Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Seasons) Guide to Seasonal Lot Markers

Comments

• e1990re1990r Posts: 86 Member
    edited March 2013
    Would you first place everything you want on the lot year round before placing the seasonal lot marker and then changing the lot based on the different seasons?

What if I want the same couch on the lot but in different colors based on the season, can I have it change colors or do I have to have four different couches?
  • simgrassalidalesimgrassalidale Posts: 22 New Member
    edited March 2013
    e1990r wrote:
    Would you first place everything you want on the lot year round before placing the seasonal lot marker and then changing the lot based on the different seasons?

What if I want the same couch on the lot but in different colors based on the season, can I have it change colors or do I have to have four different couches?

technically it would be 4 different couches
  • e1990re1990r Posts: 86 Member
    edited March 2013
    Are wall coverings go into each season or in the year round area. I would like my living room walls to change based on the season.
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited March 2013
    e1990r wrote:
    Are wall coverings go into each season or in the year round area. I would like my living room walls to change based on the season.
    You can't change wall coverings, but you can use different wall decorations for every season :wink:
  • RickatlRickatl Posts: 115 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Do you need seasonal markers to make the leaves go away after fall on community and neighbor lots. I noticed they will clear from my Festival lots after fall (and the world terrain and even my sims home lot), but never from the other community and neighbor lots around town. The parks and such look pretty messy. I am using a fresh install, plain vanilla game. I can't figure how to make them go away

screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg
  • heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited March 2013
    Quick answer for the person that asked about the seasonal marker: If you enter the "testingcheatsenabled true" and then "buydebug" go from Build Mode to Buy Mode, sometimes back again and the marker should show up. I believe that it's hidden on purpose since it's noted if you delete it, everything merges into common mode.

Overall, I'm quite irritated. I used moveobjects to place a couple of things in my home. I used mistletoe in a hallway, I used garland above doorways, and I put stockings "on" the fireplace mantle. The doors and fireplace are all in common mode, decor in winter. However, when my lot rotates in live mode, all the common mode items are either deleted or pop to the nearest valid location. Apparently, moveobjects cannot be used in conjunction with common and seasonal phases. Anything I used moveobjects on that are in the same season are fine. If not though, common objects do NOT stay in place. This is a serious oversight. If I don't use the seasonal lot marker at all and place the same objects, there is no interference between the doors and the objects. Mistletoe and doors can be used without issue even though moveobjects had to be trued on for placement. Please, please fix this.

The slot thing is also an issue. The slot should "open" back up when it is not in use in different seasons. What's the point of having a parent and child relationship if they cannot also be used separately? I've worked around this by having a new counter/table/etc wherever I need it but good gravy. The marker seems to cause tons of problems if you're not "just so" with it.

These issues especially need to be addressed in the front page. People won't go reading through 14 pages of info to see if they can do something. They expect to get the main information on the first page. Please update the first post accordingly.
  • heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited March 2013
    I just retested my house. I turned moveobjects off and either deleted or replaced items elsewhere that were used with it on. My mistletoe placed just fine where I had it before with the cheat off. I went back into the lot to re-test it and, when the season rotates to winter, it is still deleting (by deleting, I mean hiding because it's still technically in the wall and sims can use it but it looks like they're walking through the wall) any door that is close to it.
  • crp01crp01 Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    Sid1701D9 wrote:
    Well I do believe that the showtime stage may work in rotating seasons by only placing the stage and audience in that season. To me have not really seen any outside concerts during the Winter Months. Also the singer would get cold and freeze. So in order for simfest to happen you need a audience and stage. Create the raised platform in common mode, switch to construction mode add the audience area and than final add the audience area in the Spring and Fall with the stage. So during the Spring and fall season the stage will act like a special concert.
    Even though you won't be able to have any scheduled gigs as the stage will completely disappear during the summer and winter month when you don't really see any outdoor concerts that munch.

Edit maybe you can have scheduled gigs as those gigs will only activate when the stage is active. The only problem is removing the stage deletes the proprietors job.

This DOES work. I have tried it. however i will mention a few drawbacks.

one the cancel steady gig doesn't work. (not sure if it was working in the first place because i couldn't cancel steady gigs on other lots that aren't changing with the seasons) however when the "new" proprietor showed up, I get the option to "cancel steady gig" with the new proprietor even though another sim was the previous proprietor that i had a steady gig with.

also I should note that this was just recent so I'm not entirely sure what would happen after four or five season cycles with five different proprietors every summer and how it might look in your gig schedule, like having five different steady gigs in the same venue that aren't active anymore.

second, so far I have only seen the stage work when you only use the venue's setup. You can't, so far as i have tested, use the "used saved setup" or "create a new setup". What happens is that when you enter buy/build mode, your "saved" setup automatically goes into "Common". then when i try to go back into live mode, the sim, stage setup gets reset because of the seasonal lot marker overwriting it back to default.

should note again that this was recent and I only did it one way, however i can think of a few other ways to try and achieve the goal with seasonal showtime venues and "saved setups" just have to place things in a different order i guess.

I hope the next patch includes fixing the cancel steady gig and making it to where we can have seasonal concerts with our "saved setups" because lets face it, no one except the REALLY dedicated fans would go watch an outside concert in the middle of winter.
  • crp01crp01 Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    Also, I wonder if it's possible for the "construction mode" or "common mode" will last longer and have the festival arrive just a week before the change of seasons instead of just a common or construction mode only lasting one day in the new season before the festival shows up. at least, this is what is happen in my game.
  • silvergreenmoonsilvergreenmoon Posts: 621 New Member
    edited April 2013

I have an issue, I finished my lot and the seasons and all that work and so does the festivals, however I forgot to add something I wanted to the summer fest, I went into build mode to edit the lot and the seasonal lot marker is no longer there, I searched everywhere, I tried placing a new one but it says only one can be on the lot.
  • Oum_BoJaeOum_BoJae Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Big Thanks
  • bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I can only get the plants to stay growing in Summer only. The freeze and thaw causes the stuck in harvest.... I need my season's back but is there ever going to be a fix for this.. the post I saw first was way back there.. like from 2010

I don't get this going through that long list and fixing my own bugs, Are you the one we get tech support for Season's from? We need this stuff fixed... I don't have anything stuck at the moment because I've only been using summer but I want my weather back... I like snow too, but I can't have it killing my plants.

I don't get anything that guy on the bug fixes even says.. help us here. this isn't our job.

Can you get us an update? I NEVER thought owning Season's meant my plants wouldn't produce.

Requesting tech support ticket for "stuck in harvest" issue 5/18/2013
  • xpoisonivyxpoisonivy Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Is there a festival lot for Dragon Vallely?
  • NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hey there

Slight problem...

I was in the process of building a "festival" house when I needed to restart my computer. I had saved, thankfully, just prior to restarting.

But here's the thing... when I started up my game again, and typed in the cheats (testingcheatsenabled and buydebug), I can no longer see my Seasonal Marker! I can see my objects are transparent, but I cannot see the marker!

Help?! I can't place another marker (as you said, the game will only allow one per lot). I don't know what to do! :(

EDIT: Never mind! It reappeared. I was building a second house for my Sims (on a lot they purchased), and to get the marker to reappear, I went to Map view, clicked on the secondary lot and chose Real Estate > Buy on this lot and it appeared again.

WHEW! :D
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • RubytheCutyRubytheCuty Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Thank you so much!! Bookmarked. :)
  • NeonAngelNeonAngel Posts: 90 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Wonderful tutorial. Gave it a go and everything worked out fine! !!! Thanks heaps :)
  • ciderbear9ciderbear9 Posts: 24
    edited September 2013
    I just wanted to say, thank you so much, Graham! This lot helped me SO much with building! I can't thank you enough. Just one question, how do I get the Seasonal Lot Changer Ball thing? I'm so sorry if you already mentioned it, maybe I just didn't catch it! :oops:
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2013
    ciderbear9 wrote:
    I just wanted to say, thank you so much, Graham! This lot helped me SO much with building! I can't thank you enough. Just one question, how do I get the Seasonal Lot Changer Ball thing? I'm so sorry if you already mentioned it, maybe I just didn't catch it! :oops:

I belive it is in buydebug

that's an extra category you have to open using cheats

oh and if any one have made a festival lot, do click my siggy and take part in my treasure hunt... you might win a little something
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited November 2013
    I've built two custom designed festival lots using the cheats "teatingcheatsenabled true" and "buydebug on" to get the seasonal lot marker so I could have festival lot I built and designed work like the EA standard festival lots with major improvements on EA's lots with self-serve kitchen areas and washrooms with showers.I also moved the soccer goal in mine to fall and replaced it with water slides and other water activities.I'm using one of my custom festival lots in my custom world for my game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited November 2013
    TadOlson wrote:
    I've built two custom designed festival lots using the cheats "teatingcheatsenabled true" and "buydebug on" to get the seasonal lot marker so I could have festival lot I built and designed work like the EA standard festival lots with major improvements on EA's lots with self-serve kitchen areas and washrooms with showers.I also moved the soccer goal in mine to fall and replaced it with water slides and other water activities.I'm using one of my custom festival lots in my custom world for my game.
    I don't suppose you still respond to this but that's AMAZING! So how'd you do it?
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited November 2013
    15+ PAGES of "thank yous" and I still can't find HOW TO: Build Festival Grounds from scratch!
    :cry:
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
    edited December 2013
    Whoops - accidental post; meant to edit a previous post.
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    edited January 2014
    i downloaded the festival lot for roaring heights and installed it but when I go to click on the summer snack concession stand I get message no interactions available all the other things work.

turns out the lot was set as big park not festival.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hello,

I'm in the process of trying to get my first festival park to work. I built one on a 30x20 lot to see if everything would fit. Did label the lot as 'festival grounds' and it does have the crystal ball festival marker. Question: When you have that marker does that mean that you don't have to place any of festival items? I first made the lot to fit in a small world I'm using created by Rflong. It was autumn at the time so I put the fall items in it not knowing that the marker would do it. Would that be why the lot didn't change to the winter stuff when the season changed?

What would be the smallest sized world that would fit all the festival items comfortably with some common placed items? Is it best to play the game a little to see where the festival stuff is located then add the other stuff in 'edit town' mode or is there away to see where everything will be placed during the original build? Am trying to use as small a lot as possible so that it will fit into any sized world, especially the smaller ones where space is limited.

Thank you for your help.

Silver
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for this tutorial, it was a great read on something I've never understood how to use before!!!
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top