Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DataHead's Build Thread: D.N.A. & More! -- The Sims 4?

Comments

• xxtwilight19xxxxtwilight19xx Posts: 1,084 Member
    edited April 2013
    Here comes another super long post, my apologies!

Well first of all, I really like the exterior of the house! It looks phenomenal and the coloring is great :mrgreen:

As for the interior, I really like the columns you put in. That was a really nice touch! I also love the choice in bedroom furniture, it's great!

How do you plan on recoloring the interior? I like the splashes of red/white a lot, but at the moment, all the grey is a bit overwhelming. I'd like there to be a bit more contrast instead of everything being the same color :)

I actually have not bought University Life yet, but don't let that stop you from using it! There's a lot from that expansion that I could envision in the house. I'm waiting for my birthday to get the EP which is coming up very soon. I won't even need this house for at least another month because it's for a story. So go ahead and use UL items!

The idea of a garden sounds nice. It's times like these when I really wish I had Outdoor Living Stuff! It'd be perfect for this.. I don't know if there's anything you can do to put together a nice little modern patio/garden area with only the content I own. I like the whole idea of having an outdoor bar and seating area so see what you can do with the content I own. This wasn't part of my request so just do whatever you think looks right!

The only thing I'd like done a little differently is the living area. I'd like it if it were a little bit bigger and I'd like there to be a fireplace involved somehow. Ignore the colors in these pictures but here's a few ideas of how you could go about the TV/fireplace placement.

Fireplace wall divider thingy- image wasn't working so here's the URL: http://www.trendecoration.com/wp-content/uploads/natural-modern-living-room.jpg

TV/Fireplace combo
    jeff+lewis.bmp

TV/Fireplace/Bookcase combo
    011711_tvfireplace.jpg

Another TV/Fireplace combo
    Gothic-Living-Room-Interior-Design.jpg

• DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, nothing is really set yet especially for the living room. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the space seem bigger than it really is.

As for the pallet, I get what you mean about the grey, and I agree completely. I'll most likely end up using a different wall pattern for the main living areas, because it doesn't work as well inside as it does outside. I'll use more whites since you mentioned that, and I think the whites will really help the space look nicer. I haven't placed lights either, which is another reason the areas look so dark and dull.

I'll see what I can do about the empty space, maybe a gazebo or something. I'll go in-game and play around with it a little. I already have a bar on the back deck, and I think it fits better there than it would in that space.
    edited April 2013
    That sounds fantastic! I was pretty sure you saw it too, but I just wanted to make sure. And the bar on the back deck does make more sense closer to the house. Something a little more secluded like gazebo would probably make more sense! I trust your opinions better than my own, that's why I handed this task over to DNA. Keep up the good work :D
    edited May 2013
    I am very sorry I have gone a little M.I.A. for a while, but I am still working on your house! I PROMISE!!! I have had some small problems with my game, and something came up in RL that I needed to take care of. But I will get this house uploaded this week FOR SURE! It might not be until Thursday or Friday, but I will get it up this week!

I fixed the living room, so it looks much bigger, and the fireplace looks a lot better. The colors look better and are less dull-looking. I've done a good amount of landscaping, and it all looks really nice.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is looking very nice! =) I love the hot tub area.
    edited May 2013
    Yay, I'm happy to hear from you!

Don't worry about it and you don't have to rush yourself. I completely understand! Just work on it when you have the time. :)

I'm really excited to see what you've done. I'm sure it all looks fantastic! :D
    edited May 2013
    roof_up_large.jpg

xxTwilight19xx - Your request is complete!

(I'll post more pictures in an hour or 2)
    edited May 2013
    YAY! :mrgreen:

I'm so excited! It looks fantastic! Thank you so, so very much for putting in your time to do this :) From the looks of the few pictures, it looks like you did a really great job with it!

And I just love the last picture. That view is going to perfect for my story, it's exactly what I was looking for.
    edited May 2013
    YAY! :mrgreen:

I'm so excited! It looks fantastic! Thank you so, so very much for putting in your time to do this :) From the looks of the few pictures, it looks like you did a really great job with it!

Thank you, I'm glad to hear you like it! Let me know how it works in-game; if you have trouble with routing or anything just let me know and I'll look into fixing it for you. And I want to see this story you're using the house for when you finish!!!
    edited May 2013
    Haha okay I will! It may take me awhile though, I'm awfully slow at getting things done :oops:

That view in the last picture is absolutely perfect by the way!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited May 2013
    Vampiric Vista is great. :) The red, grey and white colours you have used for the interior look good. Great furnishing of the house. The picture you have behind the bed in the bedroom and in the living room look good! The hallway looks good how you have the statues there. The outdoor is a nice place to relax outdoor on the loungers or in the hot tub . The last photo that you have included in the exchange link of your build is great how it shows a lovely scenic view of Bridgeport city when looking out from the outdoor patio.
    Its a great home!
    edited May 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Vampiric Vista is great. :) The red, grey and white colours you have used for the interior look good. Great furnishing of the house. The picture you have behind the bed in the bedroom and in the living room look good! The hallway looks good how you have the statues there. The outdoor is a nice place to relax outdoor on the loungers or in the hot tub . The last photo that you have included in the exchange link of your build is great how it shows a lovely scenic view of Bridgeport city when looking out from the outdoor patio.
    Its a great home!

Thank you Rose; Bridgeport is a lovely world, one of my favorite to play in. The pictures in the living room of Bridgeport change every so often, which is pretty cool. I've never used one of the digital picture frames in a build until now; and I like the turnout.
  • annin7annin7 Posts: 405 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello,it's so cool modern design :) Already rec'd :mrgreen:
    edited June 2013
    annin7 wrote:
    Hello,it's so cool modern design :) Already rec'd :mrgreen:

Thanks Annin! But I can't really take credit for the design, since its a recreation from an image. :mrgreen:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2013
    WOW! :shock: Brilliant job with Vampire Vista DH! I love the architecture and the interiors is simply droolworthy! Left you a well deserved recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • calkid96calkid96 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2013
    hi DH just checking in
    edited June 2013
    calkid96 wrote:
    hi DH just checking in

Thank you for checking in so quickly! I have a couple questions for you before I want to start on the request:

You said you wanted Deco furniture for the interiors of the apartment, could you provide pictures of some examples of rooms/furniture you like? If you can't find any, I'll try and find some you like.

How many floors do you want the penthouse to be/how much space do you want it to take up? Just 1 large floor? 2 floors that take up about half of the building? Etc.

When you say neutral colors, do you mean grey, beige, light woods, and some whites? Or are you thinking more monochromatic colors like white, black, and red?

What is the theme of the world you are placing the lot in? Could you provide a picture? This way I know how to do the landscaping around the building to fit in with the streets and surrounding areas.

What do you mean when you say 2 "normal" apartments (beds), and 3 penthouse. Do you want apartments for your sims, AND a penthouse?

Sorry this is a lot of questions, but I just want to be sure I get you everything you want in this build! :mrgreen:
    edited June 2013
    THanks heres the info you asked for

You said you wanted Deco furniture for the interiors of the apartment, could you provide pictures of some examples of rooms/furniture you like? If you can't find any, I'll try and find some you like.
    here are some examples but take it in any direction you like and i will be happy :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Municipal_Auditorium_art_deco_chandelier.jpg/800px-Municipal_Auditorium_art_deco_chandelier.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbp_C1fiw98q7366KNDcAFs9KGeptF6-sKmZzwCxPCOTFoWWyI

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_IQE0ggcjz_sHCIk6Tn6tjaMv-xmghewidyWVrXkQrfW7XBYC9Q

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoC-dz9rJEuAWViLs4_lU-i74xyetsr1EjeKkvFOPvbrIbepCViA

these are just ideas though don't be bound by them

How many floors do you want the penthouse to be/how much space do you want it to take up? Just 1 large floor? 2 floors that take up about half of the building? Etc.2 large floors please

When you say neutral colors, do you mean grey, beige, light woods, and some whites? Or are you thinking more monochromatic colors like white, black, and red? beige,white some pic and a splash of brighter colour thanks

What is the theme of the world you are placing the lot in? Could you provide a picture? This way I know how to do the landscaping around the building to fit in with the streets and surrounding areas. well the custom world is plain with only a few oak trees but i can get you a pic if needed but that will take a little time

What do you mean when you say 2 "normal" apartments (beds), and 3 penthouse. Do you want apartments for your sims, AND a penthouse? I am quite happy with just a penthouse but i thought you had to put other apartments in too so if thats not the case it's completely up to you.

Sorry this is a lot of questions, but I just want to be sure I get you everything you want in this build! :mrgreen: [/quote]

and that's completely fine it gives me something to do
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2013
    calkid96 wrote:
    THanks heres the info you asked for

here are some examples but take it in any direction you like and i will be happy :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Municipal_Auditorium_art_deco_chandelier.jpg/800px-Municipal_Auditorium_art_deco_chandelier.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbp_C1fiw98q7366KNDcAFs9KGeptF6-sKmZzwCxPCOTFoWWyI

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_IQE0ggcjz_sHCIk6Tn6tjaMv-xmghewidyWVrXkQrfW7XBYC9Q

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoC-dz9rJEuAWViLs4_lU-i74xyetsr1EjeKkvFOPvbrIbepCViA

these are just ideas though don't be bound by them

How many floors do you want the penthouse to be/how much space do you want it to take up? Just 1 large floor? 2 floors that take up about half of the building? Etc.2 large floors please

When you say neutral colors, do you mean grey, beige, light woods, and some whites? Or are you thinking more monochromatic colors like white, black, and red? beige,white some pic and a splash of brighter colour thanks

What is the theme of the world you are placing the lot in? Could you provide a picture? This way I know how to do the landscaping around the building to fit in with the streets and surrounding areas. well the custom world is plain with only a few oak trees but i can get you a pic if needed but that will take a little time

What do you mean when you say 2 "normal" apartments (beds), and 3 penthouse. Do you want apartments for your sims, AND a penthouse? I am quite happy with just a penthouse but i thought you had to put other apartments in too so if thats not the case it's completely up to you.

Sorry this is a lot of questions, but I just want to be sure I get you everything you want in this build! :mrgreen:

and that's completely fine it gives me something to do

Thanks! I'll try to get started tomorrow, and hopefully have some screenshots for you by the weekend!
    edited June 2013
    sounds good
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2013
    Calkid96:

DataHead sent me an e-mail via his iPhone to ask if I would contact you to let you know that he is having problems doing any Sims because of bad storms and power outages where he is vacationing with his family. He was really concerned because he had told you that he would be working on the request build for you and have some screenshots for you today, but this is just circumstances beyond his control. He wanted me to say that he is sorry and that he will work on it as soon as he is able.

I will also try to post this on DataHead's contact thread and on your Sim page but I don't know how you have your privacy settings adjusted so I don't know if it will allow me to post.

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2013
    thanks zoo,Tell him not to worry and that i hope he enjoys his vacation.
    edited June 2013
    Here you go, I uploaded them last night but I can't believe I forgot to post them on the thread. But here you go (finally) some WIP Pics. Just let me know what you think. I still have to recolor pretty much all of the objects.

qyzf9i.jpg
    2iu4x93.jpg
    mrzi2x.jpg
    mbq0lu.jpg
    fe1kjd.jpg
    edited June 2013
    IMAGE 1 - This is the living room/area. As you can see I put a grand piano in to give the apartment a more Art-deco feel. I really like how the curtains look in this room, but they don't look as nice in the other rooms, so I may not keep that kind of curtain.

IMAGE 2 - This shows you pretty much an overall view of the apartment. The elevator opens up to the main hallway, and then you can either head to the living space or kitchen/dining room. There are also 2 bedrooms (not shown) on the other side of the building (same floor).

IMAGE 3 - Shows you an overall view of the rooms a little more in detail. I still have to recolor the cabinets in the kitchen, but you can see the island has already been recolored, and that's what all of the counters and cabinets will look like.

IMAGE 4 - Exterior view showing the windows spanning the first and second floors.

IMAGE 5 - This is the second floor. There is a small portion of the balcony that juts out from the rest. This is so it covers all of that hallway space. The columns that sit in the corners of the living room and dining room span up through the open space that is created by the balcony.

Just let me know what you think, and if there's anything you want me to change!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited June 2013