Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you collect bonus simpoints?

Every once in a while, you may go to the Sims 3 Store, click on a random page, and check out bonus simpoints provided by the sponsor. Sometimes, there are no sponsors. And sometimes, you may have already collected the maximum limit of bonus simpoints. One viewing of the advertisement will give you 10 simpoints, and five viewings will give you 50 simpoints. I have thus far received 150 simpoints from viewing ads alone for three non-consecutive days. I think I am going to save them up to buy a set. :lol:

Comments

• waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    edited May 2013
    Update: my current collection from the bonus simpoints is 200. Yea!
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am not eligible, mind you when it first happened I was able to do it on my ipad it evened out my sp to to the nearest 25th which made be very happy no more 4 or 9 sp left when I run out :P

Next time I collect is when DV comes out ;D
  • hellocupcakehellocupcake Posts: 44 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I've done the 5 a day everyday since I became aware of it. Strangely it'll disappear for a day or two for me though.

ETA: I started with 40 now I'm up to over 1K :shock:
  • melslittleworldmelslittleworld Posts: 399 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have yet to be offered this free simpoint video thing. Is it on a certain page... I'm on firefox. Could anyone help me please?
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm using Chrome.

Though, I am not aware that the type of browser you are using would have any effect of the bonus simpoint advertisement showing up. However, I do know that you need to have to be the American English version of the site. Hope this helps.
  • butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited May 2013
    I was able to collect about 200, I have not seen it in about 4 days now, no matter what time I try :XD:
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited May 2013
    I do know that you need to have to be the American English version of the site. Hope this helps.
    I'm afraid that, as far as I have been able to make out, you actually have to be American to get the free Simpoints! :thumbdown:

To make full use of the website I have to set my language to English/American anyway, yet have never seen this promotion, and their announcement does state that they only want to reward American Simmers.

Deliberately excluding players from every other country, it's yet another example of EA's total lack of concern or care for their customers :evil:

• cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited May 2013
    I definitely have better luck with the free simpoints showing up with Chrome.
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm using Firefox and I just got 50 bonus simpoints for viewing ads 5 times. I got 10 simpoints each time I viewed the ad.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2013
    I didn't see the ads in the last few days but it showed up for me tonight. I have not counted how much simpoints I racked up. It's given away anyway.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I try everyday, but sometimes it disappears for a few days at a time. I think I've collected a total of 700 simpoints from it. :) I was even able to get a multitab!
  • riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited May 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    I do know that you need to have to be the American English version of the site. Hope this helps.
    I'm afraid that, as far as I have been able to make out, you actually have to be American to get the free Simpoints! :thumbdown:

To make full use of the website I have to set my language to English/American anyway, yet have never seen this promotion, and their announcement does state that they only want to reward American Simmers.

Deliberately excluding players from every other country, it's yet another example of EA's total lack of concern or care for their customers :evil:
    It's not their lack of concern, but probably for legal reasons. I'm sure they would make it available to more people if they could.
  • Sakja123Sakja123 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2013
    The bonus simpoints ad is never up at the same time every day for me. Sometimes it's not there for two or three days straight. If I'm up at 2 AM, usually it's available, but not always.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have yet to be offered this free simpoint video thing. Is it on a certain page... I'm on firefox. Could anyone help me please?

Yes, it is the store pages. I usually click DD or sales pages and it will be to the left, a blue box. It will let you click 5 times a day. Some days, it isn't there. Hope that helps. :D
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited June 2013
    They have not showing up for me for 2 days now, almost 3 days in few mins until midnight. It usually come up for me at midnight to 1am, but I do check in other hours when they are not showing up in midnight to 1am. Not sure what is going on.