We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CONFIRMED - No The Sims 4 at E3!

Confirmed: NO #TheSims4 @ E3

Let it out...

Comments

• Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited June 2013
    Aw.
    That is such a huge disappointment.
    Well, I hope I get to see some Island Paradise, Grand Theft Auto V, The Walking Dead: Season Two, and The Last Of Us!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,741 Member
    edited June 2013
    I personally think its a red herring. I mean yes it wouldn't be at E3 but it will be talked about a bit on June 10th. The day before E3
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Mia576Mia576 Posts: 393 New Member
    edited June 2013
    You were faster, Urosh! :P

And EA is crazy. Period.
  • SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited June 2013
    Why? Just why?

Biggest place to show of a new game, and they don't do it... :x :(

NOW IM MAD! :evil: lol!

Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited June 2013
    Mia576 wrote:

And EA is crazy. Period.
    Nah, they are actually being smart.

Island Paradise is very hyped right now, and EA wants to let it sell properly as its a closure to The Sims 3 series.

I think EA is well aware of the fact not many people are interested in Time Travel EP, and sales of expansions have already dropped massively past year, so Island Paradise is their last chance of getting Sims 3 to do well before they move onto TS4.

So far, I expect: June 18th - more talk about it on Live Chat, but nothing much, and then, after IP is released, on July 9th we'll get whole Sims 4 event, announcements etc.
  • NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2013
    LARGGLDUDKVZITAJRYCHJLVUOS!!!

Okay. I feel better now. I just discovered the magical world of custom content. Good luck, everyone else! :mrgreen:
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2013
    Meh... now that they've said this, I wouldn't expect anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did say something about TS4. I still can't see them missing out on the biggest, most widely publicised gaming event of the year to talk about/show off TS4.
    edited June 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Meh... now that they've said this, I wouldn't expect anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did say something about TS4. I still can't see them missing out on the biggest, most widely publicised gaming event of the year to talk about/show off TS4.

Possibly a bad decision, though they will probably showcase TS4 at Gamescom in August. That's too far away, though. :D
    edited June 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Mia576 wrote:

And EA is crazy. Period.

Island Paradise is very hyped right now, and EA wants to let it sell properly as its a closure to The Sims 3 series.

I think EA is well aware of the fact not many people are interested in Time Travel EP, and sales of expansions have already dropped massively past year, so Island Paradise is their last chance of getting Sims 3 to do well before they move onto TS4.

So far, I expect: June 18th - more talk about it on Live Chat, but nothing much, and then, after IP is released, on July 9th we'll get whole Sims 4 event, announcements etc.

EA is sneaky. I'll wait for July and August (Gamescom) then. Still, I was expecting even the slightest snippet. But, okay.

Edit: How do you know the sales of EPs dropped last year? I don't check on those things, so I thought they'd showcase TS4. So they actually release sales reports, or..?
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    Eh, doesn't bother me too much, as I figured they wouldn't have one out yet. Like when someone posted that the trailer was coming in 10 days I was very confused because I thought they were going to wait until after IP at least. The website someone posted that said EA was going to be talking about it at e3 made me wonder, but I didn't want to get my hopes up...in case this happened lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
    edited June 2013
    Mia576 wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Mia576 wrote:

And EA is crazy. Period.

EA is sneaky. I'll wait for July and August (Gamescom) then. Still, I was expecting even the slightest snippet. But, okay.

Edit: How do you know the sales of EPs dropped last year? I don't check on those things, so I thought they'd showcase TS4. So they actually release sales reports, or..?
    I doubt any company releases sales publicly (unless they just want to brag like in case of opening weeks). You can check retail sales on multiple sites (wouldn't ever recommend Wikipedia as a source since it's freely edited by whoever wants to edit it).

I've gathered my info from VG Charts site, which does retail statistics for sales.

For example, Seasons (which most of us assume is best selling) sold just 94,179 copies in retail sales (site does not gather digital sales data, so that's not actual numbers). But, considering above 60% of SimCity's sales were digital, I'd assume Seasons sold about 200-250k copies total.

In comparison to Seasons, Late Night sold insane 1,300,000 copies in retail sales (ok, it was over course of almost 4 years, but still). In 2010 alone, Late Night sold above 500.000 copies. World Adventures sold 720.000, Ambitions sold 840.000.

So, when Pets was released, that was about time The Sims 3 peaked in sales.

Of course, these numbers don't include digital sales (Steam, Origin, digital sales from Amazon and other sources), so it's not 100% accurate, especially considering the fact in past year, digital games have become far more popular and appealing (not to mention Steam's crazy 75% off sales etc.)

But, nonetheless, there is a drop in sales ever since Pets. That happened to Sims 2 as well, so it's nothing strange. University was highest selling EP from The Sims 2 era (1.7 million copies sold), then after it is Nightlife (second EP) and they pretty much go on in same manner - the further away an EP is, less it sells.

I guess it's because many people just want base game and are satisfied with it as they don't want to spend more money on the game. And probably because first EPs get most buzz simply because they are first EPs and everyone is still hot on the game. :)

... well this post just dragged itself for 8 paragraphs :lol:
  • foxmanicfoxmanic Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well there went my interest in E3. :/ (and no this year there aren't any other games I'm waiting for)

Neither IP or the Time Travel EP interest me (unless they actually do the latter properly instead of it being a text story you can read while your sim travels in time through amazing things and you twiddle your thumbs waiting for them to come back :roll: ) so eh, guess I'll just hope they reveal something on the 10th day then or during the next livestream but they really should give us SOME actual information about it soon or the whining on this board will get even worse. :/

If I was EA I would showcase Sims 4 even if all I had was lame concept pictures or really tiny amount of information (possibly the main selling point like living through generations was for Sims 2 and Open neighborhood for 3) since it would get media attention that way. Sims 3 never sold as many copies as Sims 2 did (source) so they should just turn their attention to the hopefully next big cash cow and forget about the failure called Sims 3. :|
  • Dan1el1996Dan1el1996 Posts: 124 Member
    edited June 2013
    I hope that they are deceiving us, and The Sims 4 comes as a surprise! XD
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2013
    EA's focus will probably be on Dragon Age III, Sims IP, and possible they'll give us a peak at the next EP, Into the Future.

I agree for Sims 4 they'll probably hold off until Gamescon so they don't overshadow what's coming sooner.
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    Erm I' pretty sure Seasons and Supernatural were huge sellers.
  • RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2013
    Aww I really wanted to see something. A trailer would of been awesome, but the least I was hoping for was an image of the real sims, not renders like the other ones. :?
  • MiloBeanMiloBean Posts: 770 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm interested in how you know about expansion sales. As far as I know, the last three were top sellers. Do you have a link to your stats?
    Also, who said they weren't interested in a time travel ep? Where are these facts coming from?
  • Jess1281Jess1281 Posts: 466 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Katnap wrote:
    EA's focus will probably be on Dragon Age III, Sims IP, and possible they'll give us a peak at the next EP, Into the Future.

I agree for Sims 4 they'll probably hold off until Gamescon so they don't overshadow what's coming sooner.

I don't want to hear about Dragon Age 3...It's next gen... Curse you EA/Microsoft! Why could it be both Xbox 360 & One, PS3/4 ??? Why?!?!?!

NVM I checked the E3 insider, it claims it's for Xbox 360 also...How accurate is that, or is it a blanket to cover everything and then change it later?
    edited June 2013
    MiloBean wrote:
    I'm interested in how you know about expansion sales. As far as I know, the last three were top sellers. Do you have a link to your stats?
    Also, who said they weren't interested in a time travel ep? Where are these facts coming from?
    As I put in my post, I use VGChartz site to gather such information as it's one of the most reliable sites I know for such info, much like Mediatraffic is for music. So feel free to correct me if you have any other source that's got numbers. :)
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2013
    There haven't been enough information for me to have interest in a Future EP, I think that lots of the simmers have expressed the same. Maybe once information have started coming out there will be lots of changed minds. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited June 2013
    The Sims 4 section has been removed from the E3 Insider website as well.

Aw.
  • smilies246smilies246 Posts: 556 New Member
    edited June 2013
    That makes a lot of sense! The further an EP is from the game the less it sells, it explains why the GOOD expansions (seasons, pets, university and the likes) came just as it was going rather than coming first like World Adventures?! Which was a dumb expansion (Sorry, but I can't even get a holiday home unless I explore tombs a gazillion times in each holiday thing!) ;p;
  • Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited June 2013
    Eh, I'm not all that surprised.
  • simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited June 2013
    Jess1281 wrote:

I don't want to hear about Dragon Age 3...It's next gen... Curse you EA/Microsoft! Why could it be both Xbox 360 & One, PS3/4 ??? Why?!?!?!

because that negates the fact of it being next-gen? they would have to make a second dumbed down version that would practically be a different game for 360/PS3 gaming cant stay on this gen forever, and its already outlived its welcome. you cant have innovation when hardware is constantly limited like it is right now.

also @ the other person. EA doesn't focus on one game at a time like valve does. all of their studios do their own thing. what DICE is doing doesn't affect what bioware is doing and so on(except for the frostbite engine)
  • DancerBakerSimLoveDancerBakerSimLove Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited June 2013
    ..what's E3?