Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

smchatthread.jpg

First of all, WELCOME!!! There are threads like these in the other sub-forums, so I thought : Why not for us? This forum is pretty dead most of the time, so hopefully this will pick things up a little and give us all a chance to get to know one another :D

RULES:
-please no drama.
-everyone is allowed to post! even if you have never made a sim or participated in a competition :D
-FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES AT ALL TIMES.

Feel free to chat, post screenshots and plug competitions! (not to the point of spam though!)

FORUM BANNER:
I thought it would be fun if the main banner above^^ was constantly changing with all of our creations! Send in your banner and I'll make it the heading for an amount of time and then we'll switch to the next one! Just make sure it's of logical size and says "Sims and Modeling Chat Thread" ^__<

Comments

• MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    & I guess I'll get this started ;) Hi everyone! For those who don't know me, I'm Hailey (aka Miss Brite). I lovee sims (obvi ;) ) and crocheting and can't wait to get to know you guys a little better! xo
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    Love this idea Hailey! Lovely name by the way :)

I'm Angel, I sort of have an on and off again obsession with the sims. I rarely play for the fun of it though... I'm waiting for Island Paradise, and I'll go all out crazy XD
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Love this idea Hailey! Lovely name by the way :)

I'm Angel, I sort of have an on and off again obsession with the sims. I rarely play for the fun of it though... I'm waiting for Island Paradise, and I'll go all out crazy XD

Thank you :) I can hardly WAIT for island paradise!!! I've been wanting to make a stranded island couple for a while now, and even got as far as making them and downloading a small island. Then, I saw the live broadcasts of IP and now I have to wait! >_< The fact that they have little islands so perfect and I can then grow the "stranded" families funds to travel to the "main Island" EEEEE soooo excited (kida babbled on there didn't I? hahaha)

I also have gotten into a lag of not playing the game, just taking pictures :D haha Dragon Valley has helped though :D

edited June 2013
    bump :)
  • unluckykoneko16unluckykoneko16 Posts: 356 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oooooh fuuuuun I'm Serena (: I like to write and draw and am a big animal person :P (and sims. duh)
    edited June 2013
    I'm excited tooo ^^ I just hope the mermaids don't end up looking badly :? I saw a preview of it in a German forum on another site.
  • natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi! Woohoo, chat thread :D to sort of continue the topic, I too (unfortunately) haven't played the actual game in a really long time. It's sorta sad. But I'm psyched that they're still releasing packs for it! Do you think that they'll keep sims 3 going for a little after sims 4 I released?

Edit: and for friendly purposes anyone can call me Nat :D
    edited June 2013
    Oooooh fuuuuun I'm Serena (: I like to write and draw and am a big animal person :P (and sims. duh)

You write? Share one of your stories with us ^^

I don't know if I'll be continuing with the Sims when sims 4 comes out... But, I just hope Sims 4 doesn't disappoint us :)
    edited June 2013

Serena! (like Sailor Moon!) <3 Welcome to the forums (i see you're new)!!! You're sims are so beautiful <3 what's your favorite animal? I've always been a cat girl. and polar bears. they are cute and vicious and mamabear<3 like me :)
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    I'm excited tooo ^^ I just hope the mermaids don't end up looking badly :? I saw a preview of it in a German forum on another site.

Was it bad?! *super scared*
    edited June 2013
    natrules12 wrote:
    Hi! Woohoo, chat thread :D to sort of continue the topic, I too (unfortunately) haven't played the actual game in a really long time. It's sorta sad. But I'm psyched that they're still releasing packs for it! Do you think that they'll keep sims 3 going for a little after sims 4 I released?

natrules! (and i call you nat?) im glad you joined in :) we havn't talked much but i admire your work.
    They say they are gonna keep the store going... and we still have movie stuff pack and time travel expansion pack to look forward to :)

edit:typo
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

Was it bad?! *super scared*

It didn't look good to me. It looked plain. But I'm not sure; it could've been a tease or a fake. Plus it was a merman... so it definitely didn't look good XD He was all buff but he was chubby... and the tail didn't really fit in. lol
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

You write? Share one of your stories with us ^^

I don't know if I'll be continuing with the Sims when sims 4 comes out... But, I just hope Sims 4 doesn't disappoint us :)

yess! share!

Angel- your story for my fairy games was a huge hit! i'd love to see you do a series :) justsaying ;)
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    It didn't look good to me. It looked plain. But I'm not sure; it could've been a tease or a fake. Plus it was a merman... so it definitely didn't look good XD He was all buff but he was chubby... and the tail didn't really fit in. lol

*crosses fingers* they did a good job so far with super naturals.... my grandma always said: "if it doesn't feel right, it's probably not"
    edited June 2013
    Yes! -crosses fingers- Let's hope for the best :D

I haven't written in a while. I guess I'm really caught up with everything, lol. I have my graduating to concentrate and my speeches and stuff. I usually get right into writing when I'm in the zone ( 8) )
    edited June 2013
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    natrules12 wrote:

natrules! (and i call you nat?) im glad you joined in :) we havn't talked much but i admire your work.
    They say they are gonna keep the store going... and we still have movie stuff pack and time travel expansion pack to look forward to :)

edit:typo

Haha yes you can ^u^ thank you! i admire your work-especially your sims because they're so unique and awesome! Time travel sounds pretty cool to me. And I hope they don't mess up the mer-people. I'm holding onto this little mermaid kingdom type ideal :lol:
    edited June 2013
    Speaking of animals, random note: my guinea pig casually just peed on my bed because I'm trying to trim her nails. Poor guinea
    edited June 2013
    Ikr! This is the one thing I'm looking forward to most >_< If they mess up... OMG... I'm gonna go to EA Company place thingy, and shove a picture of the little mermaid in their faces >_<
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Ikr! This is the one thing I'm looking forward to most >_< If they mess up... OMG... I'm gonna go to EA Company place thingy, and shove a picture of the little mermaid in their faces >_<
    Hahaha Ariel with hipster glasses did mermaids before EA
    edited June 2013
    My friend has this hamster thing, and omg XD Her dad threatened her hamster not to jump out of the cage, or else he'll barbecue him for their dinner XD
    edited June 2013
    Oh my :shock: :lol:
    It'd be such a teeny dinner too
    edited June 2013
    I'm pretty sure this story is my most recent. It's for a contest Erin (from the GG forums) hosted :)

A Cruel but Beautiful World

I lived alone and full of fear in my childhood. Full of frights and full of insecurities. You don't know how much I had suffered to be on this planet... I knew what I had when I was a child, I was told I was sick and I will be sick for a very long time. A part of my memory had faded... that day when I was tormented by my 'friends'. I suffered alone and no one could help me. I was helpless and I'm clearly not belonged in this world. Every day of childhood, I remember such horrible people saying things behind my back, laughing and pointing at the little girl who was sick. I thought, I just had a cold and there was nothing to be afraid of... but as I grew older I realize this was not a cold and it was something to be afraid of. I am afraid of it and it is afraid of me... I just can't understand why it chose me... I lived a life in my childhood where I was bullied, kicked, shoved, and smacked. There was not one person in my life who understood me and how I felt...

There came a day, a dark and dreary one... where I fell in love with my classmate in highschool. His name was Evan. He had gold locks and dreamy blue eyes. I fell for him and I fell for him hard. That day, proved that I was something to be afraid of... I was garbage. I remember his exact words to me when I told him my feelings... "You're pretty and all, but I can't be seen with something like you..." I laughed... I am a something? You see... I am not even human in his eyes; I am just something... That day was the day when my whole world crashed before my eyes... the day where I finally accepted that I was nothing at all but a mistake... He had told me that I was garbage and his friends would laugh... Every day after that moment, he'd laugh at me with his friends. I thought for once in my life that everything will change when I got to high school... but things got more serious and dangerous.

I am just a mistake in the world. No one appreciates my existance so why should I? There's nothing in the world that'll make me happy, so why try every day to endure it and keep moving forward... I wanted to know this, the answer to all my questions... Why am I here; living and breathing in this cruel world? Evan was the first person who I truly thought would change for me... however I guess I was wrong in the end. I am something... not even human not even an animal... I am just something. Something that was a mistake.

After that day... things got worst. I was cornered by girls and I was hit and kicked. For some reason... they wanted to hurt me and wanted to make me feel lower than they were. I don't understand this... Why am I enduring so much pain yet I can end it in one simple act. Suicide. You're garbage.

You're a mistake. You're a nuisance. Get away from that thing! I can't be friends with you anymore because you have an infectious disease. Sorry, I can't be seen with something like you. She touched me, I have to go to the doctor now!

What is this nonsense.... Such cruel people it's useless to endure this much pain for no reason. Why are people so cruel to me? Just because I have a sickness... Such a cruel world full of cruel people... Do I really deserve to be here? What's the point... It's pointless and I can't do anything. I don't have enough power to stand up and face them... I've lost all my friends and no one is willing to stand by me anymore.

One bright day, full of white clouds and beautiful skies; I decided to end it once and for all. I wanted to kill myself. There was no other method... what am I going to do? Stand up for myself? I'll only look like a fool. Killing myself is the only method in my mind to end my suffering once and for all. I am helpless and no one will save me.. no matter what happens cruel people will be cruel people and sick people will be sick people. I won't change anything... If I don't have any power to change anything I might as well die now than suffer in the future... It makes sense. I should end all this now to save my pain and endurance for the future. I can't do anything... I'm powerless... no one will listen to me... this is the only way to end everything.

As I got up to the balcony ledge I looked down... Such an endless road to the bottom... My life will end soon enough. This is what I want... I want everything to be over and I want things to end... I hate my life so why should I continue living in such a cruel world? Before I was going to close my eyes... I heard the wind howl for the last time... I felt a sudden cold breeze... I felt a message. I started to cry and fell stepped away from the ledge... As the tears ran down my face... I thought this is not what I want. I want to be happy, live a normal life, have friends, fall in love, get a job, be married, have kids... But that's impossible for someone like me... I won't be able to live until I am 24... I want to be normal... I hate this disease... What did I do to deserve such a terrible curse? I was good... I didn't deserve this at all... In the end, I knew what I wanted and I knew what I didn't want. I wanted to be happy for once... and I didn't want to die.. not yet.

My family moved to the outskirts of the city and it was peaceful and calm... We lived in a quiet and lovely neighbourhood where everyone respected each other. I had friends, and I was treated fairly. Everything was nice... until the day I met him. One night, I came from a friend's house and I passed out from the rain on his lawn. He was a quiet, intelligent and handsome guy. However, something seemed so strange about him; like everything around him was new to his eyes. We grew closer and closer... then I fell in love with him. He was new to the world because he had been locked up in his house for so many years... he hasn't been outside for a long time.

Its ironic isn't it... A girl whose life is about wither... and a man who has just been introduced to the world fell in love... It won't be a safe journey for us... but in time we will get through this together. Everyday, I'd take a photograph of anything in around me outside, nature, the school, the flowers, the sun... anything. It's to remind me that every day is wonderful and I should be thankful I didn't do anything to myself because if it wasn't for that breeze... I wouldn't be happy now. Yes, I am finally happy. I've come a long way, but in the end it was worth the wait...

One night, I sit on my hospital bed with a sheet of paper and a pencil before me... I was going to write. I was going to write my wishes and promises down... It's time that I did this... because my time is almost near... I can feel it. As I write down things and people I love... the memories start to rush back, the good and bad ones... Tears start to run down my face as I reach the final wish and promise... My promise to the man I love.

I want you to live a happy life...

I started to write... Then I burst out into tears. If I die people will be upset and I will disappoint him and my family....

Be happy with someone else and...

I couldn't take this.... More and more tears started to fall down and landed on my paper... I don't want him to be with someone else, I don't want him to be married and have kids, I don't want him to love someone else... I don't want him to forget about me and live another happy life without me... I want to be the mother of his kids, I want to be the one who says I love you at our Wedding, I want to be the one who says good morning and good night every day... I want to be the one standing beside you till we die... But... I know that this is impossible and I can never be those things. My heart started to shatter just thinking about the future...

No. I cannot think like this. I know where I belong... and I must give him strength to carry on without me by his side... I have to be happy... for everyone's sake and mine. I tried to smile... but I couldn't... I crushed up the paper and tossed it to the side. I'm not ready to die.. not yet...

That day, a flower had withered but another had bloomed. The man she loved continued to pursue his dream to become a photographer... She inspired him to capture the essence of this beautiful world with images to remind him that life is everywhere and it's full of risks and chances... He continued on with his life and everyday he'd look at the images she had taken with him... and said I love you. Until the day, he got married... everything suddenly ended.

As for Rose... She is watching him from above, guiding him into a new and better life. She's always there and always will be, watching and guiding him as his guardian angel.

She didn't regret one part of life, because if it wasn't for this sickness she wouldn't have met the person she loved... She cherished every moment until her time was near... She learned to let go and accept everything... And finally accepted herself as who she really was... not a mistake, not garbage, not something.... but a beautiful human being.

She finally found the answer to her question... She was born on that Earth... to find happiness... and she did.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Yes! -crosses fingers- Let's hope for the best :D

I haven't written in a while. I guess I'm really caught up with everything, lol. I have my graduating to concentrate and my speeches and stuff. I usually get right into writing when I'm in the zone ( 8) )

you're making a speech at your graduation? [impressed] I barely graduated... got A's on every test but i lived right on the beach and was a "chronic truant". :/

PS- loveeee this song never heard it before <3
    natrules12 wrote:
    Haha yes you can ^u^ thank you! i admire your work-especially your sims because they're so unique and awesome! Time travel sounds pretty cool to me. And I hope they don't mess up the mer-people. I'm holding onto this little mermaid kingdom type ideal :lol:

awww thank you <3 i love the idea of time travel! i hope we get koopas hahahah

super-mario-bros-movie-goomba.jpg

edited June 2013
    natrules12 wrote:
    Speaking of animals, random note: my guinea pig casually just peed on my bed because I'm trying to trim her nails. Poor guinea

omg i had i guinea when i was six. i named him barney and my mom gave him away :(