Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix the timing system!

I'm sure it's not just me who is fed up of it taking my sims 15-30 sim minutes just to walk up the stairs? Or when you queue an action for a sim and it stands there for a little while before actually deciding it's going to do the action? I think this is something that really needs rethinking in the sims 4 and improving upon majorly. Forget about all of the other details we want including for a while and just focus on the basics.

Comments

• anit1983anit1983 Posts: 886 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is what has been annoying me about sims 3 for a long time. Especially when they need to go to work, and it take them an hour to do everything. 1 hour to eat, 1 hour to shower, and you better make sure you factor in the time it takes for them to actually spin out of their cloths and get in the shower or they will be late for work. Sometimes they just stand there for 30 minutes, looking at the shower before they get in. :x
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree. I opened a thread on the subject myself.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,172 Member
    edited May 2013
    Also it takes them way too long to cook a meal .

I have never known anyone take over an hour to prepare and cook an omelette and most of the other timings are way too long just to have repeat animations played 3 or 4 times .
    The biggest annoyance for me though is definitely the length of time it takes for the game to remember what outerwear outfit they have and to change into it .known it take up to 3 sims hours sometimes . Or when you go to a party and the party is over before everyone has worked out which outfit they are supposed to be spinning into for it
  • tioluistioluis Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Love this thread, I have always wanted to pull my hear out when I give a command and my sim just stands there like a lump on a log! By the time they get to it almost an hr has passed lol. I would also like the option to slow the clock down so the minutes don't go by so fast, I find that sometimes the game time is just too quick and I can't get enough done in one day because the sim is too tired and has to wake up in like 3 hrs for work. Its annoying.
  • willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes. Thank you! This. I posted a similar thread sometime back, but it didn't seem to catch anyone's attention. I think it was swallowed out by everyone's questions about University.