Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    Mine too!! Miss playing it. I think I may have played DA2 two or three go rounds and was done with it...DAO I've played countless times, hoping 3 is like Origins and better :mrgreen:

Me too! Good night! Don't be a stranger ;)
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Oh, I'd love to, but I'll have to think about it once the competition is posted. This other competition I'm in might get canceled, I'm not sure so I don't want to make hasty decisions just yet. I'm all excited now lol. Before, the modeling forums are so dead but now with you, Nat, and all the others it's starting to re-collect some of its members and models ^^ I'm glad people are coming back :P

I totally understand :) That's why i thought i'd send out requests sooner than later ^__^

and yes please post songs! I've been so stuck in my scene of music its nice to hear new things<3
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    edited June 2013
    Night everyone ^^ Sweet Dreams! Don't let Slendy get you tonight :mrgreen: Just kidding lol
  • unluckykoneko16unluckykoneko16 Posts: 356 Member
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Oooooh fuuuuun I'm Serena (: I like to write and draw and am a big animal person :P (and sims. duh)

You write? Share one of your stories with us ^^

I don't know if I'll be continuing with the Sims when sims 4 comes out... But, I just hope Sims 4 doesn't disappoint us :)

Uh.. well.. ummm ^^; I guess I can share a poem (: I'm working on a novel right now haha and for not wanting people to steal it.. I don't post it. Hopefully you can read it when I get published ^^ Because I am going to get published *fist pump in determination*
    Here's a poem (: It's kinda dark..
    Death is Waiting
    Cut my wrists,
    slit my throat,
    I'm through with this
    where is my coat?
    Death is waiting.
    Can't you hear him knocking?
    I can hear you hesitating
    but the clock is tick-tocking.
    While I cry alone,
    You're laughing with him
    in such a delightful tone.
    While my life is fading dim
    that banana has murdered my mom.
    He has replaced her with something dead.
    My life is simply a ticking bomb
    and dying isn't something that I dread.
    I welcome it, really
    at least then I'll feel freely.

My shadow
    A dark passenger watches
    my every move.
    He laughs when I fall.
    He snickers when I fail.
    He grins when I’m draped
    with sadness.
    He grimaces when
    I am very happy.
    Every moment he spends is
    to make my life miserable.
    He never sleeps, never eats.
    He creeps over me while
    I sleep soundly in my bed.
    He’s scheming how to
    trip me, taunt me, embarrass me.

(:
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    Oooooh fuuuuun I'm Serena (: I like to write and draw and am a big animal person :P (and sims. duh)

Serena! (like Sailor Moon!) <3 Welcome to the forums (i see you're new)!!! You're sims are so beautiful <3 what's your favorite animal? I've always been a cat girl. and polar bears. they are cute and vicious and mamabear<3 like me :)

Ahahaha yes like Sailor Moon! :D and thanks >w<
    My favorite animal... hmmm well I really fell in love with horses when I volunteered at a rescue ranch where I live and I love dogs and cats.. I have both (: My mom is a big animal rescuer. We've always had 6+ cats growing up.. over the years.. we've probably had over 20 XD But never at once! o.o
    I love polar bears. I love bears period haha. I also am crazy about unicorns. >w<
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite
    Omigosh! ahahaha you're on Endor! xD I love it!!!! Ahahaha :P Huge star wars fan btw :P
    edited June 2013
    Okay so I'll post the prologue of my novel but that's it >w<

~Prologue~
    The story I am about to tell is one that needs to be told. Known to you as myths, Unicorns, Dragons, Pegasi (2 or more Pegasus), Mermaids and Griffins populate the world half the size of your Earth, called Chesmire, in an alternate universe. You know of these creatures only of mere coincidence, if you believe in such a thing. If you don’t, well, then it was just meant to be. Scientists and the Earthly governments do not want its citizens to know that black holes are portals to another universe, referred to as The Onyx by the residents of Chesmire. There are four clans on this small planet: Sky; Soil; Oceana; and Mountain. Over four thousand Earth years ago, all four clans came together to fight a mutual enemy that threatened everything in existence on Chesmire. This war, known as the Great Loss, was fought on Chesmire’s soil, in its atmosphere, and in space against the terrible aliens of Fillipos, Chesmire’s neighbor planet. While in a space battle, closer to Fillipos, several light years away from Chesmire, the third sun of their solar system came to an end in its cycle and transformed into the Onyx. The planet Fillipos disintegrated in the explosion and the Onyx swallowed the remains of the planet and its people along with many of Chesmire’s greatest and noblest of warriors. That is how Chesmire’s inhabitants were transported to your Earth.
    Dragons and their Mountain riders were engulfed by the Onyx, thrown into your world, and then hunted mercilessly by your “Scotsmen,” Vikings, medieval knights and many others who feared the dragons’ might and fury. However, others on your Earth worshipped the dragons and saw them as gods. These worshippers sacrificed many of their beasts and presented them to the dragons for the purpose of appeasement. Unicorns and Pegasi continued to live peacefully on your Earth, just as they did on Chesmire. Being social creatures, they stayed in herds and migrated from place to place to avoid overly curious humans and capture. Mermaids and Mermen took to the oceans, after discovering the hostility and violence of the human kind, and remained in hiding until their demise. A mere few fishermen were lucky to greet some of the Oceana Tribe and know of their majesty and beauty, spreading the tales of magical beings living in the seven seas across the Earth. Some of the Sky People’s greatest warriors were consumed by The Onyx and came to your Earth. Humans, mystified and amazed by these “profound creatures,” deemed them as Gods and Angels.
    There are two types of Sky People, ones who have wings on their backs, resembling the angels Earth’s artists have painted, and ones who have no wings, caused by a plague 1,000 years previous spreading a genetic dysfunction in some Sky People who gave birth to flightless children. No matter. They are skilled riders of the famed Pegasus, Griffin, and Hippogriff as well as being esteemed archers who never miss their target. They control Chesmire’s atmosphere and weather. When the plants need water, they bring the rain. When it becomes too moist, they move the clouds to let in the sunlight. When it is time for summer to end, known as Endless-Sun, they lower the temperature while the Soil People begin the leaf-changing process.
    The People of the Soil are a humble clan. They are magical beings. They are also one with nature. The moon is their guide. The stars are their light. The surrounding nature is their life force. It is their job to ensure that the plant life on Chesmire thrives so all the clans, including the animals, may partake of the nourishment. If a plant is sick, they breathe life into the plant deriving from their own life force healing the plant to full-health. Unicorns and Centaurs run free among the forests, happily enjoying the all-you-can-eat salads. Without water, the People of the Soil could not grow Chesmire’s food, which brings us to the Oceana Tribe.
    The Oceana Tribe is like an underwater Earth’s Switzerland. They have no allies and have no enemies. They remain neutral and stay out of territorial tiffs and confrontations but this does not mean that they can be pushed around. Water is a force not to be reckoned with. While it will “go with the flow,” it will go only so far. Like a stream, the Oceana Tribe can trickle slowly and go on its way most peacefully; however, in some rare instances, catastrophic consequences will result and the Oceana Mermaids can turn deadly if one threatens their underwater utopia. Water nymphs and a large assortment of fish swarm the waters, happily content living out their lives in peace and harmony.
    The Mountain Clan lives on the highest peaks of the treacherous mountains, on harsh terrain, coexisting with the fierce fire-breathing dragons of the North that reside in the caves on the cliffs. They’re industrially advanced and have trained blacksmiths who craft adamantine armor, shining bright as the suns themselves. Minotaurs and Arimaspians ally themselves with the Mountain People, protecting the land from intruders and preventing rockslides and avalanches.

• GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for this thread, MissBrite! I'm fairly new to this subforum, so I'm just popping in to say hello :mrgreen:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • SassyDanaSassyDana Posts: 2,375 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey everyone! I'm Dana (please don't call me SassyDana, I don't what I was thinking when I came up with that username, lol.) I really love to draw, write, play the sims and model with the sims. I've been sim modeling for about 2 years now I think. I also love to edit sim photos too and I just recently got the hang of hair drawing (my most proudest achievement I would say. :3 It's very nice to meet you all!
    110zzsw.gif
    edited June 2013
    @unluckykoneko16 I love those two poems! But I like the second one better ^^ Have you considered joining Ninja's Competition? It's Gothic and Poetry themed! I think you join it :D

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/683374.page

@GreenCats Hi GreenCats ^^

@SassyDana Hi Dana ^-^ I just learned how to draw on make up... and I feel so proud of myself too XD Next I want to learn photo skinning :P
    edited June 2013
    Oh gosh, I love the idea of the story! However since its the Prologue it doesn't really introduce the plot it introduces the background plot of how everything came to be, I'd like to read more about the real plot with characters and such :) I love it! I always thought there was always something or someone here before everyone and everything came to be, you know? It's just some sort of imagination of mine :oops: But, the story is definitely well thought out! :thumbup:
    edited June 2013
    Hi everyone! I'm looking for some poses. Preferably male poses please? :wink: Thank you in advance ^^
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    @SassyDana Hi Dana ^-^ I just learned how to draw on make up... and I feel so proud of myself too XD Next I want to learn photo skinning :P

Hello! ^___^ Yeah I love to draw on make up! :3
    Photoskinning is pretty easy, the hard part is making it look good and pulling it off. It's also very hated on in the modeling community, it's considered cheating and that's why a lot of comps put in their rules "no photo skinning."
    110zzsw.gif
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    @unluckykoneko16 I love those two poems! But I like the second one better ^^ Have you considered joining Ninja's Competition? It's Gothic and Poetry themed! I think you join it :D

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/683374.page

@GreenCats Hi GreenCats ^^

No I never have considered it... but thanks! :D I will check it out ^^
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Oh gosh, I love the idea of the story! However since its the Prologue it doesn't really introduce the plot it introduces the background plot of how everything came to be, I'd like to read more about the real plot with characters and such :) I love it! I always thought there was always something or someone here before everyone and everything came to be, you know? It's just some sort of imagination of mine :oops: But, the story is definitely well thought out! :thumbup:

Oh thank you and yeah that's how I want my story to be (: You don't find out the plot until you're actually into the story. It's a really good plot ^^ And thank you! I actually came up with it at my college campus when my boyfriend and I were talking about alternate universes and reincarnations and soulmates :P Teehee.
    edited June 2013
    @SassyDana.. Hello! :D Welcome! Ooh what sort of stuff do you like to draw and write? I draw realistically. (: I can draw cartoons and doodles too but I mostly enjoy realism :P ...and fantasy ^^
    edited June 2013
    SassyDana wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

Photoskinning is pretty easy, the hard part is making it look good and pulling it off. It's also very hated on in the modeling community, it's considered cheating and that's why a lot of comps put in their rules "no photo skinning."

Okay.. really stupid question but.. what's photo skinning? =o
    edited June 2013
    SassyDana wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

I know right! Like other editors and simmers make it looks so professional... you see me there not pulling anything off XD Yeah I know :/ When I first joined, I'm like what the hecck is photo skinning and face plastering and all that stuff. Now that I've learned some things, I'm like ... facepalm.

edited June 2013
    I offically went on a big cc shopping spree XDD For a competition, I couldn't stop finding these cc lol

HOW COME I JUST FOUND THIS NOW? :shock:

http://sclub.mktm.co.uk/en/2013/03/ts3-special-necrosarium2/

... LOL I'll post other cc sites later :)
    edited June 2013
    SassyDana wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

Photo skinning is when you use a photo editor to edit the sims skin to make it more realistic and to improve the quality and definition of their skin tones.
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    SassyDana wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

Photo skinning is when you use a photo editor to edit the sims skin to make it more realistic and to improve the quality and definition of their skin tones.

Actually that's not exactly what it is. It's taking real photos of people and etc and then editing it into a sim photo. Like for example, a picture off google of some hair and then editing into a sim photo. That's what it is, skinning the photo. xD
    @SassyDana.. Hello! :D Welcome! Ooh what sort of stuff do you like to draw and write? I draw realistically. (: I can draw cartoons and doodles too but I mostly enjoy realism :P ...and fantasy ^^

Hi! same here! I love realistic more than cartoony stuff and fantasy too. :3
    110zzsw.gif
  • natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Dana, my username situation is the same... I made it when I was ten for my webkinz account :lol: What a cool kid I am
    On another note, I've tried face photoskinning... once. Was not successful.
  • DragonAge_13172792DragonAge_13172792 Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    Me too! Good night! Don't be a stranger ;)

Don't worry I won't be!! winkingsmiley.gif

• JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited June 2013
    Ooh what a cool idea for a thread!

I'll do a quick intro and then go back to reformatting my computer - ugh.

I'm JustKeepSimming/Jks/Rae and I am soon going to be judging in a modelling competition hosted by mandya which you all must join when she gets it up, ok? ;)
  • NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited June 2013
    lol i do nothing to my sims skin and hair edit wise and it looks high quality

8910585698_8730e3d743_o.jpg
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >