We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adoption Idea..Base Game

Hi, I have found in TS3 that parents adopting, can not choose the skin color of their children, and to me, that is frustrating...I want the babies/Toddlers/Children to have the same skin color as their adopted parents, at least give us a choice optoin for that, Please...

Thank you.. :lol:

Comments

• glitterandguitarsglitterandguitars Posts: 259 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I reckon it would be cool to choose the race of the child, such as Asian, African-American, Caucasian, etc. That would be cool :)
  • adityarajadityaraj Posts: 358 New Member
    edited June 2013
    i feel the same way too......!!
    there should definitely be an option for parents to choose the race of the child they want to adopt.....i don't really care for how random the races and skin colors of the adopted kids are......they should have an option in which they provide a list of kids available for adoption with their photos. and then the parents can choose who they want.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2013
    what race are the kids with green and red skin?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • MegasaurusMegasaurus Posts: 134 Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't think they should give skin color options, however I find it ridiculous that you get to see a picture and a description of dogs, cats, and horses before you adopt them but not kids.
    You should be able to see profiles like that on kids available for adoption. I want to know what the kids looks like and what their traits are.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:
    what race are the kids with green and red skin?

Ha ha, exactly what I was thinking... :lol:

This is a good idea OP, I'd like to be able to pick the children I adopt too.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think there should be an orphanage/foster home where prospective parents go to meet whatever kids are there and then choose from them. That way you can choose whatever color someone wants. Maybe even have one trait of the child to view as well.
    edited June 2013
    Also have supernatural kids to adopt.
    That is if they add supernatural Sims back into the mix at some point, which they probably will.
    edited June 2013
    I do like the idea of the orphanage, I mean we see the social workers pick up neglected kids...they gotta go some place. Why not make it visit-able non-rabbit hole lot?
  • NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2013
    Megasaurus wrote:
    Also have supernatural kids to adopt.
    That is if they add supernatural Sims back into the mix at some point, which they probably will.

I love this idea! :mrgreen:
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2013
    Katnap wrote:
    I think there should be an orphanage/foster home where prospective parents go to meet whatever kids are there and then choose from them. That way you can choose whatever color someone wants. Maybe even have one trait of the child to view as well.

I love this idea, would make it more realistic. You should probably have to visit the orphanage/foster home so many times before you can adopt too
    My origin id is sim2011
  • ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited June 2013
    Megasaurus wrote:
    I do like the idea of the orphanage, I mean we see the social workers pick up neglected kids...they gotta go some place. Why not make it visit-able non-rabbit hole lot?

I remember in sims2 if a child was taken away they could be adopted within another family. I thought that was an amazing feature and would love to see that return. :)

I posted in another thread that I thought it would be interesting if adopting a baby you could see pics and traits of the biological parents as well. Could give you an idea what your child would grow up to look like! That is if genetics are improved in Sims4. Please make improved genetics in Sims4!!
  • andyb9274andyb9274 Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think they should give us a bit more insight into what the adopted kid will look like also. I also think that a kid taken away by a social worker could also be adopted by another household.
  • Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think you should also be able to put a kid up for adoption. Like I used the clone thing from UL but then realized that it has no parents. So I either want to adopt him or be able to put him up for adoption.

I also wish that if your child got taken away by a social worker that you could try and get him/her back.

If that system was in between sims2 and sims3 so it was harder to keep your child out of social services but it wasn't like if your child gets a f in school they get taken away forever.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    edited June 2013
    Katnap wrote:
    This! I would absolutely love having this in my game. Not so much having to go back so many times, but you should be able to interact with a bunch of different kids before adopting. And I think that you should be able to see their traits, since realistically you could ask the other kids what somebody is like. Or better yet, maybe make that an interaction with the kids! "Ask John About..." and then it drops down to all the other kids in the orphanage and they can tell you something about them. "John tells you that Ashley is Evil." xD
  • acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't think they should have this in game...it's bad enough children in the real world get passed over because of skin color or ethnicity when adopted...I don't need that in my game...

You adopt a child because you want a child...NOT because you want it to look like you...how shallow would that be...

...just my opinion...
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think the best way to implement this would be to have portraits of the children and pick which you want, or have an orphanage. Going about race (which don't and I hope never exist in the Sim series) or skin colour is a step in the wrong direction.
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't even care if they let us visit but it would be nice to at least be given a list of around 5 randomly generated adoptees for the age you select and you get to see their appearance and traits.

Nobody just adopts a random kid they know nothing about.
  • acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2013
    ...they do in the Sims...lol

and I like it that way...it should be random...spices up the game in my opinion...they should include ALL life states in the strata for randomization...now THAT would be something good for Sims 4...
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • MissOzzylowMissOzzylow Posts: 20
    edited June 2013
    Megasaurus wrote:
    I don't think they should give skin color options, however I find it ridiculous that you get to see a picture and a description of dogs, cats, and horses before you adopt them but not kids.
    You should be able to see profiles like that on kids available for adoption. I want to know what the kids looks like and what their traits are.

I like the idea of the profiles I would like to see in sims 4 that your sim actually wishes to adopt just like when the wish for a baby.
  • DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't think they should have this in game...it's bad enough children in the real world get passed over because of skin color or ethnicity when adopted...I don't need that in my game...

You adopt a child because you want a child...NOT because you want it to look like you...how shallow would that be...

...just my opinion...
    I wouldn't want this so I could do that. I would prefer to actually add diversity to my families using this method. How awesome would it be if you had a story where your Sims wanted a big family, so they had a baby. But then you decide that the mom can't have any more kids (you can come up with whatever reason you want) so they decide to adopt. They go and adopt a child that's of a different ethnicity! I don't know, maybe that's just me... but I think that it'd be really cute. And I guess that you'd still be choosing based on ethnicity, even if it's not to make a WASP family or whatever. :\
  • RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    Personally, I LOVE this idea.

I would love to have an orphanage in town and also the ability to run the orphanage as a profession career. (I also think that community lots should be livable to create business/apartment places. Maybe places where the owner both owns and lives in their shop or w/e.)

Sims should be able to put babies-children up for adoption as well as being able to adopt their child.

I know that some people wouldn't want this, but then they don't have to use it in their game. These are SIMS not real people, this isn't hurting anybody and nothing is wrong with it. It's giving other players more gameplay and the option to have a place to go and get to know their future child and bring them home.

Simmers should still be able to call from the phone to adopt or adopt from a computer, though that seems VERY impersonal to me. There should be an option to randomize your adoption that way if you want the chance of getting a random child, you can have it.

This makes it so that those that do not like the idea of an orphanage can keep it out of their towns/delete it and still have the option of randomized adoption.

I mean, to be fair...children don't get chosen based on gender as well and yet you're allowed to choose that in game, as well as their age and age is the primary reason that a lot of children don't get adopted and yet we are allowed to choose up to children to adopt.

So really, it's not fair for it to not be implemented because some people are personally uncomfortable with it. They just don't realize that those kinds of things are already in the game, just not all of them. So really it doesn't matter and should be allowed to be put into the game for others to enjoy and create beautiful family stories of adoption.

In the end, they are just sims. No one is getting hurt and it's just a game. So, let others play how they want to play. Even if that means putting a mean old lady in charge of the orphanage and doing their own version of Little Orphan Annie. That's part of storytelling and what makes this game great for all players. :D

I'd also like to add that I prefer to adopt different nationality children and often am delighted to have them in my games. I just would love a place to go and have the family meet them before bringing them home. Also a place to create more stories and professions.
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • lexilou23lexilou23 Posts: 84 New Member
    edited June 2013
    While I don't think you should have the ability to select what race of child you're adopting, as someone else mentioned, you should be able to see a headshot of the child like you do when adopting pets.
  • RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    lexilou23 wrote:
    While I don't think you should have the ability to select what race of child you're adopting, as someone else mentioned, you should be able to see a headshot of the child like you do when adopting pets.

But by that same logic, we shouldn't be able to choose what gender the child is or what age. Personally, I think people should be able to do whatever they'd like in their games and if they'd like to choose a black child for their white family, they should be able to do so or choose whatever race they'd like, it happens all the time in real life.

I do like the head shot option for computer adoption. Though a head shot isn't going to stop anyone from selecting the race of child that they want, you can still tell what race the child is by their face and skintone and that will still be visible in a head shot.

Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited June 2013
    Personally, I LOVE this idea.

I would love to have an orphanage in town and also the ability to run the orphanage as a profession career. (I also think that community lots should be livable to create business/apartment places. Maybe places where the owner both owns and lives in their shop or w/e.)

Sims should be able to put babies-children up for adoption as well as being able to adopt their child.

I know that some people wouldn't want this, but then they don't have to use it in their game. These are SIMS not real people, this isn't hurting anybody and nothing is wrong with it. It's giving other players more gameplay and the option to have a place to go and get to know their future child and bring them home.

Simmers should still be able to call from the phone to adopt or adopt from a computer, though that seems VERY impersonal to me. There should be an option to randomize your adoption that way if you want the chance of getting a random child, you can have it.

This makes it so that those that do not like the idea of an orphanage can keep it out of their towns/delete it and still have the option of randomized adoption.

I mean, to be fair...children don't get chosen based on gender as well and yet you're allowed to choose that in game, as well as their age and age is the primary reason that a lot of children don't get adopted and yet we are allowed to choose up to children to adopt.

So really, it's not fair for it to not be implemented because some people are personally uncomfortable with it. They just don't realize that those kinds of things are already in the game, just not all of them. So really it doesn't matter and should be allowed to be put into the game for others to enjoy and create beautiful family stories of adoption.

In the end, they are just sims. No one is getting hurt and it's just a game. So, let others play how they want to play. Even if that means putting a mean old lady in charge of the orphanage and doing their own version of Little Orphan Annie. That's part of storytelling and what makes this game great for all players. :D

I'd also like to add that I prefer to adopt different nationality children and often am delighted to have them in my games. I just would love a place to go and have the family meet them before bringing them home. Also a place to create more stories and professions.

You know what would be cool, if you could put a child up for adoption and another player could adopt them. They could have an interconnected orphanage where any babies who are given for adoption are taken to the orphanage. Then other players could see them from their orphanage and adopt them.
  • adityarajadityaraj Posts: 358 New Member
    edited June 2013
    lexilou23 wrote:

But by that same logic, we shouldn't be able to choose what gender the child is or what age. Personally, I think people should be able to do whatever they'd like in their games and if they'd like to choose a black child for their white family, they should be able to do so or choose whatever race they'd like, it happens all the time in real life.

I do like the head shot option for computer adoption. Though a head shot isn't going to stop anyone from selecting the race of child that they want, you can still tell what race the child is by their face and skintone and that will still be visible in a head shot.

haha absolutely!
    it's just a game! i don't think people should be getting all fired up just because there would be an option to select the race or color of the sim. it happens all the time in real life. a white family would want a kid from another ethnicity etc etc.... . it doesn't have to be a "racial " thing. :) like someone else mentioned that it woud be "shallow" to choose a child's color or race,....well it's just providing simmers with more options and to be honest, many people prefer that the adopted kid look somewhat like themselves!