Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resolved, Thank You Very Much

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
~~EDIT~~

I want to say thank you very much. I'm now in the process of installing Dragon Valley and was able to use the money I had on my EA Account. I'm happy now. Just waiting patiently for the download to finish doing it's thing. :)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for this post! I have 2 EA cash cards that I was saving for DV. I was going to add them to my EA account balance.

I guess I am going to hold off on that for now.

Thanks again for making this known. You saved me a lot of hassle.
  • CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    edited May 2013
    I completely understand your frustration and anger. Like you, I intended to us my EA Cash Balance to purchase Dragon Valley. Much to my disappointment, when I was taken to the purchase page, EA Cash is not available for me.

Which, is interesting, since I was able to purchase Barnacle Bay using EA Cash. Perhaps this is a bug, or glitch, with the site. Hopefully we will be able to get DV soon.
  • scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh that is not good. I just put my EA cash card on so I would have a balance here to use towards DV. I take it that for whatever reason it is not working? I didn't try ordering it yet since I wanted to make sure others were able to download & play DV.

Is there something special we need to do in order to use our cash card balance when buying DV? Has it been possible to use cash card account balances on simpoint bundles in the past? I have never used the cash card or tried to use it here before this.
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the heads up! I was just about to do the same thing with the gold bundle. And one simmer didn't even get their 1900 simpoints. I understand it's just released and all, but they need to get it together unless they want a lawsuit :lol:
  • HIGHTIMES809HIGHTIMES809 Posts: 972 Member
    edited May 2013
    wow is it a rip off?
  • Wolfsinger483Wolfsinger483 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Go through "Buy Simpoints" under Store up top. It's what I just did. Haven't downloaded it yet, but it shows as purchased, got the simpoints, and Celtic Lands shows as purchased, too :-)
  • mja017mja017 Posts: 289 New Member
    edited May 2013
    @hightimes I look forward to your imminent 'dragon valley sucks' 'this is a rip off' 'I want a refund' posts
  • MoonriseKingdomMoonriseKingdom Posts: 480 Member
    edited May 2013
    Why am I not surprised..
  • dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited May 2013
    if it doesnt work out with darong valley you can all ways use towrds island Paradise. rembere to redeme your cards here first https://activate.ea.com/retailCode.do
  • CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    edited May 2013
    UPDATE: Was able to Purchase DV using EA Cash. (Photos included)

The Steps....

Step 1: At the top, right side, of the page there are the Sim Points, click this. It will take you to the page to purchase your Sim Points....
    step1uj.jpg

Step 2: Once you are on the purchase page for Sim points, scroll down to find the DV Bundles...select the one you want, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click next.
    step2y.jpg

Step 3: Select the option to purchase with EA Cash, click next to verify and complete your purchase.
    step3ks.jpg

Step 4: ENJOY!!
    I hope this helped everyone having an issue. :-D
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited May 2013

The Steps....

Step 1: At the top, right side, of the page there are the Sim Points, click this. It will take you to the page to purchase your Sim Points....

Step 2: Once you are on the purchase page for Sim points, scroll down to find the DV Bundles...select the one you want, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click next.

Step 3: Select the option to purchase with EA Cash, click next to verify and complete your purchase.

This worked for me as well. Which is good, cause I was getting seriously annoyed.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited May 2013
    I was also able to use my EA account balance to pay for this. I just went to the screen where you purchase simpoints and the bundle with DV is there. I selected the option to pay with my account balance and DV is now in my purchase history and I received my 1900 points.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited May 2013
    I third this. I was able to use my balance to purchase DV when I went through the main store page to buy simpoints, not through the dragon valley page. I can't purchase the venue or download DV however. that part is still not functioning for me.
  • jessicarr2005jessicarr2005 Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2013

The Steps....

step1uj.jpg

step2y.jpg

step3ks.jpg

You Are Awesome!!!!!! THank you Thank you!!
    I was pulling my hair out because I thought I couldnt use my EA card....
  • SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited May 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    I already know that I can not buy Dragon Valley with Sim Points. I don't have a credit card or deal with paypal. Instead I placed my money on my EA Account Balance. Now I am not able to use that CASH for the purchase of Dragon Valley. What in the HECK is the purpose of an EA Account Balance if we can't use that CASH to buy Dragon Valley?

Please don't tell me to edit my title, because I WILL NOT. :evil: I have waited patiently for Dragon Valley to be released, and I did not convert it over to Sim Points. Someone really needs to look into this and make it available to pay it this route, or is that against the law.

~~EDIT~~

I want to say thank you very much. I'm now in the process of installing Dragon Valley and was able to use the money I had on my EA Account. I'm happy now. Just waiting patiently for the download to finish doing it's thing. :)

The EA cash card is used to get simpoints or bundles in the buy simpoint page only. Since DV is also there, you can get them there as bundles with the EA cashcard balance as explained in the posts above.

Sometimes it is good to breathe and ask before yelling at people for attention. We are all very busy, but luckily there are very nice people who helped you out.

Thanks and glad it got resolved.

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited May 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    I already know that I can not buy Dragon Valley with Sim Points. I don't have a credit card or deal with paypal. Instead I placed my money on my EA Account Balance. Now I am not able to use that CASH for the purchase of Dragon Valley. What in the HECK is the purpose of an EA Account Balance if we can't use that CASH to buy Dragon Valley?

Please don't tell me to edit my title, because I WILL NOT. :evil: I have waited patiently for Dragon Valley to be released, and I did not convert it over to Sim Points. Someone really needs to look into this and make it available to pay it this route, or is that against the law.

~~EDIT~~

The EA cash card is used to get simpoints or bundles in the buy simpoint page only. Since DV is also there, you can get them there as bundles with the EA cashcard balance as explained in the posts above.

Sometimes it is good to breathe and ask before yelling at people for attention. We are all very busy, but luckily there are very nice people who helped you out.

Thanks and glad it got resolved.

I was not yelling at people with that post, I was only yelling in the title to get someone's attention. Bigger letters will catch anyone's attention. If I had been yelling at people, my whole post would have all been in caps, and I would never ever do to that. What was also going on yesterday, I was also having a really bad day with other stuff as well, but managed to get that whole mess all sorted out as well. Yesterday was just one of those days, and if you ever look in any of my past post since I became a member here, you will see that I very rarely ever get irritated. I did noticed that this topic did also help several others who were having the same issue.
  • xXxNightAngelxXxxXxNightAngelxXx Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    ~~EDIT~~

EDIT- sorry
  • xXxNightAngelxXxxXxNightAngelxXx Posts: 5
    edited June 2013

The Steps....

step1uj.jpg

step2y.jpg

step3ks.jpg

It will not let me select the option to purchase with EA Cash
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited June 2013
    you have to have a balance equal to or greater than your purchase amount.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited June 2013
    You have to use the cash cards to fund your EA Account balance until it has at least as much as the bundle you want to buy costs.

Put the cash card into your EA Account Balance here:

https://activate.ea.com/retailCode.do
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • honeybee1088honeybee1088 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    can someone help i cant pay with my ea account balance for dragon valley it has it there but i cant make it go there

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top