Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

✞Gℴthic♫Lullaby✞ ~Auditions~! † † SIGN UPS OPEN~!!

Comments

• gymmonkey007gymmonkey007 Posts: 727 Member
    edited June 2013
    should have my model up tonight I hope! (:
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Thanks Ninja :)

Can't wait to see yours Jab ^^

Hehe

Names I was thinking -

Ameratta Lace
    Lacey Darling
    Andrea Shivre

haha I was thinking of using the name Amorette
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Thanks Ninja :)

Can't wait to see yours Jab ^^

Hehe

Names I was thinking -

Ameratta Lace
    Lacey Darling
    Andrea Shivre

Ohhh! I like Ameratta Lace! Sounsd mystical XD And it's really unique too ^^
  • JABWARRIOR1JABWARRIOR1 Posts: 2,360 Member
    edited June 2013
    Your Name To Go By : JAB or just JJ
    Model's Name : Amaretta Darling
    Musical Instrument : Violin
    Gothic Attire : Victorian ( I think )
    Model's Bio : Amaretta was always a lonely child who often sat alone at lunch, her only friend was her violin, she'd draw pictures of herself and the violin controlling the world. She'd always worn black so knew from about 14 that she had a gothic sense of style. The emotional mistress of love and hurt , Amaretta Darling

Headshot On Black Background :
    fb7e66c8-63c2-4b86-9629-e79d91b7156f_zps4545bedc.jpg

Bodyshot With Your Instrument On Black Background :
    71648aca-2dcd-402d-b373-583990aabdc6_zps50678aff.jpg

I hope that was what you were looking for :twisted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2013
    where did you get the violin?! I can't seem to find it anywhere!
    edited June 2013
    Wow! She looks great Jab :D
    where did you get the violin?! I can't seem to find it anywhere!

I know right! The violin was my first choice, but it came with a specific set from the Store. I couldn't find the cc violin anywhere >.<
  • RinaStarrRinaStarr Posts: 785 New Member
    edited June 2013
    This competition looks great! I'm lurking though, no room for pose player on my laptop (especially since I'm doing a big download right now)
  • NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited June 2013
    jab can you get the bodyshot closer, :)
    her head at the top of the photo and feet at the bottom, try having the camera in tab mode [tab key] and at torso , then press shift plus D and rotate till her head is to the right, then move your mouse till it gets the entire body in, you can expieriment with zoom too ,also make her dress stand out by using grey or sothing contrast

im gonna be using the bodyshots for a poet wall

o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2013
    violin is included
    http://sims3s.ru/pose18.php

the set violin just email me :P
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2013
    Anouncement: lol

this is the kind of photo style im looking for with this comp
    remember though have sims face visible and keep it gothic as that is scored
    and attire a main focus
    while portraying the poem and emotion
    have the poem speak the photo's words if it had a voice O_o

trans_siberian_orchestra_beethovens_last_night_2000-front.jpg
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
    edited June 2013
    Alright, sounds like a plan! :thumbup:
    edited June 2013
    NiNjahawkz wrote:
    violin is included
    http://sims3s.ru/pose18.php

the set violin just email me :P
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • JABWARRIOR1JABWARRIOR1 Posts: 2,360 Member
    edited June 2013
    NiNjahawkz wrote:
    jab can you get the bodyshot closer, :)
    her head at the top of the photo and feet at the bottom, try having the camera in tab mode [tab key] and at torso , then press shift plus D and rotate till her head is to the right, then move your mouse till it gets the entire body in, you can expieriment with zoom too ,also make her dress stand out by using grey or sothing contrast

im gonna be using the bodyshots for a poet wall

Will do 8) I was going to use a deep red but used black then once I got in game realised we had to have a black background :evil: I may not get it done till Monday though :? I hope that's okay :?:
  • Xpinkygirlx1Xpinkygirlx1 Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 2013
    I got it to work (Finally xD)!

Your Name to Go By: I'm Xpinkygirlx1, but Anna is fine :)
    Model's Name: This is Lila Creek {Not the most gothic name, ik, but I think its pretty :)}
    Musical Instrument: Shibita String Bass
    Gothic Attire: Lila is a mix of several themes
    Model's Bio: When Lila was a young girl, she was rainbows and unicorns. She was in love with being happy. And now this quote is her journey; "This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper." And if you look closely, you'll see the remnants of Lila's past peeking through.
    Headshot On Black Background: (Is it okay I used the striped one? :3)
    Screenshot-238_zps919ef94a.jpg
    Full-Body Shot on Black Background: (I'm sorry I included another sim, but I intended for her to be the main focus still, as if she is playing her sad song to the dead. Trust me, if you read my poem it'll make sense.)
    Screenshot-239_zps8e20ad20.jpg

And I was a little confused as to if you wanted the poem now...If you do, just tell me and I'll edit this to put it right here! I have it written already (Thank you free-time in math :P), so just tell me when you need it!
  • BlackStar42BlackStar42 Posts: 451 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Your Name to go by: Star
    Model's Name: Almira Deveny
    Musical Instrument: Harp
    Gothic Attire: Romantic Gothic
    Model's Bio: Almira chose to be alone, unlike many people who were outcast. She loves to think, write, and dream all alone. She loves the romantic side of life though when she writes she always writes a tragedy. She likes a happy ending but more so she loves a heart breaking ending. She loves to write music to her stories and play her harp while seeing the story come to life in her head. Does she wish for her own love to die? Of course not. At least not to early in life.
    Headshot:
    AlmiraHeadshotfixed_zps8d7691c7.jpg
    Bodyshot:
    almiraharpfinal_zpsd1812941.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • crimzonstainheartcrimzonstainheart Posts: 1,682 New Member
    edited June 2013
    wow, what a cool contest. the sims look absolutely stunning.
    I wish I could join but at this time I cant. :cry::cry: good luck to everyone.
    edited June 2013
    Wow, I'm looking and I feel like an idiot. Everyone did their entries on solid backgrounds and here I am putting them in a room...with stripes...and windows. -.- (I couldn't download the solid background :/)
    edited June 2013
    Your Name To Go By: Fannie
    Models Name: Quintessa Malone
    Musical Instrument: Classic Piano
    Gothic Attire: Lolita
    Models Bio: Quintessa has loved the art and tranquility of the piano ever since she was a young girl. Her parents separated when she was young and she lost piano she loved as a child. Her mother had no money to fill Quintessas need to play. She used to sneak off to the music store and play for hours. One day the shop keeper lost his store and had to clear out all the grand pianos he had. Quintessa came to the store and the kind shop keeper gifted her with one of these magnificent pianos and to this day its the only one she'll play.
    Headshot: Quintessahdsht_zps90607037.png
    Bodyshot: quintessainstrument_zps2f7bf519.png
    edited June 2013
    Wow, I'm looking and I feel like an idiot. Everyone did their entries on solid backgrounds and here I am putting them in a room...with stripes...and windows. -.- (I couldn't download the solid background :/)

You don't need to download a solid background. You can use the paint tool on the left with all the tools (sledgehammer, pick up tool, etc.). Just click the paint tool and click the wallpaper, and go to Misc. and find a pure white wallpaper, and use the color slider to change the color to pitch black.
    edited June 2013
    I have the same pose pack for Raven (my model) ^^ We're both using the piano as our instruments lol :3
    edited June 2013

I'm still really really new to modeling and trust me, the background, was my first big mistake I ever did. First the wall was textured, then it had a border, etc. Oh gosh it was terrible and then I learned better! Here is what I do:

-I find the flat wall in the wallpaper (it's just a plain white color with some texture but no border), put that up, and then take the white flooring and put that on.
    -Then I go to create a style and fix it up. I downloaded this from the exchange: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2267269 So I know for sure that the walls and floor won't be textured.
    -What I mean by fix it up is that I put that as the new wall paper and flooring then I change the color from the green. (In this case pure black.)

That's how I do it now. I don't know what everyone else does. They probably have that screen but I'm always to forgetful to download it.

@Fannie-I am so madly in love with your model's hat!!! :shock:
    edited June 2013
    Piano is such a good instrument! (:
    Aha thanks! (: I love it its so adorable!
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for the tips...I feel like a bigger idiot now though because I realized I've done that before for another contest xD But wait, should I re-take the pics? I'm gonna have to kill that poor guy all over again xD
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for the tips...I feel like a bigger idiot now though because I realized I've done that before for another contest xD But wait, should I re-take the pics? I'm gonna have to kill that poor guy all over again xD

I would retake them minus the dead guy its kind of distracting...just my opinion (:
    edited June 2013
    Nah, I would retake them too! And a pinch more light maybe? I think your model is really pretty and she deserves more light. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top