Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family tree in CAS

Every time I go into CAS I like to create a big family tree, problem with this is the limit of 8 sims in a household. I'd like to have an option to create a big family tree (10 - 25 sims) not necessarily living in the same household, but a household limit increase of sims would be great. (for sims that want big families and don't want to wait for the kids to grow up and move away).

I'd like the ability to have a few sims related to each other have kids and keep it going from there. ex.:
grandpa---grandma

husband---daughter son daughter

son son son daughter

so I guess have the option to create two or more households but have them related if you wanted. Just so that you don't have to rely on the game making your sims have kids and such when you're not playing that household.

The only other option I could see for "fixing" that small problem would be to be able to switch between households without losing wishes like in the sims 2.

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I love this idea! I hate that you can only make so many sims in a household in CAS, its annoying to have to make a family, move them in somewhere, go make another family, move them in somewhere and use mods to make them related. :roll:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    abigail2244abigail2244 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited May 2013
    That sounds like an awesome idea, especially when you want to add a new family to the town and the family tree just pops out of nowhere. c(: That just seems silly.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love playing huge families, I have to have at least one really big family. This started when I was playing TS2 with the Ego Family but now in TS3 it's the Rumbaa Family. But earlier I got a thought to recreate the Ego's for competition against the Rumbaa's. I have no idea how SV will hold up but I guess I'll see eventually, lol.

Moreover, I agree with you and I've been wanting an option to connect familial relationships to those already in-game. For example: If I create a household of 8 family members but I want the family to have a total of 18 members, I could just create the other households and attach a familial relationship to the other family members already in-game.

I'm so annoyed this cannot be done in TS3.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree!!!! I think at the very least think we should be able to create twleve Sims in CAS (including or not including pets, whichever is widely preferred).

I tried to create all four Charmed Ones (as seen in my sig), including their mom, the two dads, and of course Grams! I couldn't link them properly because they couldn't be half sisters and then they couldn't have different fathers and a whole bunch of other stuff.

It would be nice to have more options when choosing their relationships in CAS, whether we want them to be cousins, half siblings, exes.

And we should be able to make a young adult or adult the sibling of a toddler, child, or teen!
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    edited May 2013
    This would be amazing!! Btw I love charmed.

I sometimes play single parent households with kids from different fathers and I cannot really do that correctly in CAS. Its so annoying to have these 3 kids that look nothing alike be considered all full siblings.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    Not only do we DEFINITELY need more options of different types of relationships in CAS (cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparents WITHOUT the parents of the niece or nephews or grandchildren if desired)but we need to have an option where you can click on ANY Sim in game and "choose family relationship" and then essentially have that family become a part of YOUR family... without having to add them to your active household. Say, for instance, you click on a Townie and then make him your brother (or half brother). Now, if his mother is already in the game she's YOUR mom too! His wife would be your sister-in-law and his kids would be your nieces and nephews. Of course this would only work if you did not already have a mother for your Sim so I'm not sure how difficult the coding would have to be to keep track of this. Then, when your Sim hosts a party, one of the options should be "Family Reunion" where all the Sims your Sim is now related to will show up to the party. Let the hilarious holiday dinners commence! LOL Admittedly, I'm really not sure if this is workable but there ought to be some sort of system that at least allows for extended family NOT necessarily living under your roof.
  • Options
    Freakyteen22Freakyteen22 Posts: 93 Member
    edited May 2013
    Another option I'd also like to have in the sims 4 is the ability to set a "life path" for your sims, so if a sim moves away from your family you'd be able to choose how many times they get married, how often you'd want them to conceive, or set their career path or whatever to add more story behind it. I didn't really like in the sims 3 how a sim from my household I'd move to another place and they'd basically live their lives horribly with next to no good changes ex.: no change in skill or career promotions and no new kids. (and yes my story progression is on)
  • Options
    SZ5061SZ5061 Posts: 29 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think there should be an option that allows you to see all the sims in the neighborhood to add as certain relatives.
  • Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't even mind if they kept it at 8, if they at least let you have an active household that didn't have to live in the same house. That way one could move out the children to different houses but still interact as if they were one family. I neeeeeeeed this!!!
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love this Idea.

I've always wanted to make the past generations of a Custom Family, but I didn't want to play them from scratch-- if you catch my meaning.
    Awesome Idea! :3
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is a great idea!! Imagine the stories you could create!
  • Options
    Rinchan7Rinchan7 Posts: 264 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope we could make 'step' relationships as well, without having to make the other biological parent
  • Options
    JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree!!!! I think at the very least think we should be able to create twleve Sims in CAS (including or not including pets, whichever is widely preferred).

I tried to create all four Charmed Ones (as seen in my sig), including their mom, the two dads, and of course Grams! I couldn't link them properly because they couldn't be half sisters and then they couldn't have different fathers and a whole bunch of other stuff.

It would be nice to have more options when choosing their relationships in CAS, whether we want them to be cousins, half siblings, exes.

And we should be able to make a young adult or adult the sibling of a toddler, child, or teen!

This 100%! Oh and I love Charmed! :thumbup:
  • Options
    simgrassalidalesimgrassalidale Posts: 22 New Member
    edited May 2013
    SZ5061 wrote:
    I think there should be an option that allows you to see all the sims in the neighborhood to add as certain relatives.

Seeing this as an option in CAS would be amazing!
    This could be used with an option to clone anyone in the neighbourhood into CAS so that you can use them as a base for family resemblance.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree! I love making huge Dynastic families in the sims. :D
  • Options
    Xpinkygirlx1Xpinkygirlx1 Posts: 376 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think the household limit should be increased, but not by TOO much...It'll be a living nightmare trying to control upwards of around 15 or so sims...I can barely handle 8!But we still need more sims allowed...Maybe a dozen sims per household, and if pets is created you can go up to 15 with the pets? God, that'd be hard tho xD

Maybe they could give us a feature where you take a family tree and have spots that have to be filled but not played? For example, you could do a sim's parents and grandparents, plus any siblings, but only the sim you created was in the world.

Then for the parent, grandparent, etc. spots you can click and create them, but they aren't in the world. And maybe it could go as far back to your great-great-grandmother or your grandmother's sister's brother-in-laws father!