMO. :/
    YPFItMG.jpg
    ZeSHutd.jpg
  • superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    edited June 2013
    Good idea, wish they did that for the Sims 3
    Please sign up by using this link
    swagbucks.com/refer/Jlakfull­
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    edited June 2013
    English is not my first language so get over your grammar business. You obviously understood what I wanted to say.

And you're obviously hating women when you say **** like that. Good luck getting ladies cause with that attitude you're not gonna get any. ;)
    edited June 2013
    mysph1t wrote:
    Simpkin wrote:
    what's this "I'm a guy" argument? Not every guy likes that big breasts.
    Some men like women for who they are not their breasts.
    If you wanna bring in some sort of an argument, why not try "I'm a sexist". Sounds more like you.

As for the topic, I think we have enough sliders.

Yyyyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh...... Take your feminist manhating elsewhere. I'd also work on your grammar while I was at it.

"Not every guy likes that big breasts."

"That" what? Why is there a "that" there.

Oh and nature called, the overwhelming majority of men do like large breasts. No, that doesn't make us sexist, anymore than a woman wanting a rich and attractive man makes her a sexist. I bet you're not in other threads attacking women for caring about how much money a guy has, or what kind of car he drives.

Anyway, we don't have enough sliders, even if you left the bodies out and focused on faces. Areas like the jaw, chin, cheeks, cranium, and eyes are severely lacking. I mean, who doesn't want an epicanthic fold slider for Asian Sims? Less is not more, more is more. Body shape and height sliders are important because not everyone comes in the same premolded package.

I think she meant "Not every guy likes that big of breasts".
    I might as well add this. It isn't good for anyone to be sexist.
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:
    English is not my first language so get over your grammar business. You obviously understood what I wanted to say.

And you're obviously hating women when you say **** like that. Good luck getting ladies cause with that attitude you're not gonna get any. ;)

Can this please not turn into an argument?
    edited June 2013
    Fine by me :)
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited June 2013
    I completely agree that there should be more sliders. On first second third look, there appears to be more than enough. But after youve made sims for a while, and especially if youve tried to base a sim off a real person, you see where it lacks. I think a forehead slider above all is important. With some hairs, the foreheads look huge, and its hard to move the eyes and jaw up to compensate, it looks odd.

The only reason you guys think the breast thing is sexist is because they are hyper-sexualized. Its ridiculous. Not for what the guys like, but how media portrays them. You cant criticize a guy for liking what he likes, criticize the media for showing perfect impossible women in ads and what not. You wouldnt call him sexist if he says he likes long, lean necks, for example.
  • blakeshelton_fanblakeshelton_fan Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    I don't think you are being sexist at all but both of you need to stop arguing because it's really annoying and uncalled for.
    @Simpkin, I don't understand why you started the argument in the first place because he was just suggesting something that he felt would make his gameplay more enjoyable. BTW: I was not trying to start an argument with you I was just saying what I felt.
    edited June 2013
    I completely agree that there should be more sliders. On first second third look, there appears to be more than enough. But after youve made sims for a while, and especially if youve tried to base a sim off a real person, you see where it lacks. I think a forehead slider above all is important. With some hairs, the foreheads look huge, and its hard to move the eyes and jaw up to compensate, it looks odd.

The only reason you guys think the breast thing is sexist is because they are hyper-sexualized. Its ridiculous. Not for what the guys like, but how media portrays them. You cant criticize a guy for liking what he likes, criticize the media for showing perfect impossible women in ads and what not. You wouldnt call him sexist if he says he likes long, lean necks, for example.

I never said it was sexist. I just didn't want accusations flying around that this person is being sexist and that person is being sexist. So I said:
    It isn't good for anyone to be sexist.

@mysph1t

I wasn't implying that you were sexist either. Sorry if you took it that way.

edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    edited June 2013
    mysph1t wrote:
    I'm glad we're all in agreement and can get passed this. I just got irritated, because it would be somewhat like me saying "I think that we should be able to make our sims paler in skin colour", and then being called a racist.

Also, I think we should have paler skin colours as an option. I'm a pretty pale guy, and the palest option is still darker than me.

edit: @Sara2573, it's no problem. I shouldn't have responded to the first comment anyway.

RACIST!

:p
    Nah, I'm kidding. I don't have anything to complain about when it comes to skin colours because I have CC that adds really pale skin colours. :D
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    edited June 2013
    mysph1t wrote:
    Sara2573 wrote:
    mysph1t wrote:
    I'm glad we're all in agreement and can get passed this. I just got irritated, because it would be somewhat like me saying "I think that we should be able to make our sims paler in skin colour", and then being called a racist.

Also, I think we should have paler skin colours as an option. I'm a pretty pale guy, and the palest option is still darker than me.

edit: @Sara2573, it's no problem. I shouldn't have responded to the first comment anyway.

RACIST!

:p
    Nah, I'm kidding. I don't have anything to complain about when it comes to skin colours because I have CC that adds really pale skin colours. :D

I never cared too much for the CC because it often made the sims look even more plastic. I like the natural look(which there are a couple of cc skins that do the job quite nicely), but a lot of them have unnecessary painted on shadows or muscles or things like that, so it kind of looks weird when I make chubbier sims, and they have these mismatched textures.

Does this skin make my Sim look plastic? It is actually even more pale in game, but I don't think it gives a "plastic" look. I do agree though. Some CC skins make Sims look too plastic. (In this certain picture, you can't see it but she also has freckles. :P)

IpSRkkF.jpg
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)