We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please include Christmas Decorations in the base game

I didn't like having to wait several years before we got a christmas tree from the store. Please include xmas trees in the base game along with wreaths,mistletoe,poinsettie,gingerbread houses,outdoor lights and decorations and so much more.

My sims take this holiday like I do. I had to download a cc tree till we got the store one in the sims 3. I don't want to have to again. The sims 2 had xmas trees in the base game I believe as did the sims 1.

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,741 Member
    edited May 2013
    as long as they included the menorah, and an active drizel/spinny thing
    6adMCGP.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,335 Member
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    as long as they included the menorah, and an active drizel/spinny thing

Yea they should add them as well I agree for people who don't celebrate christmas. They need to also cover kwanza and hannaka.
  • darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think holiday items like that are exactly what should go in the store. That way people can pick and choose based on which holidays they celebrate.

Personally, I couldn't care less about Christmas. It's the Halloween items that I can't live without. :D
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think holiday items like that are exactly what should go in the store. That way people can pick and choose based on which holidays they celebrate.

I agree :lol: . Then I can choose not to have it in my game. I have no need of christmas, menorah, hanukkah, kwanzaa (well, the only kwanza I ever had was Angola's money, when I worked there as an expat :P ) decorations.

I would like them to put other generic decorations instead that can be used by any player, in the base game. Then put these holiday decorations in the store, free for download by anyone who wants them.
  • xPyrrhaxPyrrha Posts: 77 Member
    edited May 2013
    They should have a holiday expansion pack! I hate waiting for it though.
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013
    Tip: The Sims 2 didn't have a christmas tree in the base game, and neither should the Sims 4. it's left out for a reason, and if they include those decorations, they have to include the many, many other ones from different holidays. And there's a lot. So I'd rather have them separate, not in the base game. I won't be using then anyways.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2013
    Meh, there wasn't much controversy at the time Happy Holiday Stuff for Sims 2 was released. The decorations in that stuff pack were awesome (especially the deer lights on the lawn).

Having a Santa sim deliver presents to your Sim every winter doesn't seem bad either. He really isn't a symbol of any religion.

51kw9y9PZHL._SY445_.jpg

edited May 2013
    ^ I still don't see why they should repeat that again and once again leave other holidays shunned to the side. Well, actually, if it was a separate stuff pack/ free-store-deal/ thingy, I didn't mind. But that's not what the OP was asking.
    Edit: I see a menorah, but nothing that really deviates much from christmas. It seems like a uniform, christmas SP.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,983 Member
    edited May 2013
    I didn't like having to wait several years before we got a christmas tree from the store. Please include xmas trees in the base game along with wreaths,mistletoe,poinsettie,gingerbread houses,outdoor lights and decorations and so much more.

My sims take this holiday like I do. I had to download a cc tree till we got the store one in the sims 3. I don't want to have to again. The sims 2 had xmas trees in the base game I believe as did the sims 1.

Catloverplayer

I think Christmas trees were added with Livin Large in the Sims 1. They were not in the base game. They have holiday themed store objects for the Sims 3 that you can download for free periodically and one of them is a Christmas tree. They might do something similar for the Sims 4
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2013
    Holiday items in the store would be nice. All separate pieces though. I wouldn't want kwanza stuff unless it's nice general wall art like we have in sims 3. I love Christmas for it's true meaning including the lights, tree, stockings and things. :P
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    yes that would be good, as everyone else says if you don't like it delete it or don't use it

I have no problems having items from other peoples cultures because sims isn't all about me and my culture it's about making a diverse community of sims from all over the world
    My origin id is sim2011
    edited May 2013
    2011simone wrote:
    yes that would be good, as everyone else says if you don't like it delete it or don't use it

That's not the problem though. I could say the same thing against your argument.
    "If you want that stuff, just download it from the Sims 4 store (assuming it would be like we have it now). Don't force it into the base game."
    The problem I have is with them providing a semi-slew of christmas stuff but ignoring the many, many other holidays around that time, and then I'd have to use christmas stuff if I want any kind of celebration at all.
    Just leave it separate like it's supposed to be, what's so bad about that?
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree. :D
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    scratch-head.gif"width=150"

I don't see why we need to argue about this :lol: . I don't think there is any christmas decoration that came with TS series base game before. The decorations were came with SP/EP in TS1 and 2 and free store items in TS3. Please correct me if I am wrong.

It would be nice to include other generic decorations items in base game and holiday decorations as free store items like TS3. In this case we have more items and everyone happy. :mrgreen: .

Happy ?? :lol: . Well unless you just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

• Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to be able to celebrate Christmas and New Years in the game, like we could in Sims 2 with Santa Claus and Father Time. I would appreciate it being in the base game or at least in a separate EP/SP like Sims 2. I would also like holidays and festivals like we have in TS3 Seasons now.

Happy Simming! :)
  • Babydoll3133Babydoll3133 Posts: 42 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like Santa back - as long as he doesn't drop the gifts and then monopolize the bathroom for 3 or 4 sim hours like in 2. :D
  • NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited May 2013

Personally, I couldn't care less about Christmas. It's the Halloween items that I can't live without. :D

You took the words right out of my mouth. :lol:

The only holiday I care about is Halloween. Seriously, I leave the decorations up almost all year. I want my sims to do the same. :wink: